Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 9:29am

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keberos
    It really tears me up when I see how GKR takes advantage of people. They target the mainstream which generally does not have any knowledge of martial arts and their various organisations. For every sensible martial artist who's recieved a visit form GKR and told them where to go, there are thousands who have been suckered in.

55 000 I believe was the last count?

And now GKR is in the US and the UK? It's like a plague if you ask me. I can assure you all the GKR is hardly a measure of the standard of martial arts here in Australia (although it just proves that there are a lot of really gullible people living here).
    GKR bloke metioned they have 71year old people as black belts. Any movement at that age is good. the last thing I want is my son telling me is he's a blackbelt in GKR karate NOOOOOOOooooooo.;'%#$@ coming second would be I'm gay

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 11:05am

Style: Shooto, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GKR is the epitomy of McDojo and pretty much everything bad in the martial arts world. The style was founded by "Concho" the conman in South Australia in the mid 80s, and since then has been shamelessly plugged to the blissfully ignorant masses.

Honestly, I can think of no worse MA organisation than this. It's not difficult to anticipate the quality you'll get from a club that advertises door to door, and hires people to be instructors with no previous experience.

Here's what they basically do. They hire bums off the streets and groom the kids in their classes to become consultants who go door to door. While working as consultants these people train three nights a week on a fast track programme which gets them from beginner to black belt in one year PROVIDING THEY'VE SOLD A MINIMUM NUMBER OF MEMBERSHIPS. Consultant pay is also dictated purely by the number of extra people that they sign up each week. I know this because I've actually met Daniel Taylor, GKR's "business manager" for my area. His wages are also determined by the number of people his consultants bring into the organisation.

So basically the karate is just a front. The organisation is really one giant, self-sustaining consultant producing queen alien.

They must be destroyed

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 11:12am

Style: Shooto, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiam
    I had some bloke come to my front door the other day looking for people interested in joining karate.Myself being interested in martial arts heard him out and let him come back latter to give me the full sales pitch,prices,location ect.It didn't interest me much when I was told it was non cantact.I was thinking of my 7 year old son. He was interested, but I got thinking if he done it for 2-3years and becomes a black belt in a non contact karate, it will be a false belief that he can fight. :new_cussi Although I think it is a rip off I will go down and have a look. I don't think we will be participating, as the price was 7-8 dollars a night plus $160 insurance. Unless I paid or joined the night he came knocking I would of got 50% off the insurance.
    And those prices are a disgrace! $160 for insurance is a complete crock of ****.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 11:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy
    So basically the karate is just a front. The organisation is really one giant, self-sustaining consultant producing queen alien.
    Call Ripley.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 11:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fresh off the block:
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 11:49am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MS Paint is teh deadly!

Still waiting for the punchline tho oh wait its in the second to last square

hardee hardee har

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 11:57am

Style: mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GKR is the epitomy of McDojo and pretty much everything bad in the martial arts world. The style was founded by "Concho" the conman in South Australia in the mid 80s, and since then has been shamelessly plugged to the blissfully ignorant masses.

Honestly, I can think of no worse MA organisation than this. It's not difficult to anticipate the quality you'll get from a club that advertises door to door, and hires people to be instructors with no previous experience.

Here's what they basically do. They hire bums off the streets and groom the kids in their classes to become consultants who go door to door. While working as consultants these people train three nights a week on a fast track programme which gets them from beginner to black belt in one year PROVIDING THEY'VE SOLD A MINIMUM NUMBER OF MEMBERSHIPS. Consultant pay is also dictated purely by the number of extra people that they sign up each week. I know this because I've actually met Daniel Taylor, GKR's "business manager" for my area. His wages are also determined by the number of people his consultants bring into the organisation.

They must be destroyed
    I could not believe my eyes when i read this.

WOW I had no idea the shittyness of Mcdojos could go so far.

What's next, people selling their religion door to door?

oh wait...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 12:16pm

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And those prices are a disgrace! $160 for insurance is a complete crock of ****.
    Well, no ****? :XXfart: Went today to ask Judo Federations training insurances, as they require that in my new club. Bah! Last one recommended one, but it wasnīt mandatory. 104 euros for basic training insurance. 217 for competition licence. AAAARGH!! When I competed in 80īs (Taido, yes not teh deadly. Letīs leave it to that hmmm...) it was in Marks, which means 1/6th of the price. :5bullwhip

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 12:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In UK, the SDF, BCA et al generally charge 15 pounds stirling (about $27) per year for member-member insurance (/including org membership) and that covers full contact training etc. In fact their instructor insurence is around eighty pounds ($140) for 5 million public liability cover. So if GKR (or anyone else in UK) is charging more.... hmmm...

n.b. Insurance for MA clubs is different in UK from in US.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 12:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys should strike up a deal with the school founders so that you can fake or get a real injury and collect all this nice insurance money (yes fraud!)
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast