Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 2:19pm

Style: Cho Hwa Mo Yang Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Increasing Stamina

I have been Training now for 2 years, december will mark the begining of my 3rd year of training. In that time I have lost weight, my belt has twice as many holes as it did when i started.

I started boxing with my friends for something to do saturday night and i found out that my strenght doesnt last longer then 3 mintues. I never had the chance to spar in class for more then 2 minutes.

My solution, for now, is Burpees and shadow boxing. both use all the muscles in my body and my lungs and so they have helped me.

what helped you guys?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 3:41pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    swim swim swim run swim run run run swim run swim run swim swim run run run swim swim swim swim run run run run swim swim swim run run run run swim run swim run runswim swim swim run swim run run run swim run swim run swim swim run run run swim swim swim swim run run run run swim swim swim run run run run swim run swim run runswim swim swim run swim run run run swim run swim run swim swim run run run swim swim swim swim run run run run swim swim swim run run run run swim run swim run runswim swim swim run swim run run run swim run swim run swim swim run run run swim swim swim swim run run run run swim swim swim run run run run swim run swim run runswim swim swim run swim run run run swim run swim run swim swim run run run swim swim swim swim run run run run swim swim swim run run run run swim run swim run run.

Questions?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 3:53pm

Style: TKD, western boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It didn't sound like his problem was with cardio. He stated he needs muscle endurance. To that I would recommend longer shadow boxing and sparring matches. Check out trainforstrength.com for endurance workouts.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 4:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spar more often and longer.

Timed rounds on the heavy bag.

Timed rounds shadow boxing, consider hand weights.

Run wind sprints.

Swim (sprints if you can).

8 counts, or similar calisthenics.

Push ups.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 5:00pm

Style: Cho Hwa Mo Yang Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actualy am trying to develop both

Swiming would be fun, but the only pools where i can do so are at gyms, and darn it all, im broke..... as for the run thingy, well i am 330 pounds with (explitave deleted) up knees. walking would be ok, but i can walk for hours with out a good cardio.

the burpees get my heart going after 20, the shadow boxing gets me ready in 3 mintues. but saddly, the shadow boxing becomes a mental endurance devleopment tool as well because it becomes boring.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 5:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the shadow boxing becomes a mental endurance devleopment tool as well because it becomes boring.
    You've touched on something quite poignant. Something which, I would say, is the only redeeming quality of dissimilar "cardio" activities; for the purposes of increasing the relative ease of one given kind.

My high school wrestling team had days in which they'd spend time swimming. Consquently, our wrestling team sucked balls. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that other teams didn't have fancy P.E. facilities and had to make due with plain old mats and bodies.

I'm no expert, but I think wrestling itself involves only mats and bodies.

We could be on to something here.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 6:51pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdog
    Spar more often and longer.

Timed rounds on the heavy bag.

Timed rounds shadow boxing, consider hand weights.

Run wind sprints.

Swim (sprints if you can).

8 counts, or similar calisthenics.

Push ups.

Damn you Lawdog!

I was too slow. :argue:
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    9/13/2005 5:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would have to say hill sprints. Hill sprints and striking the heavy bag.

I've added hill sprints into my weekly training over the last month and my fitness has imrpoved out of sight. Give yourself extra recovery time if you need it.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    9/13/2005 5:44am

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, this may be stupid to ask, but when you train do you train with your mouth piece on?

The transition from breathing unobstructed to breathing with something somewhat large in your mouth can definately **** with your breathing patterns and ultimately drain your stamina.

If not, then you should start training with it. This isn't really an exercise to help stamina, it's just a small detail that may help you a bit.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    9/13/2005 5:49am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    I would have to say hill sprints. Hill sprints and striking the heavy bag.

I've added hill sprints into my weekly training over the last month and my fitness has imrpoved out of sight. Give yourself extra recovery time if you need it.
    Can you read?
    He says he's 330 pounds and can't jog because of his knees.

Stone, I'm going to be a complete bastard here and sugest a diet. Most people who are 330 pounds are fat and without lugging that extra weight everywhere you'll find that you can keep going for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast