Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 8:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    Dana White needs to stop pretending to be a badass MMA dude. Either stop bitching about the fights with the fighters you picked, or get in your own ring and show everyone how it should be.
    Right on!! I hate it when anybody acts like that, but especially Dana.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 8:12pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I reminded myself about 10 times throughout the day that the show was on at 10:00 and I need to watch it since I missed the episode before last.

I missed it....what does that say about how well the show has been holding my attention?
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 8:23pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    Dana White needs to stop pretending to be a badass MMA dude. Either stop bitching about the fights with the fighters you picked, or get in your own ring and show everyone how it should be.
    Dana White will boxercise you. I'd watch out, he's from the mean streets of upper middle class neighborhoods of Mass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 9:05pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't know why everybody is so down on season 2. this seems to happen with anything that has sequels.

i think the show is damn entertaining. randy couture's challenges are better than last seasons, and some of the guys in the house are pretty entertaining.

the fights are also not as bad as some people are saying. the last fight was pretty bad, but i thought all of the fights before it were pretty good.

maybe im a sucker for mma, but i still think it is one of the best shows on tv.

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 9:13pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by _Mick_
    i don't know why everybody is so down on season 2. this seems to happen with anything that has sequels.

i think the show is damn entertaining. randy couture's challenges are better than last seasons, and some of the guys in the house are pretty entertaining.

the fights are also not as bad as some people are saying. the last fight was pretty bad, but i thought all of the fights before it were pretty good.

maybe im a sucker for mma, but i still think it is one of the best shows on tv.
    I will second the challenges. They are pretty cool.

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 9:43pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CHALLEGNEGS ARE GOOD
    DANAS A FAG
    I LIKE RASHAD HES A GENKI SUDO OH YA AND WHATS THIS ABOUT THE FIGHT SUCKING I WAS LOVING EVERY MOMENT OF THE CLINCH WORK I MEAN THEY WERE ACTUALLY PUMMELING INSTEAD OF JUST STANDING AROUND YA YA YA
    DANAS A FAG AND IM ON DRUGS

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 11:55pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually didn't really watch most of season two, but I haven't missed an episode of this season. I find it entertaining. Even if some of the guys on the show piss me off (especially Dana, CUZ YUO KNO, HE A FAG).
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 12:50am

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone else checked out the “training videos” on Spike TV? Very short and crappy but they do make fun of Ninjas…

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 2:40am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha, yes. I think someone made a thread about the ninja bit.

El Guapo says dance!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2005 11:36am

Style: Can't afford one yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dana actually did box as an amateur, he's owned/operated boxing gyms and he's been around fighting long enough to know crap when he sees it. Not to mention that the success of his company depends on the quality of entertainment(yes, I said it) put forth from UFC fights, be they amateur or professional.

I think he comes across as a tough, articulate businessman. How the hell is he supposed to act when dealing daily with guys like Tito, Chuck or Andrei? Meek and submissive? He has to be tough to be a success(as anyone in the business world does), so I don't see why people give him so much flack. You think Phil Baroni, for all his balls and ability, could run the UFC from the president's office?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234