Sponsored Links Spacer Image

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:21am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why is it that all shou shu practitioners have the grammar abilities of a rodent thats been fucked in the ass with a hairbrush?

aaaaand that basics vid on youtube sucked ass. seriously.
    Last edited by alex; 12/28/2006 12:24am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 5:17pm

Style: Hei Long Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for that link mr truth seeker, i found it informative, and ive spoken to my instructors on the roots of shou shu. And, a lot of it comes from kenpo becasue a lot of it IS kenpo, with the shou shu movements, and way of executing the kenpo technique. you take kenpo, and if you tried shou shu, much of it would be the same with a different spin on it. And there's nothing wrong with that, that doesn't make it a bad style, in fact a pretty good one if you ask me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 6:40pm

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Please read the whole Blog

Shou Shu is a made up system, Read the post made by the Shou Shu black belt that traveled to China--Karate Korner Message Board - Shou Shu

Mr Moore was a beginner when he started in Kenpo in the 60's
    San Jose Kenpo Karate Discussion Forum

If you believe your instructor after reading the blog and making some follow up phone calls, I have some swamp land for a very nice price. For your instructor to admit the line he and the rest of the Shou Shu crew fell for they woul have to admit, well this post says it all/
    Kung Fu Magazine Forums - View Single Post - Shou Shu - real or another made-up melange?

Now Shou Shu ( Mandarin Chinese for surgical operation) Not Beast Knowledge!
    MDBG Chinese-English dictionary - Word dictionary basic

So your style, Surgical operation is a mix of Tracy Chinese Kenpo, American Kenpo, and Richard Lee's bok fu do, Kenpo/Kung Fu. Al Moore's Shou Shu History

Now learn well, Mr Moore was taught by some of the best in martial arts, but it is what it is, and Mr Moore made his choices and stories, and now it's your choice.

Good Luck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 8:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its a made up system compiled by the best in martial arts? isn't that an oxy-moron? Look, you take kenpo, and you know what a good style that is alone. Adding other principles and ideas to that can only make it better. Regardless of the history, shou shu is a good system, and I enjoy taking it. You even admitted in the forum from the first link that shou shu is a good system, regardless, of its cloudy history. I agree, and I think that is all that needs to be discussed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 9:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

History

History is everything, Truth I guess means nothing, The lies that are told about Shou Shu, Moore being in the Chinese Mafia, training with Chinese master, slapping Bruce around, you sound just like the other members in your group. Follow your leader and you will become him.

Just look at the other systems, at least with them you have books and material and get the same teaching, YES the same, EYE POKES Groin shots, Heel toe, sink surge, rotate the hips etc, Take it from people thats been there. And with the other system a little respect outside the Shou Shu Cult members. Them that live a lie become the lie!

Al Moore's Shou Shu History

Best Wishes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 9:28pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Being taught by the best doesnt mean you know the stuff, and the "best" is up to interpretation.

Even a retard under the best fighter probably couldn't learn how to teach, let alone fight (extreme example, i know)

Adding other principles and ideas don't always make things better. What if you took BJJ and threw in Dim Mak? One is completely fine in what it does, another has no pertinance OR effectiveness. Wouldn't adding them together decrease from the efficiency of the art?

Personally, I'll believe its a good style when I see Shou Shu representatives competing with success, until then I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 10:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Good point!

Over the years I have seen MA taught by many different martial artists, and different styles, where the student becomes the teacher but never was the "instructor" his teacher was, and changes made to the style because one never understood the concepts in the first place.

Shou Shu instructors quote from the Parker books all the time, some might not know this but if they would read his books ( Maybe would get a clue)

Best to all!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 11:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, its true that Da Shifu's teachers being the best is up for interpretation, I just kept a quote from the last post. But what shou shu adds to kenpo is not useless, and I believe it helps to make a very full martial art. The way things are taught at a Shou Shu school are just as good, and applicable as any other school. And the material is different from other styles, (exept of course what it takes from kenpo, bok fo do, etc), if it wasn't why would there be different styles of Martial Arts.
    Happy Holidays everybody

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2006 7:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Da Shifu, Mandrain Chinese?

Da Shifu just like Shou Shu are made up words, MDBG Chinese-English dictionary - Word dictionary basic

Shou Shu titles bottom of page. ---> Untitled Document

DaShifu, spelled as one word, The title for the master teacher of a system or style. An 8th degree black belt is required. A teacher of teacher. (wrong)

Da means big, large, etc, and ( shi fu ) not Shifu means Master / qualified worker, one not knowing Chinese might think linking the words Da Shi fu might mean ( big master) but still not even near the word teacher.MDBG Chinese-English dictionary - Word dictionary basic

Shi Han - title of a 5th degree black belt or higher. (wrong) Shi han made up word.

Take the time and look up the other words (titles) listed on the untitled Document above, some are words, but do not fit the shou shu line.

I was told about these made up words by a Shou Shu black black belt that studied Mandarin chinese in Tian Jin China, were Mr Moore (claimed to have studied MA) To read his
    opinion.Karate Korner Message Board - Martial Arts Discussion Forum

Made up system with made up words, I was told about a Shou Shu group going into China town, with Moore's Shou Shu t-shirts and using the words Da Shifu etc, they told me how strange the Chinese acted too then. They thought it was cool because Shou Shu was only taught to the Traids (Chinese Mafia ) No they were shaking their heads at the dumb Americans having shirts that say Shou Shu (surgical operations) dont really think they looked like doctors!

BS story of year award--->http://homepage.mac.com/tony_baltera/shou_shu/Interview.pdf

True Shou Shu history---->Al Moore's Shou Shu History

If they would just call it Moores Kenpo/Kung FU and list the true linage, and get rid of all the BS claims and made up words .

As far as we can tell, AL Moore was a First degree black belt in the Tracy System, with some training in American Kenpo, and Richard Lee Bok Fu Do white tiger Kung Fu/Kenpo and took his new system to small town USA, Valley Spring, Burson, Lodi, and yes he gave himself the made up title of Da Shi Fu, funny it seems he could at least researched Chinese words a little better.

Goood Day
    Last edited by Truth seeker; 12/29/2006 11:29am at .

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    12/29/2006 11:53am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <p>
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    <p>And as for your insults on PoopLoops, well they are also uncalled for. PL makes a very valid point, no doubt he too, like me, recalls the Shou Shu multiple attacker claims on MAP a year or two back where you (or someone using the same username) was also present. That Shou Shu is 'good' against multiple opponents is a consistant claim among Shou Shu practitioners -in fact someone said it in the other Shou Shu thread.
    </p>

I was going to raise this point too.

the SS fanboys are so keen on declaring how "badazz" they are that any question is seen as an attack on their manhood.

As per usual you get the normal hyperbole back from them about being "too deadly" or "try that crap in the streets" whenever any form of pressure testing (i.e. competitive fighting) is mentioned, but they cannot se beyond their own ego and sadly limited system.

For the record - and for all SS nutriders - I have been on "the streets" for many years in a professional capacity and in personal encounters. Only on a handful of occasions have I been unable to control an individual without striking.

Also, the Gracies did not say that their style was not effective against multiple opponents. What they said was they doubt that ANY style is good against multiple opponents and that any art that claims otherwise - SS for example - is to be treated with suspicion until they can produce evidence to the contrary....and anecdotes do not count as emprical evidence