Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2006 10:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shao Lin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay. :( I guess i understand. I was sort of hoping someone would comment on the adulterous nature of the Soards. i.e. is it still true? I never did hear the end of that story and was curious. However, that particular sad saga has nothing to do with Martial Arts and everything to do with Gossip. So. Thank you.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/29/2006 2:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpingbum
    wow and I thought I was naive.... sigh....

I wasted 2 years and about 1000 bucks on the CSCs. Everything here is absolutely true. It is sad because people waste good portions of their lives and their, usually, limited incomes on it. Richard, I feel sorry for you, i really do. I loved the CSCs, but they got rid of some decent teachers and replaced them with idiots whose only ability was political. You will find, sadly, over time, that all said here is all too true.
    True. Politics rain supreme as do the training tactics.

In any case, the whole bruhaha about vegans vs non-vegans is found in the Denver and Boulder schools, not in the Colorado Springs school. I found it funny that when they ordered pizza at a Christmas party (no, they didn't call it that. it was one of three times that they held testing in Colorado) the non-vegan pizzas disappeared VERY quickly and the vegan ones sat around for HOURS.
    True but the COS instructor is not vegan.

It is also found at many of the other schools with vegan instructors. Imagine whispering about hunting because, you think you may get kicked out.

How about being told not to bring food (meat) into the school afetr hours, while cleaning up vegan food trays?

Also, a little known fact is one of their former instructors introduced them to veganism. Yes, the soards are barely pushing a decade, if that as, vegans.

Richard is used to KFO so this level of ridicule is new. If it gets ugly on KFO they threaten to ban and the thread calms down.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2006 6:20pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i sent a zoints message on this, and I apologize for being redundant... sometimes when one person doesn't know something, others don't know it, so i'll ask the same question here, with many bowings and scrapings. :)

What is KFO?

Thanks for your time! :)

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    10/29/2006 6:57pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i sent a zoints message on this, and I apologize for being redundant... sometimes when one person doesn't know something, others don't know it, so i'll ask the same question here, with many bowings and scrapings. :)

What is KFO?

You might mean KTFO. This is what will happen to you, should you choose to engage a competent fighter.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 3:30am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What is KFO?

Kung Fu Forums Online Look at the thread "is Shaolin-Do for real." It is a long ass thread with interesting answers which, lead to more questions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 5:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a noobie to all of this. Do you have a URL for KFO?I looked in google and found something that had been discontinued....

Thanks.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 5:54pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=32782

Have fun. Do read it all before you comment further.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 11:47am

supporting member
     Style: Death. Thats how it ends

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lord I had hoped all this would have died out but it doesnt look like it has. I train SD in Austin TX, I did my homework on the system and went in with eyes wide open to take what I needed and scrape off all the BS. I know some really good fighters in this system and I have learned quite a lot. So far I have had to use what I know only once to defend myself and it was very effective. Being 6'2 and 320lbs not to many people pick fights with me. I'm not some bad ass or Bruce Lee by any means. But I am quicker than I look and have learned to adapt what I have been taught to almost any situation.
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 12:09pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidComeAgain
    Lord I had hoped all this would have died out but it doesnt look like it has. I train SD in Austin TX, I did my homework on the system and went in with eyes wide open to take what I needed and scrape off all the BS. I know some really good fighters in this system and I have learned quite a lot. So far I have had to use what I know only once to defend myself and it was very effective. Being 6'2 and 320lbs not to many people pick fights with me. I'm not some bad ass or Bruce Lee by any means. But I am quicker than I look and have learned to adapt what I have been taught to almost any situation.
    Interesting no point but interesting.

The fact you don't see what you admitted is funny.

Anyway, Austin=/=Denver, Colorado thanks for bringing a thread back to life with no new information.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 3:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Complaints

Quote Originally Posted by artard
    ****, I completely forgot one of my huge beefs with the school which was their heavy ties to PETA & other psychotic "animal rights" organizations. Both of the Soards are vegans and as a result a good 50% of the 1nd blacks & higher are as well. I don't have a problem with that specifically because I have some non-psycho vegan friends outside of kung fu, but within CSC there were basically 2 groups of people at the higher levels: those who were vegans and everyone else. Several of the students who started at the same time as me became vegans the day they tested to black belt, to the mockery of me and my friends within the school because the only reason they did it was to hang out with the "cool kids" (guess how well that worked). I eat meat, I wear (and love) leather shoes and accessories, but I don't rub it in vegetarian's and vegan's faces, and I expect the same type of civil behavior from people on the other side, which I generally did not recieve.

Wearing a leather band watch would cause half the students in the school to glare at you for minutes on end and gun for you in sparring in a unhealthy way. Talking to a friend about getting a bite to eat after class at a resturaunt known to mostly serve dishes with meat in them would cause a know-it-all black belt to come up and lecture you about how cruel animal products are and how we can sustain ourselves without them and bullshit like that. The thing that bothered me most of all is this being pounded into the heads of the new students, especially by the high ranking attractive female students. It made me sick to watch half a dozen white belts circled around a 2nd black with a good presence while overhearing her lay out her entire vegan philosophy and lifestyle to them, with them nodding intently because they are unsure of the etiquitte at the school, not knowing they could just walk away if they wanted.
    I agree
    Last edited by goldenz; 2/19/2007 4:03am at .
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast