Sponsored Links Spacer Image

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    9/15/2005 4:59am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is your left arm noticably weaker than the right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2005 11:32am

Style: Kung fu, Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll
    Is your left arm noticably weaker than the right?
    I've thought about that, but as far as I can tell, no. I don't remember being unbalanced in working out both arms in the past anyway, and I can't think of anything that's changed since the summer that may contribute to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Symbiote
    Here's an idea - see a doctor.
    I want to know if it's something that would warrent a special doctor's visit first, plus the fact that a) My pediatrician is in Massachusetts - 8 hours away, b) I am a poor college student living on campus without a car, c) Cheap/free public transportation into Rochester is very much lacking, plus the fact that my campus is very isolated removing biking or walking as options. I don't want to go to a doctor unless I find out it's something that would warrent such a visit. If I just need a lifestyle/habit change, than a trip to the hospital for this would have been overkill.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    9/15/2005 11:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sidran
    b) I am a poor college student living on campus without a car,
    Doesn't your college have an infirmary that you can visit at no or low charge?
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2005 11:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya that's right, can't believe I forgot about that. I'll go talk to them about it sometime soon. I don't expect it to be anything serious but it'd be a good idea. Thanks for reminding me about that.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2005 11:56am

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sidran
    My pediatrician is in Massachusetts - 8 hours away
    Pediatrician? What are you like 8 yrs. old? You must be one of those brainiacs who starts college while still a child.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2005 11:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL no I'm 19 right now. I talked to them about it and they said that I can keep a pediatrician until my legal address is not my parents'. That will be the case until I graduate, so for now, I have a pediatrician. They said they usually have people keep their pediatrician until they are around 21 or whenever they graduate from college, so it's not too unusual.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2005 4:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I talked to some people at kung fu and they haven't heard anything like that either. One of the people said that it could be how I'm holding my arms (I've noticed it starts happening once I put my arms out to the side) like something's preventing the blood from leaving my arm or something. I haven't talked to the health services here yet. I'll talk to them at some point but I want to try and recreate it outside of class first to see if there's anything else I haven't noticed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12