Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 6:23pm

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    double-posted
    Last edited by lifetime; 9/22/2005 6:52pm at .
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Safe For Work

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 6:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had to do a quick search for these images (I found the page sometime last Summer). I don't know who drew them, but I thought they were awesome. I don't know if they go exactly with Ronin's description, so I'll have to go back and read them. They're all on this page about half way down (in the Roundhouse kick section):
    http://www.kyokushinmail.com/koya/KickInstruction.htm

They're labeled as kick1 = Kyokushin (full contact), kick2 = Shotokan (traditional), kick3 = Tae Kwon Do, kick4 = Muay Thai.
    Attached Images        
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 6:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lifetime has taken the correct and ground it down in a Vitamix and added it to the special cool aid. Yum.

Well said.
    I am the biggest fucking wanker on the internet - Proven fact.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 6:33pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good one jag, but why are all of them guardless?

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 6:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar Wong
    I had to do a quick search for these images (I found the page sometime last Summer). I don't know who drew them, but I thought they were awesome. I don't know if they go exactly with Ronin's description, so I'll have to go back and read them. They're all on this page about half way down (in the Roundhouse kick section):
    http://www.kyokushinmail.com/koya/KickInstruction.htm

They're labeled as kick1 = Kyokushin (full contact), kick2 = Shotokan (traditional), kick3 = Tae Kwon Do, kick4 = Muay Thai.

cool picture, but it looks like it's depicting the thai fighter chambering his leg before kicking which we are very much taught not to do (in my class at least)
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Safe For Work

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 6:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuDoesWork
    Good one jag, but why are all of them guardless?
    Don't know...probably drawn from people demonstrating the kicks for the artist? I was curious about that myself, but the kick mechanics demonstrated are cool, though. After reading the page and looking at those pics, I've noticed my kicks look more like the Kyokushin ones nowadays (although they started off more like the Shotokan ones during my awful point sparring days).

My "guard" tends to float outside, though. Not wide, just further from my face during the kick. Sort of like keeping my hands in place, or moving them forward a tad, while my body leans back a bit for the kick, except I have to compensate for the whole twisting thing as well.

*edit*
    kid,
    Here's the text from the site about the Muay Thai version:
    "With the full twist of your hip, hit the shin against the opponent's leg and body, instep against the head. They are noted especially for their use of shin.

The hip motion is the key to its power. Sometimes they kick while keeping their leg almost straight, executing solely by the hip motion."

The others describe the chambering of the kick, but I think the "chambered" leg is just to show the kick in motion so you get an idea of what it looks like between point A and point B. Two frames would probably have been confusing.
    Last edited by Jaguar Wong; 9/21/2005 6:44pm at .
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 6:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best kyokushin round house was shown on the drunken v karate video( a total BS moment, but thats another thread.)

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 6:48pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The following is the typical three steps on executing the roundhouse kick in different styles of Martial Arts, with the emphasis and the merit of each. It is only a generalization, to show that there are different ways of executing a kick for different purposes, and it is not to mean that the specified styles only execute the ways as are written."

At least they aren't biased.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 7:17pm

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good diagram. I have to admit that my kick is mostly the WTF TKD type when sparring, but when kicking a heavy bag I gravitate more toward Kyokushin type kicks. I've tried MT round kicks and they can be powerful, but too overcommitting for me.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 7:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kengou
    Good diagram. I have to admit that my kick is mostly the WTF TKD type when sparring, but when kicking a heavy bag I gravitate more toward Kyokushin type kicks. I've tried MT round kicks and they can be powerful, but too overcommitting for me.

it takes a lot of getting used to committing your kicks, it's a bit counterintuitive I think. The biggest problem is when people try to do a thai kick and don't commit all the way and cut off the power of the kick and, if missed, don't spin all the way around and leave their backs exposed. I do that myself some times.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast