Posted On:
    10/14/2009 8:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Do (and others)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Yes they did . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DTANK View Post
    I don't know much about the modern day Shaolin monks...but they did look damn good peforming on that show, didn't they! Wish I could do some of the stuff they do!
    Looked very good, but research tells me they may be theatre performers hired by the Communist Government to put on shows. Doesn't mean they aren't good at what they do, though.

And, did you also catch "Deadliest Warrior"? Shaolin Monk vs. some Polynesian warrior, and Shaolin won. But, Ninja vs. Spartan (or Gladiator, I don't remember which), and Ninja lost! It was cheap though, the ninja ran away when he had a chance to strike a killing blow.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/14/2009 9:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Do/Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ok

Alright bud...you really got me curious now. Send me an email or look me up on facebook. My email address is ljl605@aol.com

I'm not too worried about revealing my identity here...in fact, I've already spelled out my name, first, middle, and last, and where I live, on this forum in recent posts. Anybody who claims to be my enemy can come on down. If you know me then you know that kinda **** doesn't bother me.

I have watched all the deadliest warriors...and they got the Shaolin monks right, but made the ninjas look like bitches.

No problem regarding the injury. I was an idiot playing full contact football with a bunch of college players. I was doing pretty good too till two of them fell square on my achilles tendon...frayed it. They were originally gonna peel down a layer of my calf and wrap it around the tendon to simulate a new one....and put me in a cast for 6 months, all for a possible 10 to 15% improvement. I declined. But recently, they were able to rebuild it with tendons taken from cadavers...(shudder). for a full 100% recovery. So I'm back on! I'm hoping to start a SD school here in Charleston.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/14/2009 9:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

?

Alright...is this Tim? Or maybe Frank? Cmon man!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/15/2009 3:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Henry Clay

Frank...remember that time back in 1978, at the tournament at Henry Clay High School, when we were both brown belts? I whipped you that day, cause you were jumping up and down and ate a roundouse on one of your upward jumps! hehe

I'll know this is Frank if you rise to the bait...

DT

Posted On:
    10/15/2009 8:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Do (and others)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Not me

Quote Originally Posted by DTANK View Post
    Frank...remember that time back in 1978, at the tournament at Henry Clay High School, when we were both brown belts? I whipped you that day, cause you were jumping up and down and ate a roundouse on one of your upward jumps! hehe

I'll know this is Frank if you rise to the bait...

DT

Wasn't me. Not Frank (Mingione?), not Tim (Nance or Kelly?). Anonymity is a curious thing. Much freedom is gained. Much fun is had. But I don't mean to bug you. If you really want to see a train wreck, check out the nearly six years of posts, mostly about SD at:

Is Shaolin-Do for real? - Kung Fu Magazine Forums[url]

That's what got me started taking up for SD, but also admitting (and learning more about) some of its flaws. If you don't figure me out I'll send you something by email.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 9:10am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dear "Not Frank"

Wow...ok so you're not Frank Mingone, or Tim Nance. Tom Eagle? Come on! You're killing me here! Send me an email or something, a clue, anything.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    10/17/2009 11:46am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It Is Fake, I was referring to, roughly, posts #286-300 or so. They were all about various belt rankings and comparing the value of belts across arts and who can beat who . . .

DTANK, a member here, Antagony, stated that he was at a Shaolin-Do seminar and listened to Sin The tell the story of the Master of the Hot Hand who accidentally (melted/burned/whatever semantic substitution you prefer today) his baby. Was Antagony lying about that firsthand experience?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/17/2009 12:52pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    It Is Fake, I was referring to, roughly, posts #286-300 or so. They were all about various belt rankings and comparing the value of belts across arts and who can beat who . . .
    Yeah, I ignored that part. My apologies.

DTANK, a member here, Antagony, stated that he was at a Shaolin-Do seminar and listened to Sin The tell the story of the Master of the Hot Hand who accidentally (melted/burned/whatever semantic substitution you prefer today) his baby. Was Antagony lying about that firsthand experience?
    No. I heard that story, from his mouth, when I was in. It wasn't melted at that time it was burned.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/17/2009 12:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dunno

Dunno bud...I've known GM Sin for 35 years and have heard the story waaaaaaaaayyyy more times than I care to admit, and I've never heard him say that a baby was melted. I have heard countless times that a baby was badly burned, and died as a result. So no, I'm not calling anyone anything, just saying that I've never heard GM Sin say the word, "melted", in reference to this story, (and a big fat who gives a flying F***?).
    Also...when I was training for full contact my manager, John Ormsby, took me to approx. a dozen schools around the Cincinnati area, from Tae Kwon Do, to Kempo, etc, etc., where I fought whoever they wanted to send against me. They usually started out with a couple of black belts, and ended with the top owner/instructor. I did more than fine. Years later, while training at LA Boxing, I fought numerous MMA instructors, and again...did just fine and dandy.
    HOWEVER...my trainer brought an older, thirty something, kinda paunchy looking, heavyweight boxer to my school one day to spar with me. I was 23, trained 6 hours a day, and weighed 168 lbs, with about 4% bodyfat. I was young, cocky, supremely confident. Hell, I was so fast even I couldn't see what I was doing half the time. This boxer looked fat, old, and moved slow and talked even slower. I thought I was going to toast his head for breakfast. All I remember is...the punch didn't even look that quick to me. One second I was standing there, the next, someone had flipped off the light switch and I was about 10 feet back from where I'd been. I actually thought we'd had a power outage. I looked over at my manager, and he had a deer in the headlights look with his mouth hanging open. ( Later, he told me he was just shocked I was still standing). My point is simple, all you young, cocky wannabes need to realize: there's ALWAYS somebody out there who can kick your ass, regardless of what style you're in, or how "bad" you think you are. The only thing you can do is try to be the best version of yourself. Pick some things you do really well, and focus on them till they become yours. Then make your opponent play your game. Even then, there's ALWAYS somebody out there who can kick your ass.
    Guys, there are plenty of poor fighters out there in many different styles/systems. I'm not arguing that SD probably has more than their fair share of less than average fighters, especially since the advent of the Sportscenter in the eighties. However, there are also plenty of excellent fighters as well. I really think that your time and energy would be better spent going to the gym, school, dojo, whatever...than worrying about everybody else, or who can whip who.
    Last edited by DTANK; 10/17/2009 1:29pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2009 1:04pm

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So this The has said, on numerous occasions, that the baby was burned to death by his masters chi-channeling. But melted? Nooo, thats just silly and ridiculous... WTF???
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 253132333435 36 LastLast