223781 Bullies, 3464 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 171 to 180 of 244
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 19202122 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Fantasy Warrior is offline
    Fantasy Warrior's Avatar

    Misguided style basher

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,714

    Posted On:
    9/22/2005 2:55pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for answering
    Quote Originally Posted by Name
    I am sick of the Shou Shu bashers on this site. Every school and style has someone who didn't like it there. Everyone. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its no good.
    No, this is not subjective bashing. We try to be as objective as we can. It is brought about because of outlandish claims and a somewhat insular/cultish culture displayed by Shou Shu'ers on forums.

    1) Yes it is good against multiple opponents. Can the average blue belt take on 5 opponents and win. No. Why people think multiple opponents cannot be fought is beyond me. Is fighting multiple opponents easy, no, its a pain in the ass but it can be done. How? I'm sorry it cannot be described on the freakin keyboard and make sense. Martial Arts is a Do Thing. Not a type it out and have some jackass( not you) rip apart every word you type, so I don't know how to explain it while writing and it not come off wrong. Yes, Shou Shu works off multiple attackers but it is not easy. How many attackers depends on skill level and that particular person. Some people are still using examples from various sites that overzealous students wrote and throwing them in Shou Shuers faces. Some of the claims were abit outlandish, I agree, but Shou Shu is a good art and we have a lot of pride in what we learn and train in and don't like the bashing we get. I'm sorry but that is the best answer I can give.
    Can a blue belt fight three determined 'real' attackers with a high % of success? Also, do you agree then that Shifu Tiger is talking out of his posterior?

    2)The business aspect of the studios, Moores and others is I believe no ones business except the student that goes there and the studio head. It also has nothing to do with whether or not a system or style or school is credible. So I choose not to answer this question.
    No, exploititive commercial practices within martial arts is commonplace, often called McDojoism. Some past students have said that there were yearly contracts and such -some shou shu'ers have denied this (for their clubs) and some not. It is in the consumer's best interest to be open about this type of information.

    3) There is Shuai-Chiao in the art. Some students who are interested in cage fighting do ground fighting because those are the rules - when in Rome and all that. I don't do ground fighting because I do not see the need , personally.
    So if you or the 'typical' student found themselves on the ground in a fight, they wouldn't be well prepared? Also, the rules of Cagefighting ALLOW grappling, not insist on it. Shou Shu'ers could theoretically compete without cross-training... whether they'd stand a hope in hell might be a different issue.


    PS. We knew you didn't mean it when you said you were going.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

    just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM


    Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/
  2. Ronin is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,894

    Posted On:
    9/22/2005 2:56pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Name
    Fine:
    1) Yes it is good against multiple opponents. Can the average blue belt take on 5 opponents and win. No. Why people think multiple opponents cannot be fought is beyond me. Is fighting multiple opponents easy, no, its a pain in the ass but it can be done. How? I'm sorry it cannot be described on the freakin keyboard and make sense. Martial Arts is a Do Thing. Not a type it out and have some jackass( not you) rip apart every word you type, so I don't know how to explain it while writing and it not come off wrong. Yes, Shou Shu works off multiple attackers but it is not easy. How many attackers depends on skill level and that particular person. Some people are still using examples from various sites that overzealous students wrote and throwing them in Shou Shuers faces. Some of the claims were abit outlandish, I agree, but Shou Shu is a good art and we have a lot of pride in what we learn and train in and don't like the bashing we get. I'm sorry but that is the best answer I can give.

    2)The business aspect of the studios, Moores and others is I believe no ones business except the student that goes there and the studio head. It also has nothing to do with whether or not a system or style or school is credible. So I choose not to answer this question.

    3) There is Shuai-Chiao in the art. Some students who are interested in cage fighting do ground fighting because those are the rules - when in Rome and all that. I don't do ground fighting because I do not see the need , personally.

    I hope this helps, but I am sick of the Shou Shu bashers on this site. Every school and style has someone who didn't like it there. Everyone. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its no good.

    Point 1-
    Why do people thing mutiple attackers cannot be fought:
    No onme said they CAN'T, what people have issues is when people say they can be beat.
    Survival is one thing ( heck getting out alive by running is survival), BEATING them is another.

    Point 2-
    Here at bullshido we do NOT have problems with McDojos ( money oriented MA gyms), UNLESS there is unscupilous going on, as a matter of fact, just because a gym is a McDojo, doesn't mean their students can't kick your ass ( to paraphrase the great one Omega).

    Point 3-
    Agreed.
  3. Name is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5

    Posted On:
    9/22/2005 4:34pm


     Style: SHou Shu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Deleted
    Last edited by Name; 9/23/2005 3:25pm at .
  4. BeastApprentice is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central Valley, CA
    Posts
    126

    Posted On:
    9/23/2005 10:12am


     Style: Moores Shou Shu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by trfcrugby
    Just for the record, I would not bite someone unless I was actually about to die. The risk of disease...ugh.

    And yes, I did think the black gi was cool. In fact, I still would prefer a black gi given the choice. It looks good.

    Frustrated fighter society? Hardly. I still have some bad habits when sparring from my time in Shou Shu, and it's been hell trying to unlearn them. I literally had to relearn kicks and blocks once I started to fight Muay Thai / Boxing. The whole kicking with the ball of the foot and chop blocking concept just don't work against a game opponent. If it did, Shou Shu fighters would rule MMA, because they could simply block the first incoming punch, trap and disable the other fighter. Blocking a rapid volley of punches is extremely difficult, which is why you don't see pro boxers blocking punches in the way a kung fu guy would...it doesn't work. And don't even try to tell me that Shou Shu fighters have better hands than pro boxers.

    Door is always open.

    funny thing about you is that you were a purple belt with no concept of the art itself. your level of knowledge sucked. i would much rather kick with the ball of my foot than the top and break those little bones in there. you were far from knowing anything. it wasnt bad habits Shou Shu gave you its the bad habits you already had, your instructor wanted your money so thats why you were there for two yrs and only made it to purple.

    Im sorry i just cant believe the load of crap this guy is spewing out. everything you now refer back to is the cagefighting. so its an apple and oranges coversation.

    again Door is always open.

    BA
  5. Ronin is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,894

    Posted On:
    9/23/2005 10:18am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastApprentice
    Door is always open.

    funny thing about you is that you were a purple belt with no concept of the art itself. your level of knowledge sucked. i would much rather kick with the ball of my foot than the top and break those little bones in there. you were far from knowing anything. it wasnt bad habits Shou Shu gave you its the bad habits you already had, your instructor wanted your money so thats why you were there for two yrs and only made it to purple.

    Im sorry i just cant believe the load of crap this guy is spewing out. everything you now refer back to is the cagefighting. so its an apple and oranges coversation.

    again Door is always open.

    BA
    Glad to see the door is open, now all you have to do is say for what.
  6. Fantasy Warrior is offline
    Fantasy Warrior's Avatar

    Misguided style basher

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,714

    Posted On:
    9/23/2005 10:19am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Name
    If you have real questions and want me to answer them then pm me, but please dont waste my time by posting insulting questions. I only came on here due to some BS that needed to be addressed and did what I could before it got turned into garbage .

    Thank you
    They were real questions. Maybe you don't like people to hear the answers?
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

    just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM


    Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/
  7. BeastApprentice is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central Valley, CA
    Posts
    126

    Posted On:
    9/23/2005 10:25am


     Style: Moores Shou Shu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BatRonin
    Glad to see the door is open, now all you have to do is say for what.

    its called an open door policy.
  8. Ronin is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,894

    Posted On:
    9/23/2005 10:33am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastApprentice
    its called an open door policy.

    Great, person walking in makes the rules?
  9. BeastApprentice is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central Valley, CA
    Posts
    126

    Posted On:
    9/23/2005 10:58am


     Style: Moores Shou Shu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BatRonin
    Great, person walking in makes the rules?

    that means i come to your house and make the rules right.

    people want to know about us first hand they are more than welcome to come to a school and check it out.
  10. Ronin is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,894

    Posted On:
    9/23/2005 10:59am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastApprentice
    that means i come to your house and make the rules right.

    people want to know about us first hand they are more than welcome to come to a school and check it out.

    MY house has no open door policy.

    So, the door is open so people can "check it out".
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 19202122 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.