Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2005 8:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fuk that shyt......even if i was as good as Dude, jus for bein somewhat a "celebrity" im gonna be rollin around wit super-sized muscle-bound body guards

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2005 8:49pm

Style: pentjak silat/ kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RBSD, TMA, MMA, whatever- this is proof that no one is invincible and that anyone can be caught unaware.

And for those who don't know- a knife altercation is one of the most dangerous situations you could ever come up against. After training extensively in weapon disarms, I'd actually rather deal with a club or a handgun any day, as at full speed the knife disarms only worked about 20% of the time- tops.

The RBSD crowd better button their lips on THIS one. From what I can tell no amount of ad- hoc weapons, eye gouging, or other self defense tricks and doo- dads would have helped anybody in this situation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2005 9:38pm

Style: None as of yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just have some questions about this:

1. If they wanted to kill him or at least **** him over real good why didn't they bring guns? Sure, he got his **** messed up anyway but I'm sure the guys who came after him were aware of the fact that he was professional fighter a gun would make the job easier.

2. Who exactly were the guys that attacked and was their motivation? I know he had a rough past and probably got involved with gangs in his youth so I reckon maybe some mofos came because they had some business to take of with him but I'm still curious about that.

As for the "it can happen to anybody" part, I have my doubts about that. Sure this kind of thing is more likely to happen to you if you live a hard criminal life but if you live a normal peaceful life then I don't think it's very likey you're going to get jumped by a gang of knife wielding thugs (unless maybe you wander into a biker bar or the ghetto after midnight)

But I'm still kinda worried. I finally managed to make my ninja wannabe friend to see the light and recomended him this site and now I'm worried that he'll go back to his old bullshido ways once he reads this. :icon_conf

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    9/29/2005 9:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_steve
    You beat me posting this by 5 hours. So I'll add this commentary from someone else on another forum for context:
    Well, Sherdog beat me by a day. I'm always amazed how they get the jump on every MMA related news article out first. :XXcompute
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2005 9:52pm

Style: Martial Arts man!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dude, there is no way anyone can defend 3 grown young men with knoves (unless you are packin heat)
    the only way is to get out (run) - if you can't do this, you're a gooner

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2005 9:54pm

Style: Martial Arts man!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this may have helped ......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2005 1:00am

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes I'm sure he was thinking to himself, just as 3 knife-wielding homocidal maniacs attacked, that a two-handed battle-axe would really come in handy right now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2005 3:59am

Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The main eason why there are so few fist fights here in the US is everyone "might" have a gun and the fact we are so sue and prosucute happy. Hell, in Missouri the law states you can carry a gun in your glove box with out a permit or training. Road rage anyone or the fact it provides easy access to theives. Me I prefer my gun wield mainacs to know how to shoot or at least gun owner to to be both sane and pocess comsense and for get the criminal background check some i've seen (and a gun owner friend of mine agrees) should have to pass an IQ test first . End of Rant

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/30/2005 5:52am

supporting member
     Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamabushi
    BTW it's still legal to own firearms in the UK. Handguns are outlawed and rifles are strictly controlled but you can own shotguns without too much hassle.
    Not all of the UK. Over here (Norn Iron), you can own shotguns (and air rifles), but you've got to jump through all sorts of hoops to get them. You need to have an approved gun cabinet (someone will come and check that it's the right sort and properly secured), written permission from the landowners for anywhere you want to shoot (and the landowners are restricted in how many people they can give permission too), photograpic proof of your identity (signed by somebody important), no criminal record or history of mental illness (these apply to both you and anyone in your household) etc etc. Then you just have to wait a few months and you're good to go. Of course, your shotgun must be full sized, not a pump action, and if it's an automatic it must be restricted to hold no more than 3 cartridges at once.

Alternatively, you can avoid all that nonsense by joining one of Norn Iron's many paramilitary groups (terrorists), and get access to pretty much any sort of weapon you like.

Jonny

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/30/2005 6:59am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ofcourse were RSBD guys are going to have a feild day with this but what you will not hear a a feasible way to deal with a 25 man brawl.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast