Sponsored Links Spacer Image

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 11:38am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 11:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shu shu site
    Black Belt: When you reach the black belt level you will be 100% reactive, you will not ave to think at all, and it will be as if the opponent is in slow motion.
    100% reactive = meltdown. Self pwned.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 12:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mantis1997
    very aggressive style very easy to learn not long on forms very practical good against multiple opponents, weapons etc....is very similar to kenpo many of the same techniques which is not a bad thing not a competition style to offensive for that ie groin strikes and nerve strikes i think you would be pleased with how effective of a "fighting style"it is
    I call bullshido on those claims. Prove the multiple opponent bit -it's bollox. Any art that thinks it's 'good' against multiple opponents needs to test that hypothesis.

A load of Shou Shu'ers started spouting such claims on MAP and Tung Fu forums a couple of years back. They posted clips of their multiple opponent drills etc -which looked pants and were not at all realistic. In fact, compliant theatrics is a better description. Of course, on MAP they were allowed to make such claims...

And it's a "kempo" style. Many rediculous claims are made about D'Shifu (The late Mr Moore) which smell like bullshit too. Stuff like his "magic hands" nickname and beating hundreds of black belts in some test in Asia.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 12:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check www.martialartsplanet.com for lotsa threads on and by SS guys if you can bear the massive stupidity in them. The overall consensus of MAP posters is that they're pretty worthless.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 12:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anybody want to go into a school and challenge them? THat'd be funny, from what I hear, they're always up for that.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 2:49pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just make sure you go alone. Their multiple opponent training will leave them clueless when you come alone.

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 3:01pm

Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ''Black Belt: When you reach the black belt level you will be 100% reactive, you will not have to think at all, and it will be as if the opponent is in slow motion''

Teh MATRIX style?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2005 12:51am

Style: shou shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i know it is common place to bag on different styles in here fine but i do have first hand experience with this style it is basically al tracy kenpo but it is pretty effective i dont know any style that can defend against when you have your back turned and your opponent has his buddy jump you but one on one it is very effective and relatively simple to learn the technques make a lot of sense i am not here to speak on lineage or history of the style as i have researched and cannot back up any of the claims i just know that it has been effective for me. as far as going into one of there kwoons and challenging them i guarantee that would be a mistake as the average shou shuist(green belt and above)has complete confidence in his ability and would not back down odds are you would be dealing with anywhere from a mantis to a tiger shifu then i guarantee you would reget it not bragging just stating fact that would basically mean anywhere from a third to fifth degree kenpoist.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/14/2005 9:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mantis1997
    you would be dealing with anywhere from a mantis to a tiger shifu
    I love how your grades are correlated to dangerous sounding animals. I recall the Shou shu crowd getting in a tiss because some guy teaches kempo but doesn't have the Mongoose in it. Classic. It's like top trumps.

Shou Shu, the top trumps of Martial Arts!

My Long Dong sifu beats your Beaver Shifu!
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    9/14/2005 9:18am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is it these people have against punctuation?

Mantis, your post gave me a migraine! Furthermore, it's not about challenging anyone, it has more to do with watching a class, and obseving the students competence levels. Possibly having a spar with instructors and students in the interests of determining what's what at a school.

You already admit that the lineage of the style is completely unverifiable, and that it consists almost entirely of Tracy Kempo. These things make us curious. The site makes grandiose claims about effectivelness under situatiuons that are statistically untenable. That's a lot of Bullshido red flags.

So please, if you feel that the style in question is being maliciously maligned, and that you must set the record straight, please do so. We are all ears.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast