Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 1:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    Four unarmed boxing glove wearing MMA(et al) guys has to be safer than 8 drugged up street punks who may be carrying weapons, as the claim implies. The attacker's being martial artists would hardly be a good excuse for failure, as the video would show the nature of the attack and people could judge for themselves.
    You're wasting your time.
    Never gonna happen.
    Systems like this preach that crap and other **** to get the guillable.
    Then they try to "prove it" with their own students tjhat aren't even TRYING to stomp a mudhole in the defender.

This is the ONLY way to deal with multiple attackers:
    :new_2guns

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 3:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In all fairness, I would like to point out this post which was made in response to similar inquiries I made about SHou Shuers' opinions on multiple sparring:
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastApprentice
    I will state that the opinions of multiple opponents is based on the individual student or black belt. At no time does a Shun Shifu or Shihan or Da' Shifu tell us that we can go out and beat 10 opponents at once.
    and the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by Acira
    I'm now at the point where I can visualize being attacked at night by two people, and actually getting out of it alive and intact (assuming, of course, that my attacker wasn't good at takedowns or a trained fighter).
    (which basically rules out MMAers, NHBers, and grapplers)

I'm willing to bet there are two different types of people in this organization. There's one side that indulges in crouching tiger hidden dragon mythologies, from students to sifus, and on the other side are those that are a bit more realistic. So basically crazy nutriders vs level headed ppl. Like someone pointed out, doesn't this exist in most systems?
    Last edited by EternalRage; 9/24/2005 3:19am at .

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 3:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    In all fairness, I would like to point out this post which was made in response to similar inquiries I made about SHou Shuers' opinions on multiple sparring:

and the following:

(which basically rules out MMAers, NHBers, and grapplers)

I'm willing to bet there are two different types of people in this organization. There's one side that indulges in crouching tiger hidden dragon mythologies, from students to sifus, and on the other side are those that are a bit more realistic. So basically crazy nutriders vs level headed ppl. Like someone pointed out, doesn't this exist in most systems?

Yes, these people exsit in every system, all the more reason to expose them.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 4:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eh just seems like a waste - these people are in every system and will always be in every system as long as people have delusions of grandeur.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 4:26pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem here is that these people believe their own bullshit. I'd hate to think what would happen if one of them actually found themselves in such a position.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 4:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    Eh just seems like a waste - these people are in every system and will always be in every system as long as people have delusions of grandeur.
    Beast_master(?)'s comments neglect Da Shifu al Moore (sr)'s claims of defeating 12 (or 15? see newspaper clip in other thread) and Acria also said include ARMED attackers in her estimations.

Are you a closet Shou Shu'er or something? (cue: witch hunt)

Just because they are not the only ones to make these claims doesn't suddenly make it acceptable.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 4:31pm

Style: BJJ Gi and noGi,MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think the shou shu guys want to argue anymore...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 5:58pm

Style: Qigong, taiji, Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    Beast_master(?)'s comments neglect Da Shifu al Moore (sr)'s claims of defeating 12 (or 15? see newspaper clip in other thread) and Acria also said include ARMED attackers in her estimations.

Are you a closet Shou Shu'er or something? (cue: witch hunt)

Just because they are not the only ones to make these claims doesn't suddenly make it acceptable.

Hi again!

Now don't give me **** for coming back and posting after I said I was done. Folks keep throwing my name around, so I wanted to respond.

First: in regard to my armed attackers, actually, I was just referring to one... see, in 2001 a woman jogging near my home got attacked by some lunatic loser with a knife. She panicked and froze and he cut her up and raped and killed her. That's a visual that motivates me to train hard, in hopes that I'll make it out alive if it ever happens to me.

But REGARDLESS, as was mentioned elsewhere, every art has folks who make claims. Why do you target Shou Shu? I answered your questions, and you ignored my answers. This continues to read like an attack on my chosen art that could be leveled at any art.

How about the guys who train down the street from me who tell their students that waving a hand in front of your face will keep a guy from being able to hit you? How about the guys who actually teach their students how to deal with an attacker wielding a gun?? (The only thing anyone in Shou Shu has EVER told me regarding a firearm is to hand over your wallet quickly and hope they don't shoot.)

You're not going to attract Shou Shu students over here to argue with you. And I can tell you why - these threads continue to insult the art we enjoy training in. And many of your points could be used against most MA studios.

So no hard feelings, but this feels about as productive as nailing jello to a tree.

Good luck with your cagefighting.
    Last edited by Acira; 9/23/2005 6:09pm at .

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 6:28pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

But REGARDLESS, as was mentioned elsewhere, every art has folks who make claims. Why do you target Shou Shu? I answered your questions, and you ignored my answers. This continues to read like an attack on my chosen art that could be leveled at any art.
    We target everyone that spews bullshit claims like being able to take on 6+ attackers successfully. You're just the one in the crosshairs at the moment.

How about the guys who train down the street from me who tell their students that waving a hand in front of your face will keep a guy from being able to hit you? How about the guys who actually teach their students how to deal with an attacker wielding a gun?? (The only thing anyone in Shou Shu has EVER told me regarding a firearm is to hand over your wallet quickly and hope they don't shoot.)
    What the hell does this have to do with your BS?

You're not going to attract Shou Shu students over here to argue with you. And I can tell you why - these threads continue to insult the art we enjoy training in. And many of your points could be used against most MA studios.
    Stop making ridiculous claims about your fighting abilities that you have no intention of demonstrating, and you won't be insulted for making them.

Do you just not get that you can't run around claiming to be able to beat up 6 people at a time without being asked to prove it, or are you so brainwashed that you're incapable of seeing that you're living in a fantasy world?

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 6:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi again!

Now don't give me **** for coming back and posting after I said I was done. Folks keep throwing my name around, so I wanted to respond.

First: in regard to my armed attackers, actually, I was just referring to one... see, in 2001 a woman jogging near my home got attacked by some lunatic loser with a knife. She panicked and froze and he cut her up and raped and killed her. That's a visual that motivates me to train hard, in hopes that I'll make it out alive if it ever happens to me.

So no hard feelings, but this feels about as productive as nailing jello to a tree.

Good luck with your cagefighting.
    The people posting negative things about the ludicrous multiple-attacker-defence claims are just trying to do a public service by educating newcomers to martial arts about the blatanty unrealistic nature of such claims. If you're secure in the knowledge that anybody who claims to be able to take on 10 attackers is talking crap, more power to you.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast