226087 Bullies, 4099 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 101 to 110 of 244
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. shoushu energy is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    wu dang mountains
    Posts
    27

    Posted On:
    9/21/2005 12:03pm


     Style: Shou Shu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by trfcrugby
    Let's step back in time, to the year 1988. Acid washed jeans and mullets are all the rage. Ninjas rule the movie screen, and everyone wants to learn some uber-secret martial art to kick ass and take names.

    I was no exception, although my time with a mullet was brief. I was a young high school wrestler, looking to add "karate" to my resume, and I found myself in the lobby of Moore's Karate, speaking with a man in a patch-covered black gi. Right away, the black gi impressed me. I mean, come on. White gi's are for good guys. Black is hard-as-nails-I-will-f@%@%@-you-up-with-the-quickness.

    It didn't take long to get me into the office for the traditional contract signing ceremony. One year, unless I moved more than 50 miles away. Being 18, I didn't care, I just signed on the line and went home that night thinking about how badass the black gi was going to look.

    I returned the next day for my first lesson. In the lobby, I was greeted by the resident black belt. I motioned to the asian-themed walls, and pointed out the various weapons hainging around the dojo. Who would not be impressed by a vast assortment of swords, poles, spears, and nunchucks. I had seen the movies, and I knew badass when I saw it.

    "You won't learn those until you are a brown or black belt. In fact, " he pauses and removes a credit card from his wallet. "I could kill you faster with this credit card than you could kill me with any of those weapons."

    Ignoring the foreshadowing of the killing me with a credit card omen, I nodded in amazement. I spent the rest of the week trying to imagine how awesome this guy must be to kill me with a small piece of plastic that would normally break when used to scrape ice from a frozen windshield. Obviously, something the ancient kung fu masters had worked out.

    The first lesson started out with the secret salutation. If I remember correctly, it was a cross step backwards with the right leg, then windmilling the arms backwards (right slightly before the left), bringing the hands into a sort of cupped postion in front of my chest. Uncross legs, stand up straight, while turning my palms to face the floor. Wash, rinse, repeat. Got it? Time to move on.

    Next came the special bow for entering and leaving the training area. Right hand makes a fist, left hand remains open. Touch them together at the chest, and bow. Weapon and shield I was told. Too cool.

    We moved into the training area, and started working on the all powerfull horse stance. Being a wrestler, I questioned the stance, as it seemed to lack mobility. Nonsense. Our strikes our so fast, so powerfull, that they can maim and kill. Horse stance it is. From there, I was told to place my left arm out to the left side, elbow bent almost 90'. The right arm was tucked into the stomach in a tight fist, palm up. This, he tells me, presents the smallest target for my attacker, and protects all of my vital organs (except for the kidneys and head, but hey, who's counting). The fighting stance was born.

    The remainder of my hour private lesson was spent on kicks. The front snap kick and rear kick. Normal enough except the front kick was supposed to strike with the ball of the foot, not the top of the foot or shin. Hmmmm. Trust me, it looks odd, toes all splayed out, ankle cocked back.

    We complete the lesson, and I change out of my gi. The instructor stops to talk to me on my way out. More war stories about beating people up, and how when he fights, he doesn't even know what technique he is doing, it's just pure instinct. One time, he grins, him and his Shou Shu buddies sent their girlfriends over to a table of rowdy guys in a bar, just to see if the guys would mess with them, thereby giving him and his buddies a reason to open up a helping of Moore's Genuine Can-O-Whoop-Ass.

    I left that day feeling quite confident that I could already kick some major ass. Oh yeah, and I bought three of the official Moore's T-Shirts. There was this nifty silver medallion the instructor had been wearing, but alas I didn't have enough money to buy one of those just yet.

    THIS IS WHAT BROUGHT ME ON THIS FORUM AGAIN-
    THIS WEBSITE CLAIMS TO BE A SITE THAT LIKES TO POINT OUT BULLSHIT SCHOOLS... RIGHT?
    THEN WHY WOULD AN IDIOT GET ON HERE AND WRITE ABOUT A SCHOOL HE TRIED OUT BACK IN 88? THE MINDSET HE WAS IN WAS DIFFERENT BACK THEN COMPARED TO NOW.. FOR ANYONE IT IS!
    ANYONE OF US CAN LEARN A GOOD KICK, A GOOD PUNCH AND BLOCK AND BE VICTORIOUS WITH YOUR AVERAGE STREET FIGHTER...
    SO AFTER 2YRS OF TRAINING THIS GUY SAYS HE GOT HIS ASS HANDED TO HIM STUCK IN A HORSE STANCE.. I CALL BULLSHIT!
    HE HAD TO NOT HAVE ANY FIGHTING SPIRIT IN HIM TO BEGIN.. WITH THAT BEING SAID.. YOU CAN BE TRAINED IN ANY SOLID RENOWNED ART AND STILL GET BEAT DOWN BY THE SIMPLEST OF MEN IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT IN PRACTICAL SITUATIONS...
    DON'T GET ON THE NET AND BASH A SCHOOL YOU ATTENDED IN THE 80'S AND WE ARE NOW IN THE 2000'S...
    THATS JUST BEING DUMB!
  2. massattack is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    9/21/2005 12:04pm


     Style: Shou Shu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    I'm mostly in UK. Sometimes in new England also.

    Why don't some Shou shu'rers attend a Bullshido throwdown?

    And it does seem from Beast Apprentice's and Shou Shu Energy's replies that contracts are still used by at least some schools (theirs presumably).
    1. hmmm, dont know any students that are over there

    2. dont know, i doubt many have even heard of Bullshido

    3. i guess it all depends on the Shun Shifu (head of the school)
  3. BeastApprentice is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central Valley, CA
    Posts
    126

    Posted On:
    9/21/2005 12:10pm


     Style: Moores Shou Shu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by trfcrugby
    Then there are things like this over on their forum (http://www.shoushu.info/viewtopic.php?t=473) ...come on guys...this sounds more and more like BS. At least they didn't tell me about this crap when I was there:

    "There have been two moments when I felt the undeniable effects of chi. The first was when Dashifu came to the Stockton school (run by Shifu Coons at that time) and gave a lesson on Offensive Warrior. I was standing in line listening when Dashifu fires off this sword hand at my solar plexus. All I had time to do was look down at the strike helplessly. His fingers stopped at my gi top, but I felt the force of the strike go completely through me. It was like being struck by a ghost."

    And this one:

    "The one that just blew me away was that of the Mongoose, I say this because, after the impact I could feel the energy vibrate down from my chest to my feet and then return back up to my lungs. It knocked the wind out of me!"

    Again, this wasn't around (or at least wasn't discussed) when I was there, so is this a good thing or a bad thing?

    1988 = Slow promotion, no sparring.

    2005 = Fast promotion, chi power, one hit sparring.

    Yeah, I'd say they are evolving there. In what I am not sure.
    Hey dipshit never said one hit sparring,

    1986 is was a white belt, 1987 i was a blue belt you tell me moron. i took a break till 1990, but alas school was more important, 12 yrs later i came back.

    the chi power statement is from a person that was in the art oh around the same time you were idiot.

    and yes the mongoose punch does leave the feeling after being hit with it.

    its a proven fact now your an idiot, and the DEE DEE DEE award goes to you.
  4. Fantasy Warrior is offline
    Fantasy Warrior's Avatar

    Misguided style basher

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,714

    Posted On:
    9/21/2005 12:15pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This latest "1989 isn't representitive" counter argument amuses me, as Shou Shu'ers have a tendency to hark on about the good old days when old man Moore was still about etc. Lol.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

    just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM


    Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/
  5. EternalRage is offline
    EternalRage's Avatar

    WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,360

    Posted On:
    9/21/2005 12:17pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright this is fucking crap. This was supposed to be a thread where a former student of a martial arts organization shared his negative experience with a single isolated incident. This wasn't supposed to degenerate into a full assault on the effectiveness of Shou Shu. In fact, the info presented is 17 years old, and Beast Apprentice has already confirmed that there have been changes and rooting out of bullshido in the system since then.

    Beast Apprentice, you already stated that there were some crap masters in the 1980's to the 1990s that were expelled for teaching garbage, which is fabulous. Trfcrugby has given the location of the school he attended, and I'm sure he'd be willing to tell you the name of his instructor too if he hasn't already. A five minute phone call is all you need to make sure changes have been made or the individual was expelled.

    Sirc, if you haven't already, can you give them the name of the school where you fought the 3 blackbelts and 1 brown belt and the names of those students if you have them. People, we're trying to fight bullshit in the martial arts, remember? I'm sure these Shou Shu guys on our forum would like to check out your claims and make sure they don't exist and eliminate them if they do. Fighting bullshit in martial arts doesn't include trying to convert everyone into MMA or trying to convince everyone that your training is the best. That's like trying to root out bullshit in religion and trying to convert everyone to Christianity at the same time (don't be a dumbshit and quote this with some fucktarded quip, you know what i mean).

    First things first, let these guys clean house and then you can argue about training ideologies till you're blue in the fucking face.

    THIS WEBSITE CLAIMS TO BE A SITE THAT LIKES TO POINT OUT BULLSHIT SCHOOLS... RIGHT? THEN WHY WOULD AN IDIOT GET ON HERE AND WRITE ABOUT A SCHOOL HE TRIED OUT BACK IN 88? THE MINDSET HE WAS IN WAS DIFFERENT BACK THEN COMPARED TO NOW.. FOR ANYONE IT IS!
    It's the experience he had that matters. It's happening in martial arts to this day everywhere. If people are having similar experiences, they can relate and maybe take some action. Yea, the person may be different, but the problem definitely still exists...
  6. shoushu energy is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    wu dang mountains
    Posts
    27

    Posted On:
    9/21/2005 12:19pm


     Style: Shou Shu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    I'm mostly in UK. Sometimes in new England also.

    Why don't some Shou shu'rers attend a Bullshido throwdown?

    And it does seem from Beast Apprentice's and Shou Shu Energy's replies that contracts are still used by at least some schools (theirs presumably).
    the guy that turned me to this site did attend some of your bullshido matches here in calif.. if im not mistaken it was in the bay area and he whipped on everyone there and said that it was quite easy.. he was only a low purple belt at the time..
    the only time he had trouble was when they got on the ground.. got on each other like gayblades and started the match... but there were some rules so he DID get stuck on the ground...

    I tried to attend the next event and somehow I wasn't invited.. at the time I was a brown belt and very interested. Now I could care less..
    Matter a fact the dude offered to go to I think it was England and participate in a throwdown up there... not sure if he ever made it or not.. he ran into financial debt and schooling and had to stop training...
  7. Fantasy Warrior is offline
    Fantasy Warrior's Avatar

    Misguided style basher

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,714

    Posted On:
    9/21/2005 12:22pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoushu energy
    the guy that turned me to this site did attend some of your bullshido matches here in calif.. if im not mistaken it was in the bay area and he whipped on everyone there and said that it was quite easy.. he was only a low purple belt at the time..
    the only time he had trouble was when they got on the ground.. got on each other like gayblades and started the match... but there were some rules so he DID get stuck on the ground...

    I tried to attend the next event and somehow I wasn't invited.. at the time I was a brown belt and very interested. Now I could care less..
    Matter a fact the dude offered to go to I think it was England and participate in a throwdown up there... not sure if he ever made it or not.. he ran into financial debt and schooling and had to stop training...
    Can someone please verify this account?
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

    just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM


    Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/
  8. Shawarma is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,479

    Posted On:
    9/21/2005 12:23pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point to note: Bullshido used to have a member known as "Guerilla Fists", a SS guy who claimed having used his skills to survive a 1 vs 15 man fight. He went to a throwdown and did well. Read the account here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...fists+shou+shu

    Mind you, he'd also done rassling in the past.
  9. shoushu energy is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    wu dang mountains
    Posts
    27

    Posted On:
    9/21/2005 12:25pm


     Style: Shou Shu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    Alright this is fucking crap. This was supposed to be a thread where a former student of a martial arts organization shared his negative experience with a single isolated incident. This wasn't supposed to degenerate into a full assault on the effectiveness of Shou Shu. In fact, the info presented is 17 years old, and Beast Apprentice has already confirmed that there have been changes and rooting out of bullshido in the system since then.

    Beast Apprentice, you already stated that there were some crap masters in the 1980's to the 1990s that were expelled for teaching garbage, which is fabulous. Trfcrugby has given the location of the school he attended, and I'm sure he'd be willing to tell you the name of his instructor too if he hasn't already. A five minute phone call is all you need to make sure changes have been made or the individual was expelled.

    Sirc, if you haven't already, can you give them the name of the school where you fought the 3 blackbelts and 1 brown belt and the names of those students if you have them. People, we're trying to fight bullshit in the martial arts, remember? I'm sure these Shou Shu guys on our forum would like to check out your claims and make sure they don't exist and eliminate them if they do. Fighting bullshit in martial arts doesn't include trying to convert everyone into MMA or trying to convince everyone that your training is the best. That's like trying to root out bullshit in religion and trying to convert everyone to Christianity at the same time (don't be a dumbshit and quote this with some fucktarded quip, you know what i mean).

    First things first, let these guys clean house and then you can argue about training ideologies till you're blue in the fucking face.


    It's the experience he had that matters. It's happening in martial arts to this day everywhere. If people are having similar experiences, they can relate and maybe take some action. Yea, the person may be different, but the problem definitely still exists...
    ETERNAL RAGE- Great post!
    when I originally asked the questions on who this person was and what school.. that was my main reason.. was to find out if this is going on still... I strongly doubt it though. Things like this happening seem to always come to light..
  10. shoushu energy is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    wu dang mountains
    Posts
    27

    Posted On:
    9/21/2005 12:37pm


     Style: Shou Shu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    Point to note: Bullshido used to have a member known as "Guerilla Fists", a SS guy who claimed having used his skills to survive a 1 vs 15 man fight. He went to a throwdown and did well. Read the account here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...fists+shou+shu

    Mind you, he'd also done rassling in the past.
    Thats exacty who i was referring to...
    i remember him leaving my house from watching some fights on ppv and he was house sitting that weekend.. the next morning he called me and told me about the 15man fight and i went to see him and he was barely scratched..
    true story...

    I love the way you threw in the "rassling in the past"....
    I bet if he didn't have the rassling in the past he would've sucked at the event huh? quite amusing!

    Do I think guerrilla fists is superior at the purple belt level he was at during this tmie all this occured??? Hell no... he just had the will to fight and will to want to survive...
    the close contact training he learned so far from Shou Shu saved him!
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.