Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 5:51pm

Style: One-armed flailing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dislocation Station

I just went to the Dr. this morning, I've been having back and shoulder pains for a while and I wanted to get it checked out. Turns out my collar bone is dislocated and I was advised to not train that arm for at least 4 months. I guess I'll have to get in some knife fights in the meantime, for now you can label me gimp.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 5:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where was it dislocated? At the acromion? Any other damage?
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 9:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the center of my chest, right below my neck where it connects to the solar plexus (I think). I don't think there is major damage to the tendons, but he did say they were strained quite a bit. The injury is actually a few months old, I just didn't recognize it until now. He wasn't very specific, just told me to stay off it for 4-5 months of heavy lifting, gave me some pain killers and went on his way. It's a bitch though, any time I try to throw a punch or lift weights it shoots pain through my right arm. I've really been getting into training lately, but I'm going to take it as a limitation rather than a setback. I'm going to concentrate on my lower body and my core while it heals and really step up my cardio during that time. Hopefully when it heals I'll be able to rehab it enough to have this never happen again. I've got a good gym so I'm not too worried about that. Any comments/suggestions on excercises and rehab for the shoulder area would be great, anyone with the same problem would be better.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 9:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman_withers
    In the center of my chest, right below my neck where it connects to the solar plexus (I think). I don't think there is major damage to the tendons, but he did say they were strained quite a bit. The injury is actually a few months old, I just didn't recognize it until now. He wasn't very specific, just told me to stay off it for 4-5 months of heavy lifting, gave me some pain killers and went on his way. It's a bitch though, any time I try to throw a punch or lift weights it shoots pain through my right arm. I've really been getting into training lately, but I'm going to take it as a limitation rather than a setback. I'm going to concentrate on my lower body and my core while it heals and really step up my cardio during that time. Hopefully when it heals I'll be able to rehab it enough to have this never happen again. I've got a good gym so I'm not too worried about that. Any comments/suggestions on excercises and rehab for the shoulder area would be great, anyone with the same problem would be better.
    You solar plexus is below your xiphoid process :copdance:

Ahh, the sternoclavicular joint. How'd you get injured?

Also, make sure to change your style field to reflect your actual style.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 10:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is my style, for now. I'm not able to train at the moment because of my money situation (I have none) and my new injury. I do train at my free school gym and they have a martial arts room I use with my friends to do conditioning. Oh, and I hurt my collarbone originally by moving a stove up a 2 story spiral staircase backwards, by myself. Stupid, I know, even stupider that I kept going after I hurt myself. Then I reinjured it recently by doing dips.