Posted On:
    9/10/2005 7:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shou Shu kung fu?

Moore's Karate:

So uh... can anyone tell me anything about Shou Shu kung fu... or Shou Shu "Karate" as the local schools call it.

Anyone? I can't find anything about it that isn't on the Moore's Karate website. I didn't think that any Kung Fu schools had colored belt systems, I've always been under the impression it's always been a sash system...

www.mooreschinesemartialarts.com Is their link.

I've gone in and sparred 4 of their top black belt students and I really only had trouble with one of them, being their top student and teacher who wasn't making thousands of dollars. He had really quick hands, but I eventually managed to outfootwork him and get a few body roundhouses, a crecent kick to the face and a leg sweep.

Anybody?
    Last edited by King Sleepless; 9/22/2005 1:26am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2005 7:54pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Blue Belt: When you reach the high blue belt level. You will be moving 3-5 time faster then you can now and will able to defend yourself against 2-3 people at the same time."

"Black Belt: When you reach the black belt level you will be 100% reactive, you will not have to think at all, and it will be as if the opponent is in slow motion."

Awesome :new_Llol:

Posted On:
    9/10/2005 8:00pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you can already defeat their top students there doesn't seem to be much incentive for you to attend this school.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2005 11:54pm

Style: Long Fist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I studied Shou Shu for several years and believed the story about it being a northern chinese mandarin system. I found out several years later that the system is primarily Tracy's Kenpo with some other elements mixed in. This can be verified by calling or emailing Al Tracy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2005 12:24am

Style: shou shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    very aggressive style very easy to learn not long on forms very practical good against multiple opponents, weapons etc....is very similar to kenpo many of the same techniques which is not a bad thing not a competition style to offensive for that ie groin strikes and nerve strikes i think you would be pleased with how effective of a "fighting style"it is

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    9/11/2005 1:32am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like typical stuff. 3/10
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/11/2005 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    If you can already defeat their top students there doesn't seem to be much incentive for you to attend this school.
    I don't want to attend it. I was just wondering about it.

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    9/11/2005 6:05pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ-
    "Blue Belt: When you reach the high blue belt level. You will be moving 3-5 time faster then you can now and will able to defend yourself against 2-3 people at the same time."

"Black Belt: When you reach the black belt level you will be 100% reactive, you will not have to think at all, and it will be as if the opponent is in slow motion."

Awesome :new_Llol:
    So you go from Jean-Claude Van Dam belt, to Miyamoto Musashi belt. After that, you will be Neo belt, and will be able to fight off 100 people.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    9/11/2005 7:06pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just your basic chinese style created by an American with Japanese conventions. Standard fare. One would actually have to check them out before making a call.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 4:34am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    Just your basic chinese style created by an American with Japanese conventions.
    I think the fact that the founder's ashamed of the style's real roots is a warning flag.

I predict a trend in 'authentic american' martial arts names like "Texan Kickboxing" or "Mad Jack's Dirty Wrasslin' Academy". 'American Jujitsu' is a good start.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast