Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    9/18/2005 1:01am

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Supersize She

So I caught this show on discovery channel about a female bodybuilder named JoAnna and her attempt to qualify for the Olympia. It reminds me of the first time I saw Kim Chivesky working out at Gold's Gym in Springfield Missouri. My first thought was "why the hell is that guy wearing makeup and why is he coming out of the women's locker room?" When I realized who it was, I was amazed that a woman had the body I would like to have. Yes I would like to have fake boobs. Leave me alone. BTW, she ended up being very nice and courteous in the gym. And she had a high pitched little voice, which was kinda funny considering her physique. JoAnna, the bodybuilder on the show, does not.

Anyway, so this show was kinda crazy. They brought up the drug question which was side-stepped, except by her parents. It has got to be rough when you can't deny the fact that your kid is on drugs. With other sports, it would be easy to justify your kids performance by commenting on their training and nutrition, but with bodybuilding, there really is nowhere to go.

:brave:

But for some reason, this show was somewhat motivating because it does beg the question "what if?". What if I was to be stricter with the the diet and training? Where could I go? Of course the bigger question is "what would be the benefit?". I always ask that of my friends that are about to do a cycle of steriods since none of them compete. But maybe the important thing is to do your best at something...who knows?

Back to teh show. Her rear double biceps pose and rear lat spread is amazing. Plus, it is crazy how a person can train that hard on those diets. In fact, it is amazing how they can merely survive on those diets. Regardless of the drugs they might take, it is just crazy they can stick to their diets. I did think she looked a little outclassed by the top Olympia competitors, but the show didn't actually give enough footage to make a proper assessment.

But overall, the show was interesting.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    9/18/2005 1:08am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was actually just watching that.

It . . . I don't know. It's a bizzare world, and they sugar-coated it a bit. It was humbling, too, to see someone who was basically my total motavational opposite, and interesting to see how much she actually llifted...less then me on many lifts, which I guess is as it should be, but you think "Body builder = HOOJ NUMBAZ"

I don't know, it was weird. You could tell her parents kind of wanted her to quit, and she didn't seem very happy.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    9/18/2005 1:32am

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think she was lifting lightly because of her diet. Back in the day, I noticed that I lifted more than Kim Chivesky, but she too was dieting for the Olympia. I've always wanted to see what a pro female bodybuilder lifts in the off season, but i haven't yet.

But yeah, it was kinda of a weird show. But less then the Little Hercules thing on earlier.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    9/18/2005 5:09am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These people are freaks. Their training is all about form rather than function, yet the form they aim for is grotesque. I consider modern body building to be a kink rather than a sport.

Posted On:
    9/18/2005 5:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You need it because you're weak.

NSFW

http://www.art-foto.com/

Go on. You know it's going to make you feel dirty, but you can't stop yourself.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    9/18/2005 5:58am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dang dog that is hawt.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    9/18/2005 6:08am

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh my god....

Posted On:
    9/18/2005 9:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They'd eat you alive KM, they'd eat you alive..

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2005 9:15am

supporting member
     Style: Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most. Horrifying. Thing. Ever.
    I'm not drowning my sorrows, I'm preserving them in alcohol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2005 9:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The little hercules show before that was interesting also. The kid benched 210 at age 9, with a bodyweight of less than 70 pounds. There was some controversy that his Dad might have secretly been giving him roids by slipping them into a "mystery protein drink" that he had the kid drink. The kid is good at XMA too.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast