Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

MMA Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    9/10/2005 12:44am

Style: Jazzercise

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you still in boulder? If so, George Hernandez (kakes studios)is a great Tai Chi/ Wing Chun teacher and Amal Easton of BJJ Boulder is a bb from Renzo!

Posted On:
    9/10/2005 1:28am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Dude, this is the perfect set up.

Dude, do yourself a favor and don't EVER say anything good about me
    Actually I don't really hang out with either of my roommates much. They're good to live with, but not to hang out with. Besides, I think the older one knows he is full of ****, he just doesn't want to admit it. The other one doesn't drink or party. Not a lot of chance for excitement there. We came to the conclusion that we should not talk about martial arts about a week after move-in. They think what they think, I think what I think.

As far as saying what I think . . . last I checked, Bullshido still allowed me to voice my opinion. I think your style of posting is funny. Not an approach I would take, but it entertains me. You appear to have good credentials, are ex-military (I'm in the DEP, I ship next June) and are willing to bang, so I see no reason for you not to be welcome here assuming you don't start throwing out racial slurs, threatening people (other than the usual smack talk), etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2005 11:56am

Style: S

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shao-lin Do - Money and Power...

Its the same old thing and basically boils down to money and power....

The lineage is basically broken down to a group of schools/systems that don't really want to admit the others exist. Most (not all) want total control of the "art". Grandmaster The' does not run the art at all, he sits back and watches everyone fight, concerned that he will lose money if any of his "martial arts children" get upset. This is why the major camps that don't really want to admit the others exist and those are run by:

Master Leonard - KY
    Master Hiang - KY (Who renamed it and promoted himself to 10th black)
    Master Mullins - TN
    Master Grooms- GA
    Master Soards-CO

Put all the above in one room and watch the fireworks, but your not going to see all of the above in the same room (let alone talking). The ones from CO do the most bashing. The most controlling of the group are the ones from CO and KY. The ones from CO tell everyone that the art is copyrighted and is owned by them (Tai Chi, Shaolin, Pa Kua, basically what ever they teach; yet you can't control something you didn't create which means that either they are not being honest about their lineage (if its truely Shaolin then they can't have a copyright as they did not create it); but what has done is that many of the forms that are taught have had the moves changed a little from what everyone else is doing (especially their Tai Chi which is almost an exact copy of other schools Tai Chi forms). I would suspect that its similar to other movement arts. Change a move here and there and you can call it your own...
    They take credit (CO school) for other peoples work, and in many cases they have been downright dishonest, not only to some of their students/instructors (they have gone thru a ton of instructors over the years) but to each other as well. They have had ongoing marriage drama going on for years. Their vows to each other are not on solid ground, difficult to believe they could be honest to their students when they aren't honest with each other.
    The CO Masters bash other arts, other Masters, religion, their own students and instructors; (the higher level you get the more you hear) and they usually teach material so fast that most have a difficult time learning it. (a tactic to make sure you keep paying your dues). Why they claim as a "love of the art" is more accurate to be described as "love for control, power, and money". They give the attitude that they were a better beginning white belt when they started than you will ever become regardless as to your level.
    Grandmaster The' is an easy going person and usually does not make claims; its usually the lower level students doing all the claiming...

The real issue is if you enjoy what your learning and it helps you to get where your going then by all means keep training. But most of us didn't decided to join the art on how honest our instructors were; if we did many people would not be learning martial arts.
    Basically some of the Shaolin Do schools teach more about bashing others and creating political turmoil than teaching martial arts; and the sad thing is that some do this for fun....

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    9/26/2005 12:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sin The claims he melted a baby.

His students say it was bad translation, as in he "burned" a baby after his hands got real real hot when doing some iron palm stuff.

Probably lying to cover up Sin's crazy crazy claim after they realized that they live on planet earth. Can you imagine an old Asian FOB telling a room filled w mainly white peoples that he melted a baby with his bare hands? And that everyone in the room believed him?

Must have been the Bush family reunion.

Dad

Posted On:
    9/26/2005 12:27pm

Style: CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It wasn't a claim that HE did it, it was a sand-burn teacher. Not Sin The'. It was a second or third person account that Sin The' was telling, not something HE did.
    People of integrity expect to be believed. When they're not, they let time prove them right.

Posted On:
    9/15/2006 3:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin/kyokushin/Karate/

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar

.....along with this made up story about the dog faced monk in the checkered leasure suit who supposedly inhereted ALL of the shaolin system including the parts that aren't even part of Shaolin....it's a big fat made up lie and yes...I hold that against them.
    For Christ's sake! Why would you make up such an F*ed-up lineage, if you were tryin' to be legit??? Sounds counterproductive!

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/15/2006 3:20pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardocameron
    For Christ's sake! Why would you make up such an F*ed-up lineage, if you were tryin' to be legit??? Sounds counterproductive!
    lol...Shaolin-Do.

Posted On:
    9/15/2006 3:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Dude, this is the perfect set up. Take these Deadly Hounds from Hell to a Frat party or bar where the football players like to hang out and get stupid. Find the first Defensive Lineman or Linebacker that's looking a little **** faced and give him a nice ... big ... fresh ... cold beer ... wish him luck with the football season.

Let him drink a bit of it and then say "Man, you are cool and no way are you Gay ... I have no idea why that guy over there (point to a deadly boy) said you're an asshole and a queer."

Then go stand in the nearest corner ...

Stupid A$$ you'd prolly frakk wit Bruce Lee, 2, huh???

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    9/15/2006 3:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you're about 1 year too late to get an answer from JFS

Posted On:
    9/15/2006 3:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too bad. I have just joined, obviously.... It's just that we are all here b'cause we love martial arts...the "size-matters" **** only applies to the size of the FIGHT in the DOG. A punch is a punch, a kick is a kick...
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast