Our Sponsors:

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 12:05am

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sheng chi and moores 'karate' each teach shou shu, so how is one northern and the other southern? i took shou shu for two years. actually had to use them eye spears once, worked alot better than repeated punches to the grill. i did alot of sparring there too, though some of the schools may not spar till you get higher up in rank. actually i found shou shu to be- wait did you just call me a retart?

Posted On:
    2/09/2011 2:38am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shou Shu, BJJ, kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank White View Post
    sheng chi and moores 'karate' each teach shou shu, so how is one northern and the other southern? i took shou shu for two years. actually had to use them eye spears once, worked alot better than repeated punches to the grill. i did alot of sparring there too, though some of the schools may not spar till you get higher up in rank. actually i found shou shu to be- wait did you just call me a retart?
    This thread shall never die.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 12:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Warrior View Post
    Some arts, notably Shou Shu Kung Fu (AKA Moore’s Karate etc) claim to be “good” against multiple attackers. I’m a natural skeptic myself.

Shifu Tiger:

Name:

Mantis1997

B_Bottimore

I’m encouraging Shou Shu’ers to demonstrate this ability in some sort of objective pressure test, perhaps at a throwdown.

How can you objectively test these claims, safely and unbiased? Suggestions please.
    sounds like they've been watching too many bruce lee movies (not hating on bruce lee or anything) but someone would have to be seriously deluded to think they could even take two opponents on. unless they're fighting a class of angry kindergarteners or something (although they tend to be ferocious)

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    3/06/2011 12:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by risingphoenix73 View Post
    sounds like they've been watching too many bruce lee movies (not hating on bruce lee or anything) but someone would have to be seriously deluded to think they could even take two opponents on. unless they're fighting a class of angry kindergarteners or something (although they tend to be ferocious)
    Really, one person has never fought off multiple attackers successfully? Just because you associate it with kung fu movies doesn't mean a) people can't train it and b) it can't work.

Go watch some videos of people doing exactly this in real life situations. There are plenty to be found, and they are not from Hong Kong cinema or Hollywood.

Start with the one posted from NY's Time Square just this last week where a man defended himself and his girlfriend from three lunatics.

No, I won't show you where they are.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112