Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/22/2005 8:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Something I haven't brought up here yet: History bullshit.

Here's a Shou Shu related site well worth a cursory browse, enjoy: http://www.fareastfightingarts.com/background.htm
    now, IIRC, Sheng Hun is related art of Shou Shu???? Something like that.

But, it's apparent that there is a great deal of mysticism surrounding the history of Shou Shu.

As for Beast Apprentice kinda denying that it's 'official' that it's good against multiple opponents (well, he said no one ever said it was good against 10..., other thread?), let's recall the official grade descriptions:
    http://www.mooreschinesemartialarts....oushu_faq.html
    Blue Belt: When you reach the high blue belt level. You will be moving 3-5 time faster then you can now and will able to defend yourself against 2-3 people at the same time.
    (nb. that wording can be found on other sites also).

Other interesting comments
    http://www.moores-monterey.com/
    Shou Shu is the ultimate art of unarmed combat as well as being a superb system in achieving physical fitness and confidence in oneself. This is an unsurpassed system of self-defense which combines a vast array of pressure points and joint locking techniques (Chin Na) with kicking, punching, throwing, falling, (Shuai-Chiao) and a myriad of fighting techniques (San Sao's) into beautiful and dynamic 'soft-Style" emphasizing speed, fluidity and power.
    An interesting PDF of an interview with Da Shifu (sr). http://homepage.mac.com/tony_baltera.../Interview.pdf
    The attached screen grab is part of the interview where Da Shifu Al Moore (Sr) recounts defeating twelve assailants.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shoushustory.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	3979  

Last edited by Fantasy Warrior; 9/22/2005 8:47am at .
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

wants jade ring

Posted On:
    9/22/2005 9:53am

supporting member
     Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    Something I haven't brought up here yet: History bullshit.

Here's a Shou Shu related site well worth a cursory browse, enjoy: http://www.fareastfightingarts.com/background.htm
    now, IIRC, Sheng Hun is related art of Shou Shu???? Something like that. .....
    This is MY school, which is in no way related to Shou Shu. The background is a summary of my teacher's teacher's(Shi Gong) family oral history. We consider it more of an interesting story than fact.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    9/22/2005 10:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    Eternal Rage, you seem to be reading the posts with rose tinted glasses. Always good to have someone trying to infuse some balance, but you seem to be overlooking a long history (well, a year or two) or bullshit claims being spouted on numerous forums -Shifu Tiger is a Si-fu, obviously.
    Yeah, just trying to keep the peace. I've actually never heard of these guys till this thread so I don't know what's happened on other boards. So far what I gather is wrong with them is their history and some more fantastic claims - which the Shou Shu ppl who have responded don't seem to put much stock in anyway.

As for Shifu Tiger, yeah he doesn't seem to be a very level headed example of Shou Shu, but hey every system has its crazies. Mainly the reason why I'm trying to be helpful to these guys is because its starting to look more and more like Sirc spouted some bullshido here at Bullshido so I'm just trying to help out our rep, I mean most internet boards think we're retarded and Sirc's not helping that out (even if he's telling the truth)...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2005 11:46am

Style: Qigong, taiji, Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This grows tiring.

What IS the intent of this website anyway? To weed out McDojos or just bash any and all arts that have something you don't like in them?

Regarding the contracts: I know of NO Moore's schools that offer contracts that limit the number of classes one can attend. Students come in to train during open mat times, and classes are open to everyone. Hell, I can even go to a school in a different town and join in their classes. Nobody's going to ask me for a copy of my contract, or money, or anything. So that comment about "$85 for one class a week" is Bullshido itself.

This all just looks like an excuse to talk **** about a martial art. When one issue has been addressed, certain individuals just come up with a different reason to trash on the art that has become a huge part of my life. And that's ok on this website? Where's the objectivity? Where's the desire to protect consumers? All I see is a mini-lynch mob out to trash arts they don't approve of.

I'm out. I won't waste any more energy discussing this with people who already have their mind made up about Shou Shu.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/22/2005 12:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Acira
    This grows tiring.

What IS the intent of this website anyway? To weed out McDojos or just bash any and all arts that have something you don't like in them?
    McDojoism isn't the only form of Bullshido. Shou Shu'ers claiming far fetched competency against multiple opponents, the somewhat patchy and mysterious 'history' of Shou Shu, the talk of Ki (Chi.... not touched on in these threads) etc, they're worthy of examination IMO.

just die already.

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/22/2005 1:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And when they can't back up their claims, they'll redirect blame and try to put light on something else to try to distract us as they sweep their dust under the carpet.

I.e. calling me out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2005 2:09pm

Style: SHou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Deleted
    Last edited by Name; 9/23/2005 3:23pm at .

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/22/2005 2:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Name, I'm not too interested in whether Sirc fought your guys or not, it really doesn't affect the wider issues being discussed. So please accept my appology for getting straight to those other issues.

1. Is Shou Shu 'good' against multiple opponents and if so, how is it gauged?
    2. Does your club employ yearly student contracts?
    3. Does your Shou shu training include meaningful grappling?

just die already.

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa

Posted On:
    9/22/2005 2:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastApprentice
    I will state that the opinions of multiple opponents is based on the individual student or black belt. At no time does a Shun Shifu or Shihan or Da' Shifu tell us that we can go out and beat 10 opponents at once. the training we recieve gives us the ability to spot and react and respond to potential attacks.

I watched a guy if was stationed with get jumped by 15 guys while i was leaving a party back in early 90's , I stopped the car he was what looked like getting the **** kicked out of him he fell and got back up broke free and jumped in the car. not one mark on his face or body the next day. NOONE IN THE GROUP KNEW WHAT THEY WERE STRIKING AT, most of them were kicking and punching the guys arm and leg next to them. So to say its impossible no its not impossible to defend against it.

Its the mindset and the training, if you train to use it you will have it to use, if you say "oh thats impossible i wont even try to train for that" then when it comes time to use it, you wont have the tools to defend against it.

END im not speaking on this subject anymore, im repeating myself.

Doors are open your more than welcome to come check it out.

Someone was VERY LUCKY.

We have debated multiple attackers till our fingers bled,
    Fact is, IF YOU were ONE of those multiple attackers, would any 1 person stand a chance against you and your 2-3-5 buddies?

That is the question you must ask yourself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2005 2:42pm

Style: SHou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Deleted
    Last edited by Name; 9/23/2005 3:24pm at .
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 18192021 ... LastLast