Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 11:30am

Style: TKD & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When Tom would kick Rashad's knees he'd shake them, as well.

I am surprised at how Rashad's showboating, especially considering how laid-back he is at the house when they're not fighting.

All in all, this episode was crap. They're spending way too much time having fun or making weird "alliances" and not enough time fighting each other. I know expectations will be high as this is the successor to a great first season, but all the same it's like watching a bunch of children who don't want to fight each other, and Matt Hughes pissing the opponents off. I'm waiting for the episode where Franklin cracks and goes after Hughes personally, because it's the best example of a fight-in-the-making yet on this show.

Or someone needs to piss on a pillow and get the animosity raging.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 11:36am

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went to sleep early last night, but set my alarm for 10:40 so I could catch the fight.

I should've just stayed in bed.

Rashad really should've pressed his advantages more. I don't know what the **** Dana was talking about with that "the elbow stunned Rashad, Tom should've moved", yes Tom was as passive as a damn tree, but I really don't think that elbow was anything special and judging by Rasha'ds response I don't think he was too frightened either.

We got to watch a pair of slow mov9ing heavy weights with no aggresion.

While I agree the fight sucked, the more Dana White talks the more I want to hit him in the face.

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 11:37am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Franklin would murder Hughes. As it is, he's already cutting hard to be a middleweight.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That show pissed me off. I don't really watch for the reality aspect as I watch for 45 minutes to figure out which fighter pisses me off the most. Then I pray he gets his ass beat. Those to guys were just boring. Boring in the house, boring in the ring.
    I hope Dana chews some ass. I mean, if that was my LAST fight and my DREAM I think I would have been coming at Rashad like a fucking train. I don't understand why fighters don't want to fight. Fucking go in and fight or go play golf.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 11:44am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Franklin would murder Hughes. As it is, he's already cutting hard to be a middleweight.
    And that reminds me. I think it is pretty damn clear Hughes is a better coach. Franklin just has made some stupid ass moves.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 12:03pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt's comment about how he thought the gym would have bigger dumbells was funny.

The fight was also kinda funny.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 12:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdog
    I've never like hot-dogging, but I think Rashad was doing it for a purpose.

I agree the fight was pretty sucky, but Dana was a little hard on Rashad. He didn't show much talent, other than athleticism, but I think he actually fought a smart fight.

He probably felt like he would be outclassed on the mat so wanted to be sure to keep it standing, especially since Tom has a bad knee and doesn't move well. He also seems to be a counter puncher (I use puncher loosely), and Tom showed no intention to engage. I think a lot of the hot-dogging crap was an attempt to draw Tom in and make him engage. Either that or he was just hoping to stand out in order to self promote.

It might also be that Rashad knew Tom well enough to know that the antics would psyche him out, and it appears that maybe they did. Tom must have been way off his game (no way he could have been that passive normally), so maybe what Rashad was doing worked on that level. After Tom threw that elbow to the head and rashad was jerking his head front to back, Tom was just standing there staring at him like he had no idea what to do. Sometimes that stuff works, especially when you're extremely athletic. Ali used it well.

At least they showed a little more training this episode, but I still wish they'd get rid of the hide n' go seek games and show more interesting stuff.
    I think Rashad was playing it smart too. He got in a few decent strikes the first two rounds, enough to win those two, and knew that Tom would be coming out strong on the third so he held back a little more than usual. He does have some of the craziest movement I've ever seen, and his showboating was pretty annoying but like lawdog said, maybe he knew it pissed Tom off when people did that stuff to him so that's why he did it.

Not the worst fight I've seen, but it could've been loads better. The hide and go seek stuff was a bit odd too. :karated:

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 12:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also: I think another factor was how they both supposedly respected each other a lot. This might've caused both of them to hold back, which is probably why Tom didn't throw as many elbows as he was supposed to and Rashad didn't use leg kicks on Tom's bad leg. When you're all touchy-feely about the guy you're going to be fighting, you're going to go easier on him unless you're focused and ready to plant one right in his ass. The fact that they were buddies probably had a big role in the outcome.

WTF???

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 12:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    Also: I think another factor was how they both supposedly respected each other a lot. This might've caused both of them to hold back, which is probably why Tom didn't throw as many elbows as he was supposed to and Rashad didn't use leg kicks on Tom's bad leg. When you're all touchy-feely about the guy you're going to be fighting, you're going to go easier on him unless you're focused and ready to plant one right in his ass. The fact that they were buddies probably had a big role in the outcome.
    I'm never going to complain about ****-talkers like Baroni and Trigg again.
    Mauro: Coming into the ring now is Giant Silva. 7 foot 2, 385 lbs, making his debut in Pride.
    Bas: Wow, that is one big guy!
    Mauro: He must have an enormous Johnson!
    Bas: Ur…I suppose.
    Mauro: What are his keys to victory here in the Pride ring tonight?
    Bas: Well I think he needs to use his reach, avoid Heaths takedowns, and try to use his size to overpower him.
    Mauro: I mean, imagine the size of that thing!
    Bas: Now Heath is coming into the ring…
    Mauro: Do women really like them that big? Doesn’t it hurt?
    Bas: I really wouldn’t know.
    Mauro: I’m starting to feel a little insecure.
    Bas: Let’s just talk about the fight.
    Mauro: You’re right, el Basito. What are Heaths keys to winning here tonight. What does he have to do? What are his strategies for emerging victorious here in the Saitama Super Arena tonight?
    Bas: Well, the first thing…
    Mauro: My wife says she doesn’t like them too big, that it’s all about how you use it.
    Bas: That’s not what she told me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2005 1:48pm

Style: SubG, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    None of them swung when they broke the clinch... it was pretty poor. Also Rashad broke away from the clinches in a better position most of the time.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast