Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 2:55am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BeastApprentice, out of curiousity have you ever fought against a grappler?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 3:57am

Style: Judo/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this amuses me, i have a great desire to visit California now to test this Shou Shu.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 6:26am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastApprentice
    Sparring in Class for me and those that i spar with are we go until one makes solid contact. we then stop reflect on what happend, how we got hit and try to figure out how to stop it from happening again. We use gloves, shin and feet pads and mouth piece.
    You know this kind of sparring builds incredably bad habits. There is no guarentee that your one punch would end a fight, so why train as though it would?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 9:24am

Style: Moores Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll
    You know this kind of sparring builds incredably bad habits. There is no guarentee that your one punch would end a fight, so why train as though it would?

dont train as though it would. if you read I said solid contact, Glancing kicks and punchs we dont stop. solid contact can mean several shots at a time in this case thats what it means. We arent a ground fighting school so we dont take it to the ground, and although we could go back an hr later and say ok this is what you did 45 mins ago and this is what you need to do to correct it., we dont because we want the student to know and fix right on the spot.

But I know its still not going to be Bullshido Standard.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 9:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BeastApprentice, why are you chucking insults at trfcrugby -as I see it you are not justified in doing so. You don't know how good/bad he was. You have suggested that there were lots of instructors kicked out of the style in the mid-late 80s yet when he names his school, you haven't clarified if it's then chief instructor is still present in the system. And you keep saying crap like "he couldn't hack it" without taking into account his original comments about being committed by yearly contracts.

And as for your insults on PoopLoops, well they are also uncalled for. PL makes a very valid point, no doubt he too, like me, recalls the Shou Shu multiple attacker claims on MAP a year or two back where you (or someone using the same username) was also present. That Shou Shu is 'good' against multiple opponents is a consistant claim among Shou Shu practitioners -in fact someone said it in the other Shou Shu thread.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 9:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daimyo
    BeastApprentice, out of curiousity have you ever fought against a grappler?

I have sparred those that have said they were. to know for a fact is up to them telling me the truth.

What does that have to do with Sirc's tone changing about what magically happened in a moore's school(still say its bull)

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 9:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dont train as though it would. if you read I said solid contact, Glancing kicks and punchs we dont stop. solid contact can mean several shots at a time in this case thats what it means. We arent a ground fighting school so we dont take it to the ground, and although we could go back an hr later and say ok this is what you did 45 mins ago and this is what you need to do to correct it., we dont because we want the student to know and fix right on the spot.

But I know its still not going to be Bullshido Standard.
    Unless your solid punches drop the other guy how do you know that they could?

How many times do you have to hit the other guy solidly before you deside to stop? This is starting to sound like rock'em sock'em robots.

It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 9:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll
    Unless your solid punches drop the other guy how do you know that they could?

How many times do you have to hit the other guy solidly before you deside to stop? This is starting to sound like rock'em sock'em robots.
    See like I said how I spar is not to the almighty standard. you are more than welcome to come to a school and see how we train. because a keyboard cant show you how we do it.

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 9:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See like I said how I spar is not to the almighty standard. you are more than welcome to come to a school and see how we train. because a keyboard cant show you how we do it.
    I live in the UK, I'm just curious about how other people train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 10:08am

Style: BJJ / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I can assure you that there was NO sparring when I went. Hell, I came in one day and one of the instructors was standing in the middle of the room doing forms with a blindfold on. Very Hollywood if you ask me.

As for me being a shitty student, I can't make you believe one way or another. Rather than actually defend the art with valid information, you resort to name calling and insults. It's easier to just dismiss me as a crappy student and insult my intelligence. Perhaps you missed the part about me moving away...that's what made me quit. Otherwise, I probably would have stayed. They seriously try to make you believe that Shou Shu is the deadliest art form out there. I attended two camps while I was there, and spent more time in class than most people because of my work schedule at the time. I was a candidate for instructor before I left, with three stripes on my purple belt, ready to test for blue. As for me thinking I was a badass...that is the attitude they instilled in me from the start. Remember, they were telling me stories about how many people they had beat up. The instructors are very confident in their abilities, to the point of conceit. As students, we sucked it up, the attitude, the aura of invicibility....

So, giving away belts faster makes the art better now days? Sparring to one solid punch is equal to full rounds of sparring? No ground fighting at all makes it elite? Fighting from a horse stance is cool?

Insulting my intelligence, while offering no real defense of the art only furthers my claim. Most Shou Shu'ers are conceited and unrealistic about the true dynamics of a fight. In a real street fight, if you guys actually managed to pull off your uber-elite moves, your ass would be in prison. Oh wait, that's because Shou Shu is a battlefield art, kill or be killed.

Now you see why I am reluctant to pass out personal info on the Internet. Just what I need is 10 guys in black pajamas outside my window waiting to lynch me. I wrote an honest review of my time there, and oddly enough it seems pretty similar to others who went and later stopped attending. Those who stay are sold on the ideals and concepts of the style, and believe it to be the end all of martial arts, with a fanatical loyalty to the system.
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast