Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/06/2005 11:48pm

Style: slappy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_steve

Needless to say, I am disappointed and a little pissed off.
    I hear ya Steve. I really do wish I could've been there and in action. But no action for me until I recover from this little "situation" I've got going on. :(
    I'm not surprised though. I've had a hard time finding a sparring partner in the last year, and God willing, I'm going to compete full contact in Spring. So maybe when I get the ok from my doctor we could work something out? 'Cause I know you like to play.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    11/06/2005 11:57pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure something could be arranged. What kind of fighting are we talking about, boxing or MMA or something?

Posted On:
    11/07/2005 10:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure something could be arranged. What kind of fighting are we talking about, boxing or MMA or something?
    Kuoshu rules. Basically kickboxing plus elbows, knees, and takedowns. There's a tournament in Madison, WI this coming May and we'd be glad to have you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 9:40am

Style: Xingyi, Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sucks that you only got two people. I'll make sure to find a way to the next one. Cracker, I'd love to do some sparring under Kousho rules, if you're game at the next one.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 9:51am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, Cracker has a medical disability for a little while, so even in December, he wouldn't be eligible. I'd be glad to do a Kousho rules match for the first time at the next one, as long as people are gentle with the elbows - I've never dealt with those yet.

I'm game to organize one in December - We have a discounted admission at Fitplex, they have a great facility, and this could be fun. BUT I NEED PEOPLE TO SHOW UP. $12 for me, believe it or not, is almost the same I pay for a month at my work's fitness center. Nerveasian's arrival made the cost worth it because I got to introduce him to a new range of fighting, got to prove to myself that I'm not completely worthless at grappling/groundfighting (since everyone at my school has been there at least 6 months or longer, making for a very steep learning curve), and got to do one of the funniest video clips ever.

Clips aren't up yet due to issues with my webhosting.

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 8:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, Cracker has a medical disability for a little while, so even in December, he wouldn't be eligible. I'd be glad to do a Kousho rules match for the first time at the next one, as long as people are gentle with the elbows - I've never dealt with those yet.
    Yeah, as soon as I'm ok'd by my doc, and I get a couple of weeks to get my game back on, I'll be more than happy to play. Right now I'm 3 months to a year in the "no fight club". :( :( :(
    Landshark, cool thanks. I'll need the practice before the competition (if I'm able) and if you're interested I'd be glad to provide you with tournament contact info.
    Steve, the elbows aren't as big of a deal as they sound.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 10:01am

Style: Xingyi, Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd be glad to do a Kousho rules match for the first time at the next one, as long as people are gentle with the elbows - I've never dealt with those yet.
    Definitely. No need for anyone to get hurt.

Cracker, I might indeed be interested in that info, some competition might do me good. I forget, though, does Koushou allow low kicks?

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 6:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by landshark
    Definitely. No need for anyone to get hurt.

Cracker, I might indeed be interested in that info, some competition might do me good. I forget, though, does Koushou allow low kicks?
    Yes it does, just not to the inside of the leg.
    I'll PM you some info later.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678