Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 10:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well said.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 10:12am

Style: Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kickcatcher, stop being a whiney lil bitch!

multiple attackers........ lets ponder that a moment...........
    Why is it that we speak of multiple attackers like they are trained assassins and there is no chance against 2 or more???
    have you ever seen someone jumped by multiple of people.. i say multiple as in 2 or 3 and maybe as much as 5.
    I've seen many from 17yrs old to like 32yrs old of my life.
    I've been in a couple myself prior to even taking martial arts.
    Not one have ever been the same!
    on 1 hand you have untrained fighters.. either drug addicts, theives or weirdos or someone with a chip on their shoulder and a loose cannon.
    these guys are not a threat in any manner to someone used to conflict or a trained fighter.
    I've gotten into fights with 3 guys. Punched 1st guy 2times in the face and kicked the 2nd guy with just a big oakey stomp style kick.. 3rd guy stepped back and said things were cool.. end of fight!
    2 guys against me: road rage incident- guys next to me spit on my car after exchanging stares at each other.. so I spit directly on his face.. ha,ha,ha (boy that **** was funny)
    the guy started to jump out his car but hesitated.. I jumped out and got him before he could fully get out, knocked his ass out with 1 straight right punch to the face.. his partner had to get out his seat come around the car.. it was still one on one because his buddy was knocked out.. the guy ran up and was in a boxing stance.... he started throwing some good punches in on me and caught me once.. he was strong up top so i went low.. faked bringing in punches, and swept his front leg, he fell and I commenced kicking the **** out of him about 5 good times till he begged me to stop!

Point of the story is this.. I wasn't trained in anything but some good ol school street fighting growing up..
    I can tell you a **** load of stories i've seen, just recently I watched 3 guys fight off about 18 punks... they got hit a few times but I couldn't believe how they ended up holding themselves up to these guys which after bout 5min of fighting.. the gang of punks just kinda gave up and they barked a few threats as they started to dispurse.. the 3 guys grabbed bricks, 1 guy was even fighting with a frozen water bottle.. it was hilarious but none the less it was a huge fight with a large disadvantage, I was shaking with adrenaline wanting to get in and help out the 3 but refrained and just observed .... I was for sure the 3 would be stomped just based on common sense.. but their will to stand and fight them off paid off... imagine if they were 3 trained fighters.... ???? they would've eaten this gang of dudes like nothing!!!!

multiple opponents attacking all at one time is highly possibly but a skilled fighter will notice the body language of the crowd and get out of that circle... at least he better or anyone of any art are subject to getting their asses kicked.
    I got jumped 1x in 95 and got the **** beat out of me by 9-10 guys.. I knocked 2 guys out and 1 guy down but couldn't handle them because they surrounded me and I froze in the middle and tried to fight them off, before I knew it, i was knocked down and proceeded to get kicked from all angles, I couldn't breathe right for 2weeks from getting kicked so many times in the chest... different circumstances was I was drunk, I'll never be out in public drunk again but even if I wasn't drunk.. same situation would've still occured because I wouldn't have known any better but to stand in place and fight... being trained in different scenarios allows you to step out the box, muscle memory is fantastic....

back on track-
    what type of multiple opponents are we talking about.. I'm talking about street fighting... being attacked by someone trying to victimize you..
    now if 3 to 5 highly trained MMA guys or martial artist guys or boxers jumped me.. while I better get the **** out of there..
    do i think i would stand no chance??.. hell no... would it be smart to sit there and take on 5 highly trained fighters.. probably not.. but just depends on the day.. every good fighter has a bad day.. But I don't doubt myself.. one of the key things to being a good fighter and a life saver is attitude.. positive attitude.. not macho attitude.. the 2 are very different. Once 1 man or 5 men take your cofidence.. the fight is done, your going to be mauled and beat!

The stories I've given you are just my stories..
    I gaurantee you if I was jumped again, I wouldn't stand in the middle and I would make sure that If i only get 1 punch on you before I have to look out for the next 2.. i'm going to knock your ass out or break something and take you out of the fight quick as possible..

Now if you guys can't relate to what I just wrote.. I'm done playing with you.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 10:24am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are talking about the Shou Shu claims that it is 'good' against multiple opponents. Please describe the Shou Shu multiple opponent drills -do the attackers attack all at once heavy contact?

just die already.

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 10:31am

Style: BJJ / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Therein lies the greatest myth of the Shou Shu'er. Sure, there are some people that will go down with ONE punch, but not everyone. If it's not a perfectly clean blow, or perhaps the guy has a solid ass chin, what happens then? That was one of the things that really sounded alarms for me when learning Shou Shu. If my opponent didn't react in the way I was trained, what then? Especially for your lower belts, who are taught very strict techniques for a given circumstance. If said opponent does not commit to a wild haymaker from the left, leading with his left leg at a 32 degree angle and an ambient temperature of 45'F and a mild South / South-West breeze, the whole technique is shot. This stands for both single and multiple attackers. What if that arm break doesn't work, and the guy still has a free hand to punch with? What if you miss the eye-rake and he can still see? What if he isn't an idiot standing in front of you like a zombie with his arms extended while pushing you?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 10:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    so Chi-na equates to "grappling"? I suppose but it's not what most people would call grappling.
    grapple = To seize firmly, as with the hands http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=grapple

you cant joint lock someone up without seizing them, and thats what Shou Shu's Mantis is an expert at.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 10:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by trfcrugby
    Well I can assure you that there was NO sparring when I went. Hell, I came in one day and one of the instructors was standing in the middle of the room doing forms with a blindfold on. Very Hollywood if you ask me.

SO YOU DON'T BELIEVE BALANCE IS A GOOD THING TO HAVE AND A GREAT "DRILL" IS TO PRACTICE BLINDFOLDED???

As for me being a shitty student, I can't make you believe one way or another. Rather than actually defend the art with valid information, you resort to name calling and insults. It's easier to just dismiss me as a crappy student and insult my intelligence. Perhaps you missed the part about me moving away...that's what made me quit. Otherwise, I probably would have stayed. They seriously try to make you believe that Shou Shu is the deadliest art form out there. I attended two camps while I was there, and spent more time in class than most people because of my work schedule at the time. I was a candidate for instructor before I left, with three stripes on my purple belt, ready to test for blue. As for me thinking I was a badass...that is the attitude they instilled in me from the start. Remember, they were telling me stories about how many people they had beat up. The instructors are very confident in their abilities, to the point of conceit. As students, we sucked it up, the attitude, the aura of invicibility....

WHAT KIND OF ATTITUDE DOES YOUR SCHOOL BUILD IN YOU??? I LIKE TO THINK WHAT WAS BUILT INTO ME IS CONFIDENCE.. I WAS A BADASS BEFORE I WALKED INTO ANY STUDIO OR SCHOOL..
    AGAIN, NOT SURE ABOUT CONFIDENT TO THE POINT OF CONCEIT.. I COULD SEE ALOT OF PEOPLE ACTING THAT WAY DURING THAT ERA YOUR REFERRING TOO.. IN THE 80'S EVERYONE WAS KUNG-FU FIGHTING.. REMEMBER.

So, giving away belts faster makes the art better now days? Sparring to one solid punch is equal to full rounds of sparring? No ground fighting at all makes it elite? Fighting from a horse stance is cool?

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.. THE GUY GIVES YOU AN EXAMPLE OF A DRILL AND YOU RUN WITH IT? NO GROUND FIGHTING..... WE ARE TAUGHT THE WHAT IFS ON GOING TO THE GROUND... WE JUST DON'T TEACH TECHNIQUES ON THE GROUND.. BUT LIKE BEAST APPRENTICE MENTIONED.. WITH SLIGHT MODIFICATIONS, WHATS TAUGHT UP TOP CAN BE TAUGHT DOWN LOW...
    BUT IF YOU TAKE ME TO THE GROUND.. I'LL BITE THE HELL OUT OF YOU, I'LL PULL YOUR HAIR DO WHATEVER IS NECESSARY TO GET YOU OFF ME... WHAT?? THAT ISN'T FAIR.. THIS IS A STREET FIGHT LADIES... NOT A JAZZERCISE CLASS...
    THERE IS NO RULES WHEN DEFENDING YOUR LIFE...
    YOU WANT TO FIGHT AND BE SCORED.. GO AHEAD.. I'LL PASS ON THAT.. BUT YOU WANT TO THREATEN ME OR MY FAMILY... I'LL TAKE ALL NECESSARY STEPS TO STOP YOU.. TAKE THAT HOW YOU WANT.. THIS IS WHAT I'M TRAINED FOR.. I WORK A FULL TIME JOB AND HAVE A FAMILY..
    WHAT ARE YOU TAKING YOUR TRAINING FOR???

Insulting my intelligence, while offering no real defense of the art only furthers my claim. Most Shou Shu'ers are conceited and unrealistic about the true dynamics of a fight. In a real street fight, if you guys actually managed to pull off your uber-elite moves, your ass would be in prison. Oh wait, that's because Shou Shu is a battlefield art, kill or be killed.

HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY MAKE THIS CLAIM? MOST SHOU SHUIST ARE CONCEITED AND UNREALISTIC ABOUT TRUE DYNAMICS OF FIGHTING.. YOU MY FRIEND MUST HAVE BUMPED YOUR HEAD TO MAKE THAT TYPE OF CLAIM, THE WAY I TEACH IS ALL ABOUT BEING PRACTICAL ON THE STREET... BECAUSE THATS WHERE ITS GOING TO HAPPEN.. IF I SAY I'M GOING TO BRING IN A STRAIGHT RIGHT.. BEST BELIEVE I'M GOING TO BRING A STRAIGHT RIGHT AND TRY TO PUNCH YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE.. BUT ON THE FLIP SIDE I'M ALSO GOING TO TEACH YOU HOW TO EVADE, BLOCK OR ATTACK... IF I PUNCH YOU HARD IN THE FACE.. YOUR GOING TO MAKE SURE THAT DON'T HAPPEN AGAIN, BETTER TO HAPPEN IN THE STUDIO THAN ON THE STREET WHEN ITS "GO" TIME! I DON'T SUGARCOAT ANYTHING IN MY TEACHING.....
    LIKE I SAID, YOUR COMPARING SOME TEACHINGS BACK IN THE 80'S COMPARED TO THE REALITIES OF TODAY.. SHAME ON YOU!
    Now you see why I am reluctant to pass out personal info on the Internet. Just what I need is 10 guys in black pajamas outside my window waiting to lynch me. I wrote an honest review of my time there, and oddly enough it seems pretty similar to others who went and later stopped attending. Those who stay are sold on the ideals and concepts of the style, and believe it to be the end all of martial arts, with a fanatical loyalty to the system.
    REGARDING THE PAJAMA COMMENT.. YOU SURE DID THINK THEY WERE THE **** DIDNT YOU?
    PRETTY SIMILAR TO OTHERS WHO WENT AND LATER STOPPED.. YOUR COMPARING HOW MANY PEOPLE THAT STOPPED THAT DIDN'T.. LESS THAN 5 AT THE MOST I'VE EVER HEARD SPEAK BAD ABOUT SHOU SHU.. OR WAIT!!! ARE YOU PART OF A SECRET SOCIETY OF FRUSTRATED FIGHTERS THAT ALL HAVE TIES TO NOT MAKING IT IN SHOU SHU... NOW ITS STARTING TO MAKE SENSE.. HA,HA,HA,HA,HA GOTTA LAUGH AT THAT ONE!
    WHAT FIGHTING SCHOOL DO YOU KNOW OF PRETTY MUCH ANYWHERE THAT HAS AS MANY STUDENTS AS MOORES??? NOT MANY.. YOU MIGHT HAVE ALOT OF BRANCHES OF 1 PARTICULAR SCHOOL.. BUT HOW MANY SCHOOLS THAT ACTUALLY HAVE THE HEAD TEACHER STILL TEACHING THROUGHOUT THAT SYSTEM..
    SHOU SHU EVOLVES WITH THE TIMES, OUR TEACHER STILL CONSIDERS HIMSELF A STUDENT AND IS CONSTANTLY LEARNING AND GIVING BACK TO THE SYSTEM.. NOT MANY OTHERS CAN SAY THE SAME.. SO SAY WHAT YOU WANT... I'M VERY HAPPY WITH MY CHOICE, AND IF YOU EVER FEEL THE NEED TO TEST MY SKILLS... JUST LET ME KNOW AND WE'LL SEE HOW MUCH YOU ACTUALLY HAVE ADVANCED SINCE BEING THAT HIGH PURPLE WITH 3 STRIPES...

OH AND BY THE WAY.. WE DON'T FIGHT OUT OF A HORSE STANCE.. THAT WAS SO 80'S... :icon_roll

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 10:51am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by massattack
    grapple = To seize firmly, as with the hands http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=grapple

you cant joint lock someone up without seizing them, and thats what Shou Shu's Mantis is an expert at.
    lol. classic.

just die already.

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 10:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    trfcrugby WROTE:
    Well I can assure you that there was NO sparring when I went. Hell, I came in one day and one of the instructors was standing in the middle of the room doing forms with a blindfold on. Very Hollywood if you ask me.

I WRITE
    SO YOU DON'T BELIEVE BALANCE IS A GOOD THING TO HAVE AND A GREAT "DRILL" IS TO PRACTICE BLINDFOLDED???

TRFC BOY WRITES
    As for me being a shitty student, I can't make you believe one way or another. Rather than actually defend the art with valid information, you resort to name calling and insults. It's easier to just dismiss me as a crappy student and insult my intelligence. Perhaps you missed the part about me moving away...that's what made me quit. Otherwise, I probably would have stayed. They seriously try to make you believe that Shou Shu is the deadliest art form out there. I attended two camps while I was there, and spent more time in class than most people because of my work schedule at the time. I was a candidate for instructor before I left, with three stripes on my purple belt, ready to test for blue. As for me thinking I was a badass...that is the attitude they instilled in me from the start. Remember, they were telling me stories about how many people they had beat up. The instructors are very confident in their abilities, to the point of conceit. As students, we sucked it up, the attitude, the aura of invicibility....

I WRITE:
    WHAT KIND OF ATTITUDE DOES YOUR SCHOOL BUILD IN YOU??? I LIKE TO THINK WHAT WAS BUILT INTO ME IS CONFIDENCE.. I WAS A BADASS BEFORE I WALKED INTO ANY STUDIO OR SCHOOL..
    AGAIN, NOT SURE ABOUT CONFIDENT TO THE POINT OF CONCEIT.. I COULD SEE ALOT OF PEOPLE ACTING THAT WAY DURING THAT ERA YOUR REFERRING TOO.. IN THE 80'S EVERYONE WAS KUNG-FU FIGHTING.. REMEMBER.

TRFK BOY WRITES:
    So, giving away belts faster makes the art better now days? Sparring to one solid punch is equal to full rounds of sparring? No ground fighting at all makes it elite? Fighting from a horse stance is cool?

I WRITE:
    WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.. THE GUY GIVES YOU AN EXAMPLE OF A DRILL AND YOU RUN WITH IT? NO GROUND FIGHTING..... WE ARE TAUGHT THE WHAT IFS ON GOING TO THE GROUND... WE JUST DON'T TEACH TECHNIQUES ON THE GROUND.. BUT LIKE BEAST APPRENTICE MENTIONED.. WITH SLIGHT MODIFICATIONS, WHATS TAUGHT UP TOP CAN BE TAUGHT DOWN LOW...
    BUT IF YOU TAKE ME TO THE GROUND.. I'LL BITE THE HELL OUT OF YOU, I'LL PULL YOUR HAIR DO WHATEVER IS NECESSARY TO GET YOU OFF ME... WHAT?? THAT ISN'T FAIR.. THIS IS A STREET FIGHT LADIES... NOT A JAZZERCISE CLASS...
    THERE IS NO RULES WHEN DEFENDING YOUR LIFE...
    YOU WANT TO FIGHT AND BE SCORED.. GO AHEAD.. I'LL PASS ON THAT.. BUT YOU WANT TO THREATEN ME OR MY FAMILY... I'LL TAKE ALL NECESSARY STEPS TO STOP YOU.. TAKE THAT HOW YOU WANT.. THIS IS WHAT I'M TRAINED FOR.. I WORK A FULL TIME JOB AND HAVE A FAMILY..
    WHAT ARE YOU TAKING YOUR TRAINING FOR???

TRCK BOY WRITES:
    Insulting my intelligence, while offering no real defense of the art only furthers my claim. Most Shou Shu'ers are conceited and unrealistic about the true dynamics of a fight. In a real street fight, if you guys actually managed to pull off your uber-elite moves, your ass would be in prison. Oh wait, that's because Shou Shu is a battlefield art, kill or be killed.

I WRITE:
    HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY MAKE THIS CLAIM? MOST SHOU SHUIST ARE CONCEITED AND UNREALISTIC ABOUT TRUE DYNAMICS OF FIGHTING.. YOU MY FRIEND MUST HAVE BUMPED YOUR HEAD TO MAKE THAT TYPE OF CLAIM, THE WAY I TEACH IS ALL ABOUT BEING PRACTICAL ON THE STREET... BECAUSE THATS WHERE ITS GOING TO HAPPEN.. IF I SAY I'M GOING TO BRING IN A STRAIGHT RIGHT.. BEST BELIEVE I'M GOING TO BRING A STRAIGHT RIGHT AND TRY TO PUNCH YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE.. BUT ON THE FLIP SIDE I'M ALSO GOING TO TEACH YOU HOW TO EVADE, BLOCK OR ATTACK... IF I PUNCH YOU HARD IN THE FACE.. YOUR GOING TO MAKE SURE THAT DON'T HAPPEN AGAIN, BETTER TO HAPPEN IN THE STUDIO THAN ON THE STREET WHEN ITS "GO" TIME! I DON'T SUGARCOAT ANYTHING IN MY TEACHING.....
    LIKE I SAID, YOUR COMPARING SOME TEACHINGS BACK IN THE 80'S COMPARED TO THE REALITIES OF TODAY.. SHAME ON YOU!

TRIX BOY WRITES
    Now you see why I am reluctant to pass out personal info on the Internet. Just what I need is 10 guys in black pajamas outside my window waiting to lynch me. I wrote an honest review of my time there, and oddly enough it seems pretty similar to others who went and later stopped attending. Those who stay are sold on the ideals and concepts of the style, and believe it to be the end all of martial arts, with a fanatical loyalty to the system.

I WRITE:
    PRETTY SIMILAR TO OTHERS WHO WENT AND LATER STOPPED.. YOUR COMPARING HOW MANY PEOPLE THAT STOPPED THAT DIDN'T.. LESS THAN 5 AT THE MOST I'VE EVER HEARD SPEAK BAD ABOUT SHOU SHU.. OR WAIT!!! ARE YOU PART OF A SECRET SOCIETY OF FRUSTRATED FIGHTERS THAT ALL HAVE TIES TO NOT MAKING IT IN SHOU SHU... NOW ITS STARTING TO MAKE SENSE.. HA,HA,HA,HA,HA GOTTA LAUGH AT THAT ONE!
    WHAT FIGHTING SCHOOL DO YOU KNOW OF PRETTY MUCH ANYWHERE THAT HAS AS MANY STUDENTS AS MOORES??? NOT MANY.. YOU MIGHT HAVE ALOT OF BRANCHES OF 1 PARTICULAR SCHOOL.. BUT HOW MANY SCHOOLS THAT ACTUALLY HAVE THE HEAD TEACHER STILL TEACHING THROUGHOUT THAT SYSTEM..
    SHOU SHU EVOLVES WITH THE TIMES, OUR TEACHER STILL CONSIDERS HIMSELF A STUDENT AND IS CONSTANTLY LEARNING AND GIVING BACK TO THE SYSTEM.. NOT MANY OTHERS CAN SAY THE SAME.. SO SAY WHAT YOU WANT... I'M VERY HAPPY WITH MY CHOICE, AND IF YOU EVER FEEL THE NEED TO TEST MY SKILLS... JUST LET ME KNOW AND WE'LL SEE HOW MUCH YOU ACTUALLY HAVE ADVANCED SINCE BEING THAT HIGH PURPLE WITH 3 STRIPES...

OH AND BY THE WAY.. WE DON'T FIGHT OUT OF A HORSE STANCE.. THAT WAS SO 80'S...

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 10:56am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoushu energy

OH AND BY THE WAY.. WE DON'T FIGHT OUT OF A HORSE STANCE.. THAT WAS SO 80'S... :icon_roll
    PLEASE DON'T POST IN ALL CAPS, IT's BLOODY ANNOYING.

Just to pick up on a couple of points.
    1. In what way does doing a form blindfold develop attributes applicable to combat?
    2. These groundfighting techniques you learn standing up, you reckon that without the groundfighting training, a typical student has a hope in hell of applying them on the ground in a 'for real' situation?

You remind me of this:

just die already.

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 10:57am

Style: BJJ / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just for the record, I would not bite someone unless I was actually about to die. The risk of disease...ugh.

And yes, I did think the black gi was cool. In fact, I still would prefer a black gi given the choice. It looks good.

Frustrated fighter society? Hardly. I still have some bad habits when sparring from my time in Shou Shu, and it's been hell trying to unlearn them. I literally had to relearn kicks and blocks once I started to fight Muay Thai / Boxing. The whole kicking with the ball of the foot and chop blocking concept just don't work against a game opponent. If it did, Shou Shu fighters would rule MMA, because they could simply block the first incoming punch, trap and disable the other fighter. Blocking a rapid volley of punches is extremely difficult, which is why you don't see pro boxers blocking punches in the way a kung fu guy would...it doesn't work. And don't even try to tell me that Shou Shu fighters have better hands than pro boxers.
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast