232757 Bullies, 3618 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

James Randi on George Dillman

From James Randi's commentary this week on the JREF website:

Danish reader Claus Larsen tells us about one of the programs in the Is It Real? series on the National Geographic Channel:

In the show "Superhuman Powers" (where Gary Schwarz and John Hagelin are also spouting their crap), there's one classic excuse from a martial arts expert and "Chi" thrower, George Dillman. After one of his top students has unsuccessfully tried to knock down [Luigi] Garlaschelli with "Chi," Dillman offers this explanation on why it didn't work:
    George Dillman

The skeptic was a totally non-believer. Plus I don't know if I should say that on film but if the guy had his tongue in the wrong position in the mouth, that can also nullify it. You can nullify it you can nullify a lot of things. In fact, you can nullify it if you raise those big toes! If I say I'm going to knock you out, and you raise one toe, and push one toe down....I can't knock you out. And then, if I go to try again, you reverse it. If you keep doing this, I won't knock you out.

Gee, whiz...not much use for this "Chi" force, then...

So it would appear, Claus. Id never heard this variety of alibi before, but Im not much surprised by it. We at the JREF will intensively research tongue positions and toe movements to provide sure-fire protection for our readers against the magic of Chi-throwing, which I believe is closely related to bull-throwing. I suspect that almost any tongue-in-cheek maneuver will be sufficient protection. I remind USA readers to watch this show either September 22nd or 28th on the National Geographic channel.

If only one of these chi or magic masters could show us that no-contact striking was real.
    Attached Images  

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 2:54pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've known about the tongue thing for years. Everybody knows teh tongue thing!

Dillman was set up...
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 2:54pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The whole thing is kind of beyond parody at this point, but good find nevertheless.

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 2:56pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moving to News.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 3:04pm

Style: Kara-ho Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I have seen some ki things done in real life but the ones who are real normally don't go public with it...dang it.

Capitalist Pig

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 3:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, no-gi, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what happens if the person is licking their toes when you try to knock them out? Does it redirect the energy back to you?

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 3:22pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i hear that if you squeeze your buttcheeks it puts the chi wielder into a coma...

but of course, that's just hearsay.

Genius

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 3:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar
    Well I have seen some ki things done in real life but the ones who are real normally don't go public with it...dang it.
    I doubt it. I've heard this kind of nonsense excuse from believers of mediumship and psychics as well. It makes me wonder if the "real" ones lose their powers as soon as they are discovered.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 3:30pm

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't dismiss this man's claims too readily, I have known people who can push many people at once out of the room with a chi force that is harnessed and released through thier sphincter.

Seriously though I know lots of people use the word "chi" to mean different things that can be legit (adrenaline, technique, muscle structure, whatever floats your boat, etc.), but I still can't believe that there are people so deluded to believe they can actually shoot some magical energy at people.

Did they have a bad acid trip?

I really don't understand how they believe thier own bullshit.
    Last edited by Bluto Blutarsky; 9/09/2005 3:33pm at . Reason: just adding more shit to say.

Genius

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 3:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have known people who can push many people at once out of the room with a chi force that is harnessed and released through thier sphincter.
    Sounds like a bunch of **** to me.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.
Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast