• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 5:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since Kimura admitted he cannot beat Oyama...and they knew each other well then Oyama must be a badass

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 6:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oyama did fight grapplers, one of his top students was a high level Judo player, Jon Bluming. Bluming didn't think he could defeat Oyama, and though Oyama didn't teach grappling I think he did study it.

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 10:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think people underestimate how strong Oyama was. Dude went NHB against pissed-off bulls and stone cold chopped off their horns (they have video of this). He fought 300 guys over the course of a couple days and wanted to keep fighting but there was no one left. He chopped the heads off of real bottles, not that "candy glass" crap Frank Dux pulls.

One thing's for sure, I wouldn't **** with him, if I was a grappler or otherwise. He wouldn't let you shoot, you try to get in close and you'll catch one in the ribs and hear a nice crack, you couldn't throw him for sake of his Judo knowledge.

*cough* ...but of course, he DID get beat by an old guy using Taiji.

--------------------
    And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 11:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that whole Taiji incident is greatly exagerrated.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2002 7:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what was the taiji incident? I am not a mas oyama afficionado...

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/21/2002 8:12am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My first hand account on Oyama. I met and saw Oyama (even took a punch from him, my fault didn't move fast enough) several times while I was training Kyokushin. He was noted as the feircest karateka ever. He was VERY strong and he did train grappling and taught some of it. I you get your hands on some of his Japanese books (the american ones are very watered down and many things are omitted) he shows some basic Judo and Jujutsu applications. He DID wrestle bulls (even though some of them were small) many pple talk negatively about this but if you look at the history of many okinawan masters this was a common show of skill. And for a Korean to rise as much as has he did in a soceity that treated forgeiners as barbarians says alot about him.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

Edited by - Asia on August 21 2002 08:14:25
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    8/21/2002 10:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Asia...did you took a light punch from him? Cause I know he can destroy most people with 1 or 2 punch

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/22/2002 1:24am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alt,

It was not light but not a pattened Oyama destruction punch. We were going through movements and actually I was not feeling it and Oyama decided to let me defend while he turned up the tempo a little. I failed to get out of the way of the punch fast enough and caught it in the chest as I was moving. I realized I didn't want to get it again and I knew he wasn't going full force.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345