Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 1:06am

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe I dont have any idea cos Kempo/Kenpo isn't big in Australia but:

How can they justify calling themselves Shou Shu Karate Kempo Kungfu?

What has this system go to do with any of these other styles of fighting? Does it have traditional karate and kungfu forms? If so, what styles are they taken from?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 1:08am

Style: Moores Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    What's funny is that you are a fucking moron. It's just hilarious. Look at me laughing. Hahaha!

I never claimed it was. People say "grappling doesn't work against multiple attackers" as if striking DID. Striking doesn't work either. It's not a kung fu movie where attackers come at you one at a time. They'll swarm you and you'll end up with a caved-in head anyway.

PL

how is that im a moron? tell me in your experienced 19 yrs on this earth.

I see you as a Keyboard warrior. you dont know anything more than what your lifetime subscription to Black Belt Magazine tells you.

Go pull your head out of your ass.

come by the school anytime ill be happy to show you what i can and cant do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 1:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I aint punchy!?
    Maybe I dont have any idea cos Kempo/Kenpo isn't big in Australia but:

How can they justify calling themselves Shou Shu Karate Kempo Kungfu?

What has this system go to do with any of these other styles of fighting? Does it have traditional karate and kungfu forms? If so, what styles are they taken from?

its Moore's Shou Shu, thats it nothing else..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 1:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    What's funny is that you are a fucking moron. It's just hilarious. Look at me laughing. Hahaha!

I never claimed it was. People say "grappling doesn't work against multiple attackers" as if striking DID. Striking doesn't work either. It's not a kung fu movie where attackers come at you one at a time. They'll swarm you and you'll end up with a caved-in head anyway.

PL
    I disagree. With striking its hard to hold off multiple people unless you have very powerful strikes and you have a significant size advantage.

I'll give you an example:

You're alone at home at night watching the TV. You hear a noise in your backyard. You turn on the back porch light, and head out the backdoor only to be confronted by 3 young teenagers (perhaps 14-15) that want to knock your head in. As long as you are physically much larger than the biggest one of them, then you have a good chance of out-striking the lot of them. However in this situation, using wrestling would leave you open to being kicked in the head when you're down.

Otherwise what you've said is right. If you aren't an allpowerful striker and dont have a big size advantage you are going to find it very hard to go toe-to-toe vs multiple attackers if those 'attackers' are serious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 1:16am

Style: BJJ / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow...the hornets nest has erupted.

Ok, first order of business. I trained at the Modesto school in 1988. I recall Krieger being a brown belt there at the time.

Two years to blue was not bad at the time I was there. I actually advanced fairly quickly among my peers. Things may have changed in the last 17 years, and they may be giving out belts faster now to keep people interested (i.e. keep them paying $$$). The belt system was white orange purple blue, two years to advance three belts seems a little quick if you ask me. It could take a year or more to get one belt in BJJ.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 1:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by trfcrugby
    Wow...the hornets nest has erupted.

Ok, first order of business. I trained at the Modesto school in 1988. I recall Krieger being a brown belt there at the time.

Two years to blue was not bad at the time I was there. I actually advanced fairly quickly among my peers. Things may have changed in the last 17 years, and they may be giving out belts faster now to keep people interested (i.e. keep them paying $$$). The belt system was white orange purple blue, two years to advance three belts seems a little quick if you ask me. It could take a year or more to get one belt in BJJ.
    Funny how you try to turn your incompitence around to try and show a system as money hungry. just because you couldnt hack it. and after 17 yrs to boot, you must have had issues with this your whole life.

one yr for a belt in BJJ isnt there only like 4 belts in BJJ?

wouldnt have comeback had it not been for Kick coming to our site.
    Last edited by BeastApprentice; 9/21/2005 1:38am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 2:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastApprentice
    you were there for two yrs and didnt even get your blue belt. you must be as stupid as you sound...
    What has your belt got to do with how good you are?

It might take 3 years to get to blue belt in BJJ (1st belt past white).

But white belts in that system have been known to wipe the floor with high ranking black-belts from other styles.

In a type of 'free-style' karate I did 20 years ago (**** that sounds bad) I remember some young woman being given accolades because she got to black-belt in 11 months. The hardest thing in that system though was the push-ups (I think you had to be able to do 50 in 1 set to get to blackbelt) and point-sparring.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 2:02am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what I gather, they're really good at making you feel important and special. But they're also really good at breaking you down, little bits at a time.

During my sparring session, I went for 1.5 hours with about 3-4 breaks in between. They put me up against their blackbelts (which by the way, are hardly EVER there at the same time, but coincidentally came when I decided to show up.. hmm?) to try to show me how inferior my skills and art are. Too bad I'm a man made of pure endurance (not really, but I like to tell myself that.) and put up a good fight between 4 of their best students/teachers.

I'm not saying it's bad, I mean at least one of these guys had some skill of some sort, but I think they're ways of screwing/getting people to come in are not okay by me. I mean cut all the mystical unverifiable BS and then maybe, JUST MAYBE, I'd be okay with it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 2:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I aint punchy!?
    What has your belt got to do with how good you are?

It might take 3 years to get to blue belt in BJJ (1st belt past white).

But white belts in that system have been known to wipe the floor with high ranking black-belts from other styles.

In a type of 'free-style' karate I did 20 years ago (**** that sounds bad) I remember some young woman being given accolades because she got to black-belt in 11 months. The hardest thing in that system though was the push-ups (I think you had to be able to do 50 in 1 set to get to blackbelt) and point-sparring.
    its not the belt its the knowledge you get. but for gods sake i know that two yrs was way to long for him to get there. he was a Shitbird and they saw it, they let him fall on his face. he felt that they werent promoting him fast enough or he couldnt hack the journey. no matter what I know it only takes that long if your a shitbird.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 2:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    From what I gather, they're really good at making you feel important and special. But they're also really good at breaking you down, little bits at a time.

During my sparring session, I went for 1.5 hours with about 3-4 breaks in between. They put me up against their blackbelts (which by the way, are hardly EVER there at the same time, but coincidentally came when I decided to show up.. hmm?) to try to show me how inferior my skills and art are. Too bad I'm a man made of pure endurance (not really, but I like to tell myself that.) and put up a good fight between 4 of their best students/teachers.

I'm not saying it's bad, I mean at least one of these guys had some skill of some sort, but I think they're ways of screwing/getting people to come in are not okay by me. I mean cut all the mystical unverifiable BS and then maybe, JUST MAYBE, I'd be okay with it.

it does seem like your back peddling.

Ill come to fresno and we can see you kick my ass in sparring too. I DONT BELIEVE YOU.

what school was it, was it all black belts or was it blacks and browns or are you making it sound better than it was and it was only purple belts.

You full of BULL
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast