Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 9:36pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Spastic
    AGAIN I must refer to my friend the little Canuck. She mentioned she could use chi to damage people. I obliged her and she prodded me near my armpit and I ALMOST expected something to happen.

It didn't. I may have felt a bit ill for a split second or something, but I'm then dizzy right now anyway and nobody's fucking with my meridians.
    That wasn't nausea, that was the sickening realization that your armpit was ticklish.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 10:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its funny, this sort of thing never ceases to amaze me. With all the publicity and bad press, how can anyone get suckered by this guy anymore?
    I know a guy here in town, a guy who I used to box with, that is a pretty solid fighter. He's tried alot of different arts over the years, knows how to ground fight pretty good and hits pretty hard as well, a good guy to spar with...but he goes to a Dillman seminar every once in a while and blows his cash. I try to talk to him about it, like "Hey man, why are you wasting your time on this ****, don't you know it's bogus?". But he doesn't want to listen.
    I guess maybe after people have been suckered and are embarassed by it it is easier to just stay in denial than admit you have done something really stupid.
    The shame about it is that this guy is a pretty decent fighter too.
    I don't understand it.
    :eusa_wall

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 11:33pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll be interested in watching the show that has him on it, the site said it airs the 22nd or 28th of this month on Discovery. I really hope they cover the material by showing both sides to the scams, in a close to scientific method approach. The channel that airs mythbusters can't promote Dillman, it's one of the last channels I'll actually watch on the damn tv.

Genius

Posted On:
    9/10/2005 12:55am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by relytjj
    The channel that airs mythbusters can't promote Dillman, it's one of the last channels I'll actually watch on the damn tv.

Unfortunately, Discovery sold out to pop culture long ago. They have had several shows that show "the historical validity of the bible" and "proof of psychics" and other such nonsense.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2005 1:17am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the info on the show. I'm gonna have to watch this.

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    9/10/2005 1:26am

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Unfortunately, Discovery sold out to pop culture long ago. They have had several shows that show "the historical validity of the bible" and "proof of psychics" and other such nonsense.
    I can remember when I actually discovered things on the Discovery Channel. Now it's fucking OCC all the tme, which I couldn't give much of a **** less about.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2005 3:57am

Style: BFP Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

George Dillman's explaination only indicated he is using hypnosis.

There is no throwing Chi in the martial arts although Mr. Dillman had gain lots of publicity. A person can touch a certain area and unbalance a person's health energy and cause illness and maybe eventually death. Just like accupunturess use accupunture points to correct illness. Just as Buddhist Monks of Tibet can meditated in the snow and their blanket steam and vapor as their body dries the blanket but that has nothing to do with martial arts. Alright this is my comment.
    Have a nice day people.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2005 6:11am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...just like someone can take a baby in his hands and make it melt

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2005 1:00pm

Style: One-armed flailing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wai Doo
    ... A person can touch a certain area and unbalance a person's health energy and cause illness and maybe eventually death. Just like accupunturess use accupunture points to correct illness...
    :5badair:

... NO. If you stick a needle in me I'm going to ask you for a band aid and a refund. I'm sorry, but acupuncture is bullshit. No way in hell can you convince me that sticking a tiny needle in the skin, not even deep into the musculature, can heal internal and external problems. Sure it might be relaxing or have a placebo effect on a number of individuals, but I just think that scientifically there is no way to prove its effectiveness.

Posted On:
    9/10/2005 1:02pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone able to record this in a digital form?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast