Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/17/2009 1:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Do/Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sigh...the sand burn masters used to spend years sticking their hands into...you guessed it, BURNING SAND. Then they rubbed nasty brown herbal **** on their hands, and scalded them even more. The story goes: the guy picked up the baby right after the scalding, cause the kid was crying, and burned him. As a result, the baby died, and the sand burn guy quit teaching. Hell, you can scald a baby with bath water if it's hot enough, and kill them. Happens every day...sad but true.
    Remember, GM Sin was like 5 when this happened. GM Sin has lots of cool stories from Indonesia. Was I there when it happened? No...I wasn't born yet. I've also heard many cool stories from my dad, who was on the beaches of Normandy during world war two...and I gotta admit, I never really bought into most of them. Nevertheless, when my dad died in 1998 the VA sent us a box that belonged to him, ( my dad was a disabled vet who died in a VA hospital...before you internet lawyers somehow infer that I'm making this up since the VA never sent your dads or uncles anything when they died...), and there were 3 purple hearts, a bronze, and a silver star in the box. My wife's grandpa, who was with the Army corp of Engineers, was pinned down at Angio beach for four months by German machine gun nests. They ate nothing but crackers and drank piss...he weighed 144 pounds when he finally got out, and he was about 6'-2" or 3". Now, I kinda thought some of that **** was exaggerated too...till he showed me his letter of appreciation from the French government.
    I'd love to stay and chat with you guys about who's bullshitting who, and how my grandpa singlehandedly helped Teddy Roosevelt start the Roughriders...but I gotta hit the gym. It's chest/back superset day!

Posted On:
    10/18/2009 6:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Do (and others)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DTANK - Check your visitor messages

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2009 7:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Do/Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One Student...check your visitor messages.

Thanks

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 5:42pm

Style: Kungfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is something some may find of interest.

http://shop.shaolingongfu.com/index....products_id=99

There is no mention of anyone listed in the Shaolin-Do lineage, but from what I have been hearing this contains the entire system that is known. Has anyone here heard of this set of books, or better can anyone who has actually seen them confirm their contents?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/26/2010 9:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo/Wing Chun/Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would posit this to all in the forum who take issue with Shaolin-Do; is there any proof that the grandmaster's of Shaolin-Do were not there? I would further posit, what affect did the Communist take over of China have upon the Shaolin temples and the records they maintained?

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 3:23am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like this topics been put to bed, just wanted to drop in my 2 cents about this "art". I spent a very short time training(i use that word very loosely) in this so called style and realized it was a complete waste of time and money, not to mention their origins seemed suspicious.

In the time I was there we were taught useless forms(till this day still can't get over the bird beak) that would never work in a real self defense situation and never once saw ANYONE spar. Most of the students were your chess club types that thought they were intellectually superior to everyone and filled with ego and false sense of confidence from their art, was almost sad how delusional they were.

The sifu had a huge ego, when he wasn't teaching he was either bragging on his abilities, bashing other arts, schools,races and the list goes on. One time our class was delayed for a half an hour cause he wanted to wait for his buddy-student to show up, cause of this we didn't get our full hour, needless to say at this point I was done.

The whole experience was a joke and a waste of time and money on many levels. I know this is just one school, but I'm sure the apple doesn't fall far from the tree after reading some of the posts on here.

In my opinion if you wanna learn real self defense, avoid Shaolin Do like the plague.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2011 6:43pm

Style: Kungfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What School, and location was this at? This would likely better be placed as a school review, but if you left after half of one class I can see where the review might be lacking. Perhaps others can add to it if you start it though.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/13/2011 7:43pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know this is an old post, still it is ridiculous:
    Quote Originally Posted by kenpo sage View Post
    I would posit this to all in the forum who take issue with Shaolin-Do; is there any proof that the grandmaster's of Shaolin-Do were not there? I would further posit, what affect did the Communist take over of China have upon the Shaolin temples and the records they maintained?
    The prove a negative defense?
    A HAIRY GRAND MASTER. No records of a HAIRY GRAND MASTER. Please, out of everything that survived the burning from books, to paintings, and other lineage you want us to think on whether proof of a HAIRY GRAND MASTER was destroyed?

We won't comment on the term Grand Master.

He had such a rare condition that there would be large amounts of records.

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 12:22am

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I know this is an old post, still it is ridiculous:
    The prove a negative defense?
    A HAIRY GRAND MASTER. No records of a HAIRY GRAND MASTER. Please, out of everything that survived the burning from books, to paintings, and other lineage you want us to think on whether proof of a HAIRY GRAND MASTER was destroyed?

We won't comment on the term Grand Master.

He had such a rare condition that there would be large amounts of records.
    I always wondered if they didn't just find that same pic that you see in all SD dojo/kwoons (Or at least the ones I've seen) at a yard sale somewhere and were like, "Hey, you know how we really don't have a lineage for this system we made up, well what about this..."

Edit: I think this is officially a zombie thread. Fucker refuses to die.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536