Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/16/2002 1:02am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "MT fighters throw their kick straight from the ground like a baseball bat."

I don't think that's true, I've watched Thais use the "chamber then kick" method more than the "baseball bat" method, in fact IMO the baseball bat method is just plain sloppy, a begginer's MISTAKE, not a good way to kick at all. I think you'd figure it out on your own even if some dummy taught you the baseball bat method.

That said I think Kyokushin is cool, but so is MT and 10fingers, Sanda is not the same as MT.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2002 1:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't say it was...what I was implying is that San Da does fairly well against MT and I fought MT guys with it and have done well.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/16/2002 2:12am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Traditional Muay Thai fighters do NOT chamber the leg. If they do that its their choice. Its not Muay Thai. They develop TREMENDOUS power that way. I still have no idea how......

"Migo is such a nerdy, panzy ass, ****** mutherfukker." -Every member of the ADCC Forum(at one time or another).
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/16/2002 3:29am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost,

Where do you live? PM and I can see if I can hook you up with some Kyokushin guys.

I also recommend Ashihara and Enshin Karate as well. They are descended from Kyokushin. Ashihara focuses on more boxing type hand work is is gear for brawling.

Also I recomend Nihon Kempo aka Japanese Boxing.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/16/2002 3:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll take your word for it Peedee, also what do you mean "they develop tremendous power that way"?

Posted On:
    8/16/2002 3:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude I have NO IDEA how they do it. Master Toddy has killed TREES by kicking them that way! He also has broken many fighters Femurs in the ring. Thats a REALLY thick bone! I truely dont understand it. I've been to MT seminars and I really cant kick that way. But I couldnt even hold the PAD for the guys that DID kick straight from the ground with no chamber. It literally felt like someone hit the shield with an aluminum baseball bat. I kind of asked for it because I had to open my big mouth and say:

"Can you REALLY generate power like that? Wheres it come from?"

I FELT the power but I never got a real answer. How the FUK can you generate that much force without chambering your leg?? I FELT it and it STILL seems unbelievable to me! But I've only seen the real Muay Thai guys kick like that. Most of the K-1 guys have some sort of chamber to their legs. Maybe they just throw 10,000 friggin kicks a day until they have no CHOICE but to develop power? I'd like to hear an answer from a traditional MT practitioner.

"Migo is such a nerdy, panzy ass, ****** mutherfukker." -Every member of the ADCC Forum(at one time or another).

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    8/16/2002 11:05am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DAMN lucky for him huh nerd? If you had a grade school education you would inderstand that my example was meant to show his kicks had POWER. I know its tough for you to understand that. You might REALLY think otherwise but NOBODY respects your opinion! You prob. think a few people do and smirk behind their hands. Sorry. Nice name by the way. Im sure it'll be banned shortly.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2002 1:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice to see you back knifer (not really).

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/16/2002 1:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know why Phrost didn't IP ban him...anyway it's easier to generate power without chambering the leg because it's easier to lean into it and stuff...I don't know how to explain it but while you can generate more power more easily not chambering you will also almost always be blocked where you could've avoided that by chambering.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2002 4:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the difference is this:

on a regular round house kick, you are generating power from your hips turning over and you quadricep contracting.

on a muy thai kick, you also generate power w/ the hips. however, by not chambering your leg, the hip flexor is the primary mover. your hip flexor is much better suited for generating power with that type of movement. plus you're hitting w/ your shin which hurts waaaaayyyyy more that a foot.

the general rule is, the less joints are involved the more power you have.

i would rather knee someone in the head that kick them. same with an elbow vs punch. the knee joint doesn't play much of a role in a thai roundhouse.

Edited by - Andy Kaufman on August 16 2002 16:52:45
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12