Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2005 11:00am

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I have no problem with cardio 7 days a week if that's what you want to do. The thing to remember though is that you're tearing down muscle tissue when doing cardio, to varying degrees and varying muscles depending on the type of cardio.

I would never do something like sprints everyday, it would have a detrimental effect. If training cardio everyday, it would be better to alternate both the intensity and the activity. Sprints, swim, bike, rows, middle distance running, bag work, jump rope,circuit training, bleachers, etc. Try to use different muscle groups on different days giving the subsequently used group time to recover.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    9/15/2005 11:22am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by liokault
    Should I ever get out of breath when sparing against you, I shall consider re-starting my hill sprint routine.
    You'll be fighting somebody a lot fitter than me in April won't you ?

Moron

Posted On:
    9/15/2005 11:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You'll be fighting somebody a lot fitter than me in April won't you ?

I hope not. Jekyll---------> :munky2: Cullion-------> :waijima

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2005 12:48pm

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, infact your way off base. If you read what I wrote, I used the word example,
    I understood that

What I didn't do was say: Hey heres a cool stamina program. Go and run up hills at 100% 12 times a day for six weeks before an event ITS WHAT HELIO DID!!! .
    No, you didn't say that, but you basically did just say that it wouldn't be harmful. I disagree that's all.

Because, for example, boxing for 12 rounds at full intensity , every day for six weeks before a fight will only lead to injury. But you can hill sprint (insert your stamina thing here) for 12 rounds at 100% every day for 6 weeks before a fight, with little worry about hurting your self and having to drop out.

This also means that you can just concentraight on your game while you are playing it, rather than pushing it for stamina as well.

See your mistake here?
    Here's your full post. I had cut out the rest because it really was irrelevant to what i thought was wrong.

Ah, so the problem is not pedantic yanks who go try to miss interpret every thing, just to give some point to there hollow, cold little lives?
    Eh? I didn't try to misinterpret anything. You plainly said you could do HIIT 42 days in a row and it wouldn't be harmful. Hollow, cold, little life? Just because i pointed out something that didn't seem right i must have no life? Please, i'm flattered but i am nowhere close to being a troll.

I mean, Renn cut a quote from my piece, totally missed the point of what I was saying (a reply to another post, not like it was a tough point to follow), then started his comment about it with Are you serious? and ended it with that sounds insane.
    I said," are you serious" because i figured you may have been "exaggerating".

I said it sounds insane, because well... it sounds insane.

And nowhere did i miss your point. Your point was noted. But if i said for example, you can do heavy singles at 100% of your max weight for 10 sets 7 days a week for 6 weeks straight. Regardless of what i said before that, that statement would be the one that is attacked. And in truth i wasn't really attacking anyways.

I said it "sounds" insane, not "you are" insane.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    9/15/2005 1:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was just saying that you seperate stamina and sparring rather than using sparring for stamina because you have to do lots of stamina training to get more stamina, and if you did enough sparring for it to act as your stamina training you'd probably injure yourself before the competition, so running up hills and sparring less often is a better training mix.

Capiche?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2005 6:23pm

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    He was just saying that you seperate stamina and sparring rather than using sparring for stamina because you have to do lots of stamina training to get more stamina, and if you did enough sparring for it to act as your stamina training you'd probably injure yourself before the competition, so running up hills and sparring less often is a better training mix.

Capiche?
    I capiche. I just didn't like his example is all. Eh, but whatever.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2005 9:35pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Girl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't have to do a lot of stamina training to build stamina, you have to do hard stamina training to build stamina.....and it has to be specific to the sport or it doesn't yield much effect.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    9/16/2005 12:34pm

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AthleticGirl
    You don't have to do a lot of stamina training to build stamina, you have to do hard stamina training to build stamina.....and it has to be specific to the sport or it doesn't yield much effect.
    I wonder how true this is.
    Obviously knowing how to breath in any sport activity is a skill just as knowing how to use physical strength is. Despite this people still get better strength gains from doing strength training along side their normal training than from just doing the sport.

I would expect appropriate stamina training to cross over.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2005 12:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll
    I wonder how true this is.
    It isn't.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    9/16/2005 12:43pm

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdog
    It isn't.
    :5zombie:
    I'm not that suprised to tell the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345