Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 5:02pm

Style: Qigong, taiji, Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eternal Rage:

Thanks for the welcome. I've actually been to this site quite a few times, after hearing about threads trashing Shou Shu. I also read threads on MAP. I chose not to post in the past because I really didn't see the point in engaging in a bunch of pointless flaming.

I'm amazed that a TKD guy smoked 3 Shou Shu black belts, but I suppose anything's possible. I wonder who they were!

Sirc:

What are you talking about regarding "that's not what they do"? I must have missed something. If you're talking about sparring, in my kwoon, I spar full-contact with other students. I had two guys tackle me repeatedly one night, and ended up finally flipping out and breaking out of the holds while also landing some good punches on the guys on my way out. This really helped me learn how it would feel to get grabbed (I panicked the first few times) and helped me figure out what works and what doesn't. I fight with the guys to learn what does and doesn't work for me, given my size. The guys do come at me with punches and elbows to the face, and I've taken a couple that I failed to block. We rarely spar all-out because someone inevitably gets hurt when we do. My blood is on the mats in the studio, along with a number of other students.

While there's no way in hell I'd ever hold my own in a cage fight with a MMA guy, if some random asshole on the street decided to grab me, he'd very quickly find out that he chose the wrong chick to mess with. Shou Shu isn't the "ultimate art" any more than any other system is, but I feel very confident that the skills ingrained in my body will protect me and seriously hurt someone if the need to prove that ever arises.

As for "moving at the speed of light" I will vouch for the fact that the speed and strength of my weapons has increased at every belt. I am constantly refining my material, making it tighter and faster and more effective.
    Last edited by Acira; 9/21/2005 5:05pm at .

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 5:03pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DIC's flying everywhere.

I don't know if that's good or bad though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 5:32pm

Style: shou shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey people.... others thrashing on shou shu are NOT students and have never seen shou shu in action. they do not have enough information to base any kind of an opinion! if some or all of you think we're a fly by night school and have no respect.... fine, come visit any of our schools and find out! nobody came into any moore's school and whipped any blackbelt! whoever said that is a god damn liar! we shou shu people don't have a problem with any other martial art out there but it seems alot of people here and on map like to try an thrash on shou shu. there's only one way to find guys..... call it a challenge i don't give a rats ass!

shifu tiger sacramento

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 5:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Shou Shuers,

Out of curiousity, how long does it take to achieve your 1st degree black belt (or something equivalent) on average?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 5:43pm

Style: Qigong, taiji, Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    Hey Shou Shuers,

Out of curiousity, how long does it take to achieve your 1st degree black belt (or something equivalent) on average?

YEARS, in my understanding.

I know of a female black belt who did it in 2 years, but she was in the studio training hard every day during those two years. And she is waaay bad ass, in my opinion.

I'm coming up on 2 years and have my green belt. As one goes up in belts, the time between belts increases. I don't expect to see my first brown until mid to late 2006 at the earliest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 5:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kickcatcher,
    yes i believe our schools offer yearly contracts, but i am not a head instructor so i don't know all the particulars of the buisness end of shou shu. i know this much, iv'e been doing shou shu for 15 years and there is no better fighting art out there, yes there are other good ones. shou shu is very deep in knowledge and complicated to learn, it's impossible to describe what we do and expect people to understand it over the net. i'd love to have some of the badasses on this forum come to one of Dashifu al moore's schools and find out what we do, we do offer a free complimentary lesson. we don't want jerks in any of our schools.... but on the other hand if anyone wants to challenge us you will get your asses handed to you very quickly! moore's schools are a place of learning and respect. i'm just getting tired of seeing all the bad stuff being said about shou shu. that's all i have to say about it. later

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 6:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shifu tiger
    i know this much, iv'e been doing shou shu for 15 years and there is no better fighting art out there,
    Shifu Tiger, are you the same person who posts on MAP as Shifu Tiger and said:
    i'm pretty confident i could handle 8 10 however many attack. it doesn't matter, just have alot of body bags ready with tags that say, "remains unviewable"! a shou shu blue belt is as good if not much better than any blackbelt in any other system. i'll bet good money u could take on at least 4 to 6 at the same time...... salute
    ?
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 6:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    Shifu Tiger, are you the same person who posts on MAP as Shifu Tiger and said:

?

yes i am the same person but i don't post on that lame ass site anymore. i stand by my statement too! would it really matter how many opponents there are if your protecting your own life or the life of someone you love? can i take them all out? yes! what's the alternative..... severe injury or death! " ok guys just go ahead and kill me cause i can't take all of you on"! " oh and while you're killing me why don't you go ahead and rape and kill my daughter"! see where i'm going with this? there is no choice whether to fight or not, would i get hit.... yes i would but oh well i get hit then but protecting myself and my loved ones is what i train for and i take it very seriously! shou shu developes that type of attitude, an attitude of protection of family and friends. i don't give a rats ass how many there are, i'd get hit by i'd be stacking up alot of bodies. if you guys don't understand that reasoning then i'm done trying to help you understand. iv'e said what i needed to..... later

shifu

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 6:48pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bwaahhhahhahahahaaaa.

8-10 guys at one time. That is all I needed to hear. Thank you. I was really having a bummin day til I heard that one.

Shifu 'stacking up bodies' Tiger...

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 6:48pm

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Pratchett
    He believed, along with General Tacticus, that courage, bravery and the indomitable human spirit were fine things which nevertheless tended to take second place to the combination of courage, bravery, the indomitable human spirit and a six–to–one superiority of numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.