Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    12/29/2006 12:03pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal MAP
    Also, the Gracies did not say that their style was not effective against multiple opponents. What they said was they doubt that ANY style is good against multiple opponents and that any art that claims otherwise
    Of interest here is that a fight against multiple people may provide opportunities that would not exist inside a one on one situation. Anyone who's in LE or security can tell you that unless a 'swarm' is practiced and drilled it can be the most unorganized moment in an arrest. You end up tripping over people and the advantage of numbers can end up being a problem not a bonus.

Since most people who train MAs train to defend against multiple attackers there exists advantages in defending the situation but people very rarely if ever train to attack in numbers.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    12/29/2006 12:14pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    Of interest here is that a fight against multiple people may provide opportunities that would not exist inside a one on one situation. Anyone who's in LE or security can tell you that unless a 'swarm' is practiced and drilled it can be the most unorganized moment in an arrest. You end up tripping over people and the advantage of numbers can end up being a problem not a bonus.

Since most people who train MAs train to defend against multiple attackers there exists advantages in defending the situation but people very rarely if ever train to attack in numbers.

TKD
    This is actually very true. I always tell my colleagues to "stand back" if I am going to close in or the whole thing ends up being a total clusterfuck. It is another reason why claims of "it took four cops to take me in" are usually crap - it took four to gt them in without causing too much damage

Posted On:
    12/29/2006 12:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a side note has anyone else noticed a striking similarity between Al Moore and Father James Mitchell from TNA?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2006 12:31pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everytime I look at Al Moore I can't stop thinking he's Ming the Merciless from Flash Gordon .

Edited due to Red's bad memory .

MississippiRed
    Last edited by MississippiRed; 12/29/2006 1:14pm at .

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/29/2006 12:38pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You, of course, mean "Flash Gordon"
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2006 1:13pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    You, of course, mean "Flash Gordon"

Of course I do, Thank you sir I stand corrected. but dude does look like Ming the Merciless.

Posted On:
    12/29/2006 1:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .......and "Chaotica" (from ST:Voyager) and "The Master" (from Dr Who) - come to think of it he looks a bit like Baron Mordo from Dr. Strange as well!

I still say James Mitchell though

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2006 6:09pm

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Eddie Munster

A old Eddie Munster with with facial hair! MooresBanner

Al Moore's Shou Shu History

I think he was after the sinister Chinese Mafia Look.:qleft5:

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    12/30/2006 6:59pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal MAP
    This is actually very true. I always tell my colleagues to "stand back" if I am going to close in or the whole thing ends up being a total clusterfuck. It is another reason why claims of "it took four cops to take me in" are usually crap - it took four to gt them in without causing too much damage
    Ain't that the truth. When I teach we actually drill 'swarm' tactics and ways of rehearsing a situation. I think it's LAPD that has the one I really like. The first person on a guy is the one who calls on the next guy and then he stops worrying about the rest of the backup and focuses on the suspect. This continues until they have the suspect pinned to the ground. It sort of looks like a piece of metal attracting magnets when it's done right.

TKD

PS - What the **** is with the purple text?

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 5:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, I read the stories, well explained and writtne I might add, good job on that.. but, I am baffled here a little bit; how can a cult or a training group have over couple of thousand students learning nothing but bullshit (basically what that story summed up) and there isn't anyone that put a little investigation on Shou Shu and find out whether this is real or not???
    Is there a martial arts federation that concur on this??
    hmmm, interesting..