OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    10/09/2005 12:56am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DinosaurKnight
    This is great news for well-toned, physically active ectomorphs such as myself: I'm pretty much guarunteed to be among the 10% of men who makes it to middle age and beyond without becoming overweight.

Meaning that if I'm still single in 15 years (likely), I'll have the veritable pick of the litter among the 30% of women in my age bracket who manage to stay slim. Even if they're married, they'd probably pounce at an opportunity to take a break from their fat, ugly husbands with a lean, active, athletic guy like me.
    A little narcissistic, aren't we?

PL

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    10/09/2005 1:28am

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    A little narcissistic, aren't we?

PL

As I told one of my female friend antagonists once when she called me narcissistic:

"It's not narcissism if it is well founded."

Seriously though, the man has a point. I went to my hometown in SE Kansas to pick up a truck and go to my 10 year HS reunion. Man, if I didn't have a hot girlfriend, I would have had my pick. All the guys had gotten ridiculously fat and out-of-shape. No competition at all.

Unfortunately, the same thing happened to all the women. All of them. There's the rub. Which is why all the women in the midwest that are in their late 20s or early 30s that are still in shape think they are the ****. And men put up with it because, well, look at the alternative.

This is why I secretly put crank in my gf's breakfast shake.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/10/2005 9:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and then some

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People get set in their habits when they are young, and don't change them when they are older and the habits don't work. Take the people I work with as an example.

Lindsay drinks no less than TWO LITERS of coca-cola a day. Her snacks consist of bags of cashews and the larger bags of Doritos or Ruffles. But **** if that bitch ain't skinny. Her hair and skin look like ****, but her body is lean. I'm sure her system will conk out early if she doesn't stop eating like that (oh, and she smokes a pack a day). Do I expect her to suddenly learn good health and discipline when she hits 30? She's 22 now, she's got 8 years. Maybe she'll turn around. The others I'm not around enough to see everything they eat. But they all go to KFC and McDonald's and the nearby Taco Bell for their lunches. One day I was eating my lentil soup and apple when Jenn showed up with a gigantic tray of bean dip and two giant bags of tortilla chips. I guess they all had the urge. Occasionally Jenn goes to the Macrobiotic cafe and pays $11 for a really healthy meal (salad, kale, whole grains, fresh soup), and praises herself for being healthy, but other days she reaches for tootsie rolls and a eats 3 servings of tomato bisque all to herself. She's big, and acts confused as to how she developed a belly. Whenever I go to Starbucks for my plain coffee people ask me to pick them up a frappucino, which as we all know is ismply a coffee milkshake.

The people I work with are all pretty young. They all look pretty good on the outside, but their insides are hurting, and I guarantee you this will catch up with them. the study's findings do not surprise me at all.

I think another part of it is simply a matter of education. We trusted that the food pyramid was accurate and told us everything we needed to know. But little did we know, 10 servings a day of white bread and white rice and bagels wasn't getting us anywhere. Also, including milk on the pyramid was a mistake (I drink milk and enjoy it, but I know that lactose tolerance is the biological abberation, not intolerance). Now we're learning about whole grains and the essential amino acids and what a trans fat even is.

Of course part of it is obvious: Eating cookies all day is bad for you. But I think it is important to note the difference between eating a cookie made from whole grains (they exist!) from scratch, and the cookie sold on the supermarket shelf that could potentially sit there for years because of all the preservatives in it. One is a cookie that you could make room for in your daily caloric allotment. The other is death on a tray. This I have to blame on the food industry.

Oh! And Kids' Cereals! They tout their importance and healthfulness because they are "fortified" with vitamins, but they neglect to add that they are simply sprinkling a few vitamins on top of a mound of sugar and rotten swill.

I need to stop now so that I don't run out of bitch.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    10/10/2005 9:08pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, no! Keep going!

Or better yet, make a story happen! Bring in treats for everyone that are the maximum # of calories for a snack, and write how they bitch and moan how it isn't filling enough!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    10/10/2005 9:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the real question is, though, how come there is a giant fucking bull in the middle of my screen? Nice idea Phrost, but I just can't read half of a person's post because of it. :(

PL

EDIT: Yay! It's in the corner now. Thank you Phrost. :viking:

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/10/2005 9:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and then some

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay fine, here's my other rant.

On my other, much more girly, message board, there is a health and fitness/diet forum. People post and ask for advice in much the same way they do in this forum, but substitute all the weight lifting threads with threads about an individual's diet. These women will go on there and post their daily menu. It isn't that they are posting cheeseburgers and carrot cake, but their meals show exactly why most people who go on diets simply fail after a certain point.

For one, you will have a 5'8'' woman "aiming" for 1200-1300 calories a day. This simply is not enough food for some of these women. How do I know? Because they post, repeatedly, about how they cannot lose any more weight and they eat less and less and get nowhere. HELLO!! YOU FUCKED UP YOUR METABOLISM AND NOW YOUR BODY THINKS YOU ARE STUCK ON A DESERT ISLAND WITH NO FOOD AND YOU ARE GOING INTO STARVATION MODE. While I can't fault them for trying, somewhere along they way they heard that in order to lose weight they had to severely restrict themselves, and that somehow, this will work. No, it won't.

And the **** they are eating! For breakfast, a 90 calorie diet breakfast bar. Excuse me? 90 calories? Some store bought "fat free," preservative-laden, chemical-pumped bar? **** no! Who is going to stay satisfied on that for long enough to lose weight? And then what do they expect to eat when they reach their weigh goal? Personally, I find it much more rewarding to eat scrambled egg whites (no fat, plus! It's real food!!) and a piece of whole grain toast but WHATEVER. For lunch they will eat a fat free yogurt and some berries. Dinner is a small piece of chicken, a small salad, and fat free dressing.

Who can keep that **** up? That's not learning how to eat properly, that's eating with the sole purpose of weight loss. While weight loss is fine and dandy, these women are setting themselves up for failure because they aren't teaching themselves how to eat. When they reach their goals, they will eat like however they want but they will gain the weight back because they have no clue as to what they should be eating.

Also, all this "fat free" crap is ruining everything. People buying fat free salad dressing? Do you know how much **** they have to put into food to make it "fat free"? Why not just put some vinegar on your salad? It tastes great and it's a real food product. Also, what is so wrong with fat? FAT IS A FUCKING NUTRIENT. You need it to live. If you don't eat enough fat you get cranky and feel like ****. Why are you cranky and feeling like ****? Because your body is eating the fat off of your heart and other organs to survive (yes, that is extreme, but it still happens... eventually).

And what are these fat free products replacing? Fruits and vegetables. You want a snack? Eat a banana! But on no! All those carbs! Has anyone here ever met someone who ate so much fruit that they got fat? I sure haven't! I dare anyone to eat so many apples a day that they turn into a whale. What's so wrong with eating some baby carrots or broccoli florets for your snack? They're so god damned good for you! and the bonus is, when you get to your goal weight, you already know what kinds of foods are good for you, you're used to them, and you're not going to have to learn how to eat like a real person now that you're the size of one. Because you already do it right.

I don't think these dieting women are at fault for eating this way. They are told nonstop that fat is bad, that carbs are bad, and that these products will help they achieve their goals. But it's not going to work. They are going to have to learn a thing or two about proper nutrition. I don't think it's impossible to find that information, but it's certainly not the same information that is blasted at you from all sides.

/rant

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    10/10/2005 9:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beka
    I dare anyone to eat so many apples a day that they turn into a whale.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was about 10, I ate like 8 or 9 medium-sized apples through the course of the day. I wake up at midnight that night and I'm feeling kinda weird, so I walk into the living room where my mom was still watching TV.

Me: "Mom..."

Mom: "Hmmm...? What are you doing up?"

Me: *PROJECTILE VOMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

It came out of my nose, too. And since it was apple juice, it was all acidy. :(

Kinda reminds me of the time I ate like half a watermelon on my own when I was around 5. My parents and I get in the car, I get in the back seat, and lean forward in between their seats. I think I tried to say something, but all that came out was *PROJECTILE VOMIT!!!!!!!!!*

PL

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    10/10/2005 9:57pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahahaha, you ate yourself sick.

But you never became fat. :p

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    10/10/2005 10:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was chubby when I was a kid. Then I had a growth spurt (aka puberty), but never started eating more to compensate, so I just slimmed down. Now I'm trying to get big again.

After I reach 300 lbs, I will go on a starvation diet, though.

PL

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    10/14/2005 7:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have recently been flagged as possibly having an eating disorder.

However, I am 179cm tall and weigh 71kg and am a classic ectomorph.

Fatness WAS an issue for a little while when I was on the wrong medication and turned to beer, but I'm back to my old self
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123