222115 Bullies, 3731 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    10/03/2005 4:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    64%, not too bad. I did get some wrong though that I just learned last semester too :P

Posted On:
    10/03/2005 7:26pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    Aren't you like 17? Why the **** are you getting your GED? Keep your ass in school and get the whole diploma, it'll look way better than a Good Enough Degree.
    Didn't we already discuss this? I have 4.5 credits out of 27, and I'm supposed to be a senior. They'll kick me out of high school when I turn 21, and I'm 18 now(my birthday was september 16), plus I no longer care about knowledge that isn't functional, like I don't care about excercises that aren't functional. I live in BFE Illinois man. My high school isn't special. It'll cram worthless mathmatical problems which answers rely on which chapter we're on, 150 ways to identify an haiku, histories of a nation that doesn't matter, and teenage problems about "Melissa went out to the mall and found this hotass guy and gave him a "look", but her boyfriend was there and beat the crap out of him! I hate my parents. I'm like 16 now they can't tell me what to do anymore! If they keep this up I swear to god I won't do a damn thing about it, but you'll get an earfull for the next 6-8 months of your pointless life. I finally got a job at Burger Queen Donald's!

I'm making 5.75 an hour, I think I'm going to save up to get a 1000 dollar sterio and hubcap set to go on my 200 dollar car." I can't stand it anymore. I had to get out. There's no special classes in my high school, I can't learn fucking spanish or german. I don't think welding will come in handy koto, or "shop" class. And I now know that only about 9 percent of jobs actually call up your high school, and check and see if you have a diploma! Nobody in my family has ever been checked. And only one 3rd of my family has diplomas. So you see, there's no reason for me to be in school, unless I want to score some eeeaaasssy women. And I don't. But thanks for the suggestion.
    Last edited by baofuhaibo; 10/09/2005 6:52pm at .

Registered Member

I'm surrounded by farms in middle america.

Posted On:
    10/04/2005 10:47pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Baofuhaibo, don't be a dumbass, finish high school.

I can't imagine hiring anyone for a half-way decent job that only has a GED, I certainly wouldn't ever pay a personal trainer who's a high school dropout. At a minimum, lack of degree shows an inability to follow through and lack of basic knowledge.

Posted On:
    10/04/2005 10:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How in the hell would you know your personal trainer doesn't have a fucking degree? Did you call up his high school and check? He may tell you he has one, that may even be on his application, but does that mean he has one? nope.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2005 12:07am

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baofuhaibo
    So you see, there's no reason for me to be in school, unless I want to score some eeeaaasssy women.
    So i guess i need to be in school more than.

Anyhow as a future educator, there really isn't much i can tell ya except...

10 years down the line you tend to look at the mistakes you've made in the past and wish you hadn't have been so foolish, lazy, immature, etc.

But than again it may work out for you. I hope so. (FYI, Many big companies and Fortune 500 companies all do background checks, of course this may be irrelevant to you anyhow)

Posted On:
    10/07/2005 7:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn straight. Whatever you said. I'm still not done reading The Book of Muscle partly because I'm illiterate and partly because I can't read. So I decided to watch some movies instead. My grampa took me to about 1100 thrift stores and let me pick out anything I wanted, and some of the stuff was cool. So here's my review of "some of the stuff that I got from thrift stores":

Power 90 workout DVD: I didn't get the whole program, but I got the 2 dvd workout set, which includes Sweat 1 and 2: This cardio workout warms you up with light stretching, then moves on to jumping jacks and running in place and such, moves on to an interesting plyometrics variation for nueromuscular control, and then kickboxing and boxing and such, then more stretching and I think they did power yoga to warm up too. point is, If you can't do jump rope, this is the next best thing.

The hierachy is: Jump rope, bagwork and plyometrics, and HIIT as number 1. The DVD also featured Sculpt(1 and 2) which utilized Tony Horton's "sectional progression" which is basically supersetting opposing muscle groups. He does do 3 different excercises(combining to make 3 sets) per body part, and addresses weak links such as forearms and calves in 2, and has you max out in pushups and BW squats in 2 as a final, fourth burnout set. The DVDs also include something called the Ab Ripper 100 and 200 respectively.

They are workouts that hit the 3 parts of your abs, if you consider lower abs a part and rule out the transverse abdominus. It's 10 excercises, 10 reps each and 10 excercises, 20 reps each, respectively. I'd rather do hanging oblique leg raises anyday. Overall this DVD could've been worse. after every workout, they advertise www.beachbody.com and 3 of their best selling supplement line(which include ingredients that can be duplicated by drinking a glass of green tea, taking a multivitamin, eating flaxseed and taking creatine once a day each, but the supplements are about 1000 times more expensive), overall the DVD is about as good as picking up a basic workout book(not magazine) and gaining rudimentory knowledge of supersetting and such variations, and working out at home without a treadmill. I give it 5 Mindless Self Indulgence concerts out of 12. Done deal.

Edit: Actually I don't think that score was fair. I'm changing that to 7.5 out of 12. It's not all bad, I almost kept it. Please note the fact that I've hardly excercised since I've been in florida, and I haven't done a single program featured in these books and tapes, but I've read about them and watched them(on the tapes), and I'm judging them all based on how usefull would it be for a guy who is a Bullshido member to watch the tape or read the book and do the program if he's needs strength to be used in streetfighting, to actually defend himself.
    Last edited by baofuhaibo; 10/09/2005 6:52pm at .

Posted On:
    10/08/2005 9:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just finished reading The Men's Health Book of Muscle, and I'd have to say, it's a keeper for me. Here's my review: The Men's Health Book of Muscle has an intermediate diet attached, an intermediate overview of the way your body works, and intermediate weight lifting excercises.

No BW excercises here. From A-Z they have all the lifts and all the variations, without getting too crazy, like no reverse woodchops and alternating dumbell bench presses with your feet on the bench. This is the most excellent powerlifting manual I've ever read. I dedicate my reading of this book to AkiraMusashi and Koto-Ryu, if these 2 men don't pick up this book and read it, I'll lose at least some of the respect I have for them(in AM's case, next to none), because this book is for them.

If your stuck on a 5X5 concept(here's looking at you BatRonin), 3X3, 3X10, whatever. If you think your way's the best way, this book will definately open your eyes. They have supersetting, tri-sets, circuits, wave loading, pyramid loading, back off sets, warm up sets, explosive lifts, straight sets, etc. They have every possible variation of the sets vs. reps format imaginable, and they incorperate it all in their 18 month program, from beginning to advanced. When you get done with the program, and you've followed it right, you WILL be a powerlifter, and I can fucking guarantee it.

As long as you have a gym membership and the book, nothing's stopping you. If it's a trend I see among powerlifters, it's the fact that they don't switch up their excercises, they do variations. This book is all about variations. You'll do everything you can imagine of the basic 3, and everything else you can imagine with everything else.

The problem is that I rate these books based on functional information and concepts, thinking about how it will make you a better fighter, not a better martial artist, or in that case, a better power lifter. Even though Bullshido has a lot of power lifter's here, that still wasn't enough to raise the score. Overall, this book gets 6 powerlifting competitions out of 8. Even if your not a powerlifter, you should still pick up this book to learn about a world beyond 3 sets of 10 reps. If you are a powerlifter, your stupid if you don't pick up this damn book. And I'm not afraid to say so.
    Last edited by baofuhaibo; 10/09/2005 6:51pm at .

Posted On:
    10/09/2005 6:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also got the Slim in 6 program, but only Burn It Up!(the last tape out of 3, for weeks 4,5, and 6), Slim and Limber(a bonus stretching tape), and Slim in 6 Pack(I think that's what it's called, it's at the other end of the house and I don't want to hop in the golf cart and go get it. My dad's house is unbelievably large, as in long, not tall or fat, picture 3 houses put together in an L pattern. Houses, not trailers).

Slim in 6 Pack is another compilation of excercises that roast your upper and lower abs and obliques, I think the tape is like 10-12 minutes long, but I couldn't be sure, because I don't want to go get it and check. It's pretty good, but like I said before I'd rather do hanging oblique leg raises anyday.
    Slim and Limber is a good 14 minute static stretching routine focusing on the lower body. I'd rather pick any routine out of Bob Anderson's book Stretch anyday. It's hella-better.

But Burn it Up though was brilliant in the way it's set up. The aerobic excercise, stretching, and strength training is set up in the correct 3 to one lower to upper body ratio plus it's set up in a way to crank up recovery time and eliminate soreness. I'd reccomend at least just that tape to any man, woman, or child who works out to tapes.

In terms of overall usfullness to a Bullshido member though, these tapes create an altogether score of a little over 6 six week fat loss programs out of 10. It's probably better than what AM is doing, but mainly because he doesn't know what he's doing 98% of the time he's awake.
    Last edited by baofuhaibo; 10/09/2005 6:49pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2005 6:38pm

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bao, you might want to consider making paragraphs. You obviously want people to read your posts and making paragraphs makes it easier to read.

Me personally, when i see huge long paragraphs i just don't read em'. Just a thought.

Posted On:
    10/09/2005 6:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How many times do I have to tell you I can't read? It's hard enough to post on Bullshido at all, let alone do some fancy word tricks. Here, I'll edit my posts and put spaces every now and then.

edit: Ok that does look better. I'll do that from now on. Thanks man.
    Last edited by baofuhaibo; 10/09/2005 6:55pm at .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234