Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    10/02/2005 11:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

10/30/05 MD Throwdown

Let's keep this thread clean ... facts, questions, working out format of individual contests, etc., ... run crazy mad wild on the second coming thread if you want.

So Far:

312 Park Avenue
    2nd or 3rd Flood depending on how you count
    Baltimore, MD 21202
    Start Time: Around 12 noon
    End Time: Whenever

Post TD food fest ... suggest Chinese take out right across the street. Lay in the order prior to starting. If peeps toss in $2 - $3 that will cover it. The noodle and rice dishes are fit for 2 peeps.

I'll lay in some bottled water ... small market across the street that might be open.
    Fucking "On Leong Tong" peeps are very undependable ... Oops ... did I just post that on an open forum?

Off Forum Point of Contact: John - BambooTempleUSA@aol.com

Mats to be provided by groundcontrolba ... let's get there a bit early and help lug them upstairs, move some tables around and set the mats up.

There are a couple of unresolved issues. Namely, is the MD TD Crew, "The Bold & Gold TD Standard" ... **** you Atlanta sissy boys ... going to do the multi on 1 experiment?

I offer to be the first Lab Rat but I'm not about to get my ass kicked and then no one else be willing to step in to test fire this thing. We need at least 2 more peeps willing to give it a go.

The other thing is this: We need a dedicated video recorder. Preferrably someone who is savvy with computers so that the video can be uploaded in a timely fashion.

However, we can split that responsibility into "recorder" and "computer techie to do the uploading."

We are less than 30 days out ... you have all the information ... let's get a declaration on who is coming as a start point.

Posted On:
    10/02/2005 1:55pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm coming. I don't want to do a 2 vs. 1 but I will if i'm on the 2 side.

:wav:

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    10/02/2005 2:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kikkoman
    I'm coming. I don't want to do a 2 vs. 1 but I will if i'm on the 2 side. :wav:
    Probably going to be more like 6 on 1 ... okay, cool ... you are on the "multi" side of the house. See if you can get 3 - 5 more guys to be on your side.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    10/02/2005 2:35pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will be coming (injuries permitting, I have a nasty bone bruise on my hip and 2 busted fingers at the moment). I am willing to fight 1 v1 (JKDreality I really want our Ninja Vs. _ing __un match). I am also willing to try the multiple opponents, even though it pretty much guarantee I would lose. However, from the last throwdown I truely believe that we can do that in safely and I will still be able to still fight after (as long I am complete wiped endurance wise)

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    10/02/2005 5:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    I will be coming (injuries permitting, I have a nasty bone bruise on my hip and 2 busted fingers at the moment).
    Dude, Google "DMSO" ... you want to purchase some 99.9% Pure in a 70% Concentration ... get the gel ... the liquid is fucking messy. Keep it in your refrigerator after you use it the first time. Make sure you wash your hands and the injury site prior to applying ... this stuff crosses the cell membrane and will transport **** into your body otherwise.

DMSO is The Bomb for soft tissue and bone bruises ... I've been using it for many years and it's kept me going long after I should have packed it in.

I am willing to fight 1 v1 (JKDreality I really want our Ninja Vs. _ing __un match).
    Okay ... cool ... just so long as both of you keep in mind this is a "Throwdown" and not a street fight. "I quit" ... or "tap out" ... means just that ... the fight is over.

I am also willing to try the multiple opponents, even though it pretty much guarantee I would lose.
    Cool, that's you & me thus far ... need one more brave Soul to step forward. Dude, it's a given we're going to "lose" in that we won't be standing over the broken bodies of the attackers ... that's not the point.

We are defining "winning" as either surviving for a set amount of time ... or making it to and securing a baseball bat (No, you aren't allowed to start smashing knee caps and heads ... just secure it and face the attackers.)... or making it to and out the door (Just stop on the other side of the door ... no need to run out of the building).

However, from the last throwdown I truely believe that we can do that in safely and I will still be able to still fight after (as long I am complete wiped endurance wise)
    Sure, what the **** is the worst that can happen ... black eye ... some bumps & bruises. I'm thinking who ever is the 1 will be steam rolled in short order and gang piled on ... end of fight.

That Shou Shu take on 15 guys at once and "win" **** is just way too over the top ... MD TD Crew takes it to the acid test ... let it ride and sort out as it will. Video to follow.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    10/02/2005 5:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Dude, Google "DMSO" ... you want to purchase some 99.9% Pure in a 70% Concentration ... get the gel ... the liquid is fucking messy. Keep it in your refrigerator after you use it the first time. Make sure you wash your hands and the injury site prior to applying ... this stuff crosses the cell membrane and will transport **** into your body otherwise.

DMSO is The Bomb for soft tissue and bone bruises ... I've been using it for many years and it's kept me going long after I should have packed it in.
    I use White Tiger for soft tissue and bone bruises. Its a cold activated, so I use it with ice, and I have had a good track record with it. Thanks for the advice, it always good have some different stuff in case 1 doesn't work.

Okay ... cool ... just so long as both of you keep in mind this is a "Throwdown" and not a street fight. "I quit" ... or "tap out" ... means just that ... the fight is over.
    No worries, if it wasn't like that I wouldn't show up.

Cool, that's you & me thus far ... need one more brave Soul to step forward. Dude, it's a given we're going to "lose" in that we won't be standing over the broken bodies of the attackers ... that's not the point.

We are defining "winning" as either surviving for a set amount of time ... or making it to and securing a baseball bat (No, you aren't allowed to start smashing knee caps and heads ... just secure it and face the attackers.)... or making it to and out the door (Just stop on the other side of the door ... no need to run out of the building).
    I like that, make the goal to get out the door or to get a stick or something. Cause we are all expirenced fighters, it will nearly impossible to beat 3-6 guys, but It very possible to escape. That is a very different and IMO cool challenge of skill.

Posted On:
    10/02/2005 5:42pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I shall be attending. I'll take you up on your offer KageKaze.

My primary goal here is to enlighten our taekwondo friends. I do have a problem wearing gloves however. Pad up a fist and you take away most of the damage. I will fight whoever wishes to fight me, just know what i'm about. I don't do sport.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/02/2005 5:46pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDreality

My primary goal here is to enlighten our taekwondo friends. I do have a problem wearing gloves however. Pad up a fist and you take away most of the damage. I will fight whoever wishes to fight me, just know what i'm about. I don't do sport.

I think you will find that a wrapped and padded fist can hit HARDER. (See my av for reference!) MMA gloves don't protect the guy getting hit, they protect the hands of the hitter.

Plus you can hit more when your knuckles don't break after the first shot.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2005 5:47pm

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pad up a fist and you take away most of the damage.
    You ever wear MMA gloves before?

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    10/02/2005 5:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

No problem, we don't use gloves and any padding at my dojo. I am quite used to fighting without gloves. However, remember it still a friendly kumite, so leave your ego at the door, if you need to you can pick it up on the way out.

*Waits for JKDreality to be a 300 pound bruiser*
Page 1 of 33 1 234511 ... LastLast