Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16171819 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 7:02pm

Style: BJJ / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While we are talking about the belt equivelance, since I was a high purple, that would make me almost a black belt in any other art, correct? But wait, I am a lousy, no good, idiot that could not hang. So if that is the case then why did I get promoted? McDojo or I was competent. Choose one Beast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 7:05pm

Style: shou shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Bwaahhhahhahahahaaaa.

8-10 guys at one time. That is all I needed to hear. Thank you. I was really having a bummin day til I heard that one.

Shifu 'stacking up bodies' Tiger...

are you being condecending? i've givin you our reasoning behind taking on multiple opponents. doesn't really matter, shou shu has been provin on the streets and in various forms of competition, cage fighting etc.... it works

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 7:07pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Show me video of it working. If it's been in competitions, someone's bound to have filmed it.

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 7:08pm

Style: Qigong, taiji, Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I certainly wouldn't call any purple belt I've seen in the system equivalent to a black belt. However, I have seen a lot of blue, green, and brown belts in shou shu that fight a hell of a lot better than the black belts I've seen come out of other martial arts schools in my area. THOSE are the McDojos, in my opinion.

I'm sorry you had such a bad time in shou shu, but 1988 was a long time ago, and I would imagine things were different then. I certainly wouldn't call shou shu a McDojo. Belts aren't just given out, students have to show a certain level of mastery to attain each one. One thing I've seen unilaterally throughout the system is a strong work ethic. My fellow students and I work hard each class.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 7:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a question.

Say 7 SS'ers get into a fight. All black belts. One guy pisses the other off or whatever. 6v1. Who wins? The 6 or the 1 guy?

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 7:19pm

Style: BJJ / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And in the cage fighting it is pretty much BJJ that wins the fight. I've seen the record of the fights...four wins by submission, and three losses. Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for a fighter that steps in the cage, so mad props to Cook. But to say Shou Shu was proven in the cage is somewhat misleading, since his four wins came by way of rear naked chokes and a guillotine. As a 2nd Black belt, where are the hands that move faster than we can see? The chi strikes?

And for the Acira, here's a pic of a Shou Shu black belt in a cage fight performing a kick...with his hands down. (http://www.sherdog.com/news/picture_...0933&f_id=2592) A mortal sin, right? Come on guys, this is ridiculous. The main thing that turned me off to Shou Shu was the overall attitude of "if it isn't shou shu it doesn't work". If a Shou Shu BB was as good as they say they are, then Cook not have a TKO on his record. Again, nothing but respect to the guy for getting in the cage, but the claims of elite skills are what make people turn against the style.
    Last edited by trfcrugby; 9/21/2005 7:21pm at .

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 9:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shifu tiger
    yes i am the same person but i don't post on that lame ass site anymore. i stand by my statement too! would it really matter how many opponents there are if your protecting your own life or the life of someone you love? can i take them all out? yes! what's the alternative..... severe injury or death! " ok guys just go ahead and kill me cause i can't take all of you on"! " oh and while you're killing me why don't you go ahead and rape and kill my daughter"! see where i'm going with this? there is no choice whether to fight or not, would i get hit.... yes i would but oh well i get hit then but protecting myself and my loved ones is what i train for and i take it very seriously! shou shu developes that type of attitude, an attitude of protection of family and friends. i don't give a rats ass how many there are, i'd get hit by i'd be stacking up alot of bodies. if you guys don't understand that reasoning then i'm done trying to help you understand. iv'e said what i needed to..... later

shifu
    Shifu Tiger = self owned.

Thanx.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 9:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shifu, it doesn't matter what you WANT. Nobody WANTS to get his ass handed to them. But it happens. That's the point we're trying to make. Nobody cares that you want to protect yourself, they will beat you down ANYWAY.

PL

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 10:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes i am the same person but i don't post on that lame ass site anymore. i stand by my statement too! would it really matter how many opponents there are if your protecting your own life or the life of someone you love? can i take them all out? yes! what's the alternative..... severe injury or death! " ok guys just go ahead and kill me cause i can't take all of you on"! " oh and while you're killing me why don't you go ahead and rape and kill my daughter"! see where i'm going with this? there is no choice whether to fight or not, would i get hit.... yes i would but oh well i get hit then but protecting myself and my loved ones is what i train for and i take it very seriously! shou shu developes that type of attitude, an attitude of protection of family and friends. i don't give a rats ass how many there are, i'd get hit by i'd be stacking up alot of bodies. if you guys don't understand that reasoning then i'm done trying to help you understand. iv'e said what i needed to..... later

shifu
    Whoa, whoa shifu_tiger, I think you might have misunderstood what the others were getting at. They're not criticizing your reasons on why you decide to choose to fight multiple attackers. Its the statement that you can successfully ward off 8-10 attackers at once. Why you are doing it in the first place is not even in question, obviously to protect your loved ones.

The point that some of the members of this forum are getting at is that multiple attacker scenarios, no matter what the reason for engaging that many attackers, is never successful despite your noble intentions. 3-5 attackers might be believable, but once you involve more than 5 attackers that do not attack one at a time, most people - from the expert to the laymen - would agree that this is akin to movie mythology.

The reasoning behind my fellow Bullshido members' attacks on your multiple attacker comments are not based on why you would enter that scenario. The media, tv, and movies have created a false myth that with martial arts you can dispose of any number of attackers without being harmed . There are many schools out there that would take advantage of this myth (and others) and deceive the naiive consumer in order to make some money.

The way that Shou Shu practitioners state their multiple attacker training either directly says or implies that they can successfully dispose of 10-15 attackers with little or no injury. I simply do not believe this can be the case. Realistically, to fight that many people, one would have to know exactly what all attackers plan to do throughout the entire ordeal. That is reading minds - some schools attribute it to chi or what not - simple physics and body mechanics and the nature of stochastic combat refutes most possibilities of getting out of a situation like that with less harm than what the collective attacker crowd intended.

Of course, I am not saying its completely impossible. One can train one's skill to a physical maximum and then rely on Lady Luck for the rest. However, from just reading the presented posts on Shou Shu multiple attacker issues, it seems that some of Shou Shu's practitioners believe this is something they can do consistently well with little injury.

Acira, Beast Master, mantis, shoushu energy, I am interested to know your opinions on the issue of multiple attackers, since this is an issue that has come under fire on other forums as well from what I understand. Do you believe it is possible to come out of a multiple attacker (10-15 or more) situation with little or no injury (is this what Shou Shu claims in the first place?)

Again I'd like to clarify that contrary to ShifuTiger's response, I and others are not questioning or criticizing WHY you would enter a multiple attacker scenario, only the frequency of realistic potential outcomes of such a situation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 10:31pm

Style: Moores Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    Whoa, whoa shifu_tiger, I think you might have misunderstood what the others were getting at. They're not criticizing your reasons on why you decide to choose to fight multiple attackers. Its the statement that you can successfully ward off 8-10 attackers at once. Why you are doing it in the first place is not even in question, obviously to protect your loved ones.

The point that some of the members of this forum are getting at is that multiple attacker scenarios, no matter what the reason for engaging that many attackers, is never successful despite your noble intentions. 3-5 attackers might be believable, but once you involve more than 5 attackers that do not attack one at a time, most people - from the expert to the laymen - would agree that this is akin to movie mythology.

The reasoning behind my fellow Bullshido members' attacks on your multiple attacker comments are not based on why you would enter that scenario. The media, tv, and movies have created a false myth that with martial arts you can dispose of any number of attackers without being harmed . There are many schools out there that would take advantage of this myth (and others) and deceive the naiive consumer in order to make some money.

The way that Shou Shu practitioners state their multiple attacker training either directly says or implies that they can successfully dispose of 10-15 attackers with little or no injury. I simply do not believe this can be the case. Realistically, to fight that many people, one would have to know exactly what all attackers plan to do throughout the entire ordeal. That is reading minds - some schools attribute it to chi or what not - simple physics and body mechanics and the nature of stochastic combat refutes most possibilities of getting out of a situation like that with less harm than what the collective attacker crowd intended.

Of course, I am not saying its completely impossible. One can train one's skill to a physical maximum and then rely on Lady Luck for the rest. However, from just reading the presented posts on Shou Shu multiple attacker issues, it seems that some of Shou Shu's practitioners believe this is something they can do consistently well with little injury.

Acira, Beast Master, mantis, shoushu energy, I am interested to know your opinions on the issue of multiple attackers, since this is an issue that has come under fire on other forums as well from what I understand. Do you believe it is possible to come out of a multiple attacker (10-15 or more) situation with little or no injury (is this what Shou Shu claims in the first place?)

Again I'd like to clarify that contrary to ShifuTiger's response, I and others are not questioning or criticizing WHY you would enter a multiple attacker scenario, only the frequency of realistic potential outcomes of such a situation.

I will state that the opinions of multiple opponents is based on the individual student or black belt. At no time does a Shun Shifu or Shihan or Da' Shifu tell us that we can go out and beat 10 opponents at once. the training we recieve gives us the ability to spot and react and respond to potential attacks.

I watched a guy if was stationed with get jumped by 15 guys while i was leaving a party back in early 90's , I stopped the car he was what looked like getting the **** kicked out of him he fell and got back up broke free and jumped in the car. not one mark on his face or body the next day. NOONE IN THE GROUP KNEW WHAT THEY WERE STRIKING AT, most of them were kicking and punching the guys arm and leg next to them. So to say its impossible no its not impossible to defend against it.

Its the mindset and the training, if you train to use it you will have it to use, if you say "oh thats impossible i wont even try to train for that" then when it comes time to use it, you wont have the tools to defend against it.

END im not speaking on this subject anymore, im repeating myself.

Doors are open your more than welcome to come check it out.
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16171819 ... LastLast