Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 7:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After seeing Annabananna kick in her sparring video I've come to the conclusion that the only difference between her high round kick and and the KYokushin/TKD version is that she just keeps it there. ERGO she's full of ****.
    I am the biggest fucking wanker on the internet - Proven fact.

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 1:48am

Style: luk chua bik da

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    I am sure that, CMA that do teach the round/roundhouse kick, have adopted one of those types in some form or another.
    The style I do is a case of a traditional style that has adopted a roundhouse from other sources(although some of the people who practice it are not appparently aware that these are recent additions). Originally, it was taught similar to a tkd roundhouse, but not taught particularly well. However, this was a mistake(or more, a weakness in the kicking approach of the person who inplemented it), because everything in the close in work, which is the core of the style, is more in keeping with a muay thai approach. My teacher kept the tkd approach, mostly because he has short legs and personally enjoys beating the crap out of people with his fists anyway, but I use the muay thai approach, and, to my knowledge, am the only one of the people who uses the style who actually roundhouse kicks in fighting anyway.

Wait, I forgot, my old teacher has a bunch of old animal boxing forms, the leopard boxing has a round kick that is definitely not an addition. It's old shaolin stuff. The application, if memory serves me correctly, is to step to the side with the lead leg to draw in the opponent and round kick as they move in. I never did the animal boxing stuff to any great extent, but it was definitely not a muay thai style kick, though I don't recall there being any chambering.

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 7:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheManchu
    The style I do is a case of a traditional style that has adopted a roundhouse from other sources(although some of the people who practice it are not appparently aware that these are recent additions). Originally, it was taught similar to a tkd roundhouse, but not taught particularly well. However, this was a mistake(or more, a weakness in the kicking approach of the person who inplemented it), because everything in the close in work, which is the core of the style, is more in keeping with a muay thai approach. My teacher kept the tkd approach, mostly because he has short legs and personally enjoys beating the crap out of people with his fists anyway, but I use the muay thai approach, and, to my knowledge, am the only one of the people who uses the style who actually roundhouse kicks in fighting anyway.

Wait, I forgot, my old teacher has a bunch of old animal boxing forms, the leopard boxing has a round kick that is definitely not an addition. It's old shaolin stuff. The application, if memory serves me correctly, is to step to the side with the lead leg to draw in the opponent and round kick as they move in. I never did the animal boxing stuff to any great extent, but it was definitely not a muay thai style kick, though I don't recall there being any chambering.

Maybe it was a "triangle kick", sort of an circular front kick ?

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 10:54am

Style: luk chua bik da

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That sounds about right.

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 11:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remeber seeing a "triangle" kick in the five animlas form, dragon I think...it was a kick done as a counter to a punch or grab, the back leg stikes up and into the groin/lower abdomen in a "roundish" fashion.

Not a roundhouse kick per se ( no turnong over of the hip and/or knee), but still, could be called one.

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 11:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you throw a kyokushin low kick...is it like the muay thai kick?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 6:47am

Style: Yoshukai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nono
    How do you throw a kyokushin low kick...is it like the muay thai kick?
    I'm not a KK guy, but the ones that I have been hit with had a lot more chamber that what I usually see in the MT kicks. Both versions hurt like hell.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 7:31am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KK low round is the same as the "Bent leg" round kick I learned from my first USMTA Muay Thai coach.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314