That old guy in Romiin video looks a bit creepy.....
I found this info on abir: http://friaryid.blogspot.com/2007/06/abir-revealed.html
It appears the rabbi is teaching kuk sool won.
I watched a video of abir and one of kuk sool won on youtube. They appear identical. The only thing abir appears to have that kuk sool won does not is hebrew letters, and mystical bullshit. The footwork is the same, the fast striking, the tae kwon do like kicks, the sword, all the same. What a coincidence that the hebrew hammer also took kuk sool won
As a Jew, I would just like to say that our main advantage in a fight is our minority anger, which is actually veiled by our white(ish) skin.
Originally Posted by Sarcastro
This is disturbing
It looks like Kuk Sul Won garnished with Hebrew letters. The scary, tall white-bearded guy looks like he might have some interesting stuff. Either that or the student's taking a dive. If the family really was a bunch of Yemenite bad-asses they could have some interesting wrestling and knife work. Yemenis can be some seriously dangerous curved-knife hillbillies.
But what I see is Kuk Sul Won.
This pic is awesomely photoshoped
I heard about this recently, I'll be back with more info about it...
It's gotten my curiosity. I wonder if one of these dudes would be down with rolling.
i demand this thread gets placed in ymas.....NOW!!!
I can’t imagine Moses or Solomon doing Grandmaster Sofer’s Abir fighting art, which
includes spinning kicks, jumping side kicks and the crane stance. This is how I imagine the close range hand-to-hand combat techniques of the Israelites would have been like:
- Guard and punching like classic Western bare-knuckle boxers (rather than Chinese crane and mantis fighting)
- Muay Thai style shin kicks (rather than Korean Taekwondo high kicks)
- Filipino Kino Mutai grappling and biting (rather than Japanese jiu-jitsu arm-locks and throws)
- Zulu style stick-fighting (rather than Japanese Bo fighting)
- Saudi Arabian public beheadings style sword fighting (rather than Shaolin broadsword Wushu)
- They would have shrieked like wild cats during battle (rather than do a Japanese Kiai!)
- They would have fought uncontrollably like the vikings (rather than do nice neat karate/kung fu/jiu-jitsu applications)
And they’d do all this whilst wearing long garments and sandals.
Please let me know if you would agree
I think you're an idiot.