Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 3:24pm

Style: Can't afford one yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, if someone wears a t-shirt for their favorite NFL team, does that make them a poser since they're not on that team?

Also, if everyone thought this way, KTFO and TapouT wouldn't be able to sponsor anyone anymore, since no one but fighters would be "allowed" to buy their stuff.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 5:24pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate all those name brand gay shits. I use a underarmour rash guard and adidas soccer shorts for kickboxing and no gi. My gi is a simple Machado Gold Weave with no gay ass patches.

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 5:32pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by locu5
    Who cares what peope think, whether they think "oh cool" or "what a poser!"? Wear what is going to work best and last longest for you if you are going to do this long term. For instance, I bought a Koral gi and some Sprawl shorts when I started BJJ because I felt if I bought cheap **** I would just have to replace it later. Plus I look cool in my "Hey did you know I do MMA??? I am t3h tough" shirt.

EDIT: Clothes do not make the poser. Posing makes the poser.
    DAMNED RIGHTS!
    BTW, I gotta pair of SPRAWL shorts, especially since one of my role models (hint hint, hes on the site) wears em.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 5:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, if anyone is interested, I have a review up of the Sprawl Flexfighter XT shorts.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 6:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Anyone wearing gameness needs to be shot on sight.

the owner of my gym is the owner of gameness... so... shut up you!
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 7:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tapout is the worst. I hate those fags who runs that ****. I wonder if anyone of them have any skills?

Safe For Work

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 7:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FingazofDeath
    Tapout is the worst. I hate those fags who runs that ****. I wonder if anyone of them have any skills?
    I think they (the two or three guys that started it) did BJJ for a while. I don't know what they're up to now, but they're definitely characters. I'm not a fan of their designs/logo/clothing style, but their guerilla marketing campaign and willingness to travel to get their name out is why Tapout has saturated the market. They were one of the first on the scene, and the only ones willing to do the legwork to get the name out. There was an article I read about 4-5 years ago that said they were offered 2 million to sell the company/name/brand, and they turned the offer down.

I'm a Tapout Hater, but that's because the stuff I was doing was not as well known. :)

As for brand name gear, I think I've made my decision to stick with the affordable stuff until a time arises that I fall victim to an impulse buy, which will most likely be the Sprawl shorts (not the ones with the slit). I'll be able to control my purchasing habits on the gi, though. I'll just get an Atama one, or something equally relaible and affordable.
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 7:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also consider Vulkans.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 7:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I would concentrate on the gi as first priority. You definitely need a quality gi. But shorts? Man you could get them shits at Champ's.

Unless your being sponsored by these companies, I dont see why people need to front on it, unless they are only doing it for the attention of "yeah Im a (fake) MMA badass!"

But on the otherhand I do think its good to support the sport and support the people who do it.

Safe For Work

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 10:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Locu5,
    Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely have to think about that since Vegas isn't the coldest place around, and good lightweight workout attire is a plus. But I was reading up on the Vulkan gi, and it mentions a "rubber lapel". What the heck does that mean? Is there rubber inside, or is the actual lapel made of rubber? Or do they mean neoprene?

5Fingaz,
    Word, we need to show some love to the sport, but when it comes to training, I just want to be comfortable. If I can support the sport (buy working out in Sprawl shorts) as well, then that will be something to consider later on when I'm comfortable with the purchase. You're right, though, I should get the gi first. I'll be going to a gi class tomorrow night, and I'll have a better idea of how my generic Judo gi holds up after that.
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast