Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/13/2009 2:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Do/Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Snow?

Dude, I'm in Charleston South Carolina...what snow? It was 78 and sunny here last Christmas!

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/13/2009 2:21pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh If move there you'll get it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/13/2009 2:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come on down...I got two extra bedrooms. Im onna beach. Bring the fam

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/13/2009 2:30pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, thanks for the offer. If you are anything like the Cook brothers I know you are sincere.

I do not like to fly. I haven't been on a plane in 5 years. If I can help it, I won't be on one for a long time. Ironically, I work at the airport and can fly for free.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/13/2009 2:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? Guy...get on the damn plane already! Check me out on facebook. You know my name. I still have a 15 and 16 year old at home. Take a valium and grab the wife and kids, by the time you come to...you'll be here.

Posted On:
    10/13/2009 9:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Do (and others)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Love is all we need

Quote Originally Posted by DTANK View Post
    Really? Guy...get on the damn plane already! Check me out on facebook. You know my name. I still have a 15 and 16 year old at home. Take a valium and grab the wife and kids, by the time you come to...you'll be here.
    Just a few pages ago, IIF and DTank were calling each other filthy names and talking about each others' private parts in a non-favorable manner. Now they are going to move in together and start a commune on the beach. Isn't SD great?

And then Mr. Gwinn comes in and tries to spoil everything with old debunked stories. Another thread on another site went on and on comparing the circus guy with Su Kong Tai Djin, someone even found numerous historical photos, and the consensus was, they weren't the same guy. Although some continued to debate it.

Hey Dtank -- how long you been in SC? I was in Hilton Head a few years ago I might have looked you up. And, I guess your back or whatever got better? I seem to remember it had put you out for awhile. Again, the recovery must have been a byproduct of SD, no doubt.

DTank, for your info, it was widely circulated that at least one of the monuments in China was bought and paid for by the Soards. Maybe IIF knows more about that, but it was all over that other site. Along with the stories that many Japanese and Korean schools also had monuments there, for a price, including I think the much criticized USSD schools. I myself have doubts about the current Temple being much more than a Disneyland for martial artists. They did a Broadway show for goodness sake, and were on that "Champions of Dance" or whatever that TV show was called.

Peace everyone.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/14/2009 8:13am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Absolutely

Yes, One Student. IIF and I were getting some good punches in on each other...most of it out of frustration. He's frustrated with the West, I was frustrated by all the SD bashing, ( and wasn't aware of the whole East vs. West thing), and so I over reacted. After talking to IIF and finding out the truth...I feel bad for the guy for what he's been through, and so the offer to visit Charleston was, and is, a sincere one. I didn't REALLY ask him to move in...but I laughed out loud at your comments! Very humerous, and I love humerous.

My back was never out...but I did rupture an achilles tendon a few years back playing football, ( go figure, all those years of MA, and I get hurt playing football). Which brings up a good point...do I know you?

I've been in SC for about a year, and it's pretty sweet! I do miss Lexington, KY, and many of the oldtimers from SD.

I don't know much about the modern day Shaolin monks...but they did look damn good peforming on that show, didn't they! Wish I could do some of the stuff they do!

My reasons for being here are simple. I've been out of SD for awhile, but am rekindling my MA. My tendon has been repaired, I'm working out 5-6 days a week..."Restoring the TANK". Sure, it's old and rusty...and it will never run as good as it used to, but I'm determined.

GM Sin, EM Bob Green, EML, EM Eric Smith, SM Tim Nance, and many others...I miss those guys, and it pisses me off to see them disrespected on an internet forum. So I get defensive...my bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2009 8:59am

Style: Choy Lee Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Student View Post

DTank, for your info, it was widely circulated that at least one of the monuments in China was bought and paid for by the Soards. Maybe IIF knows more about that, but it was all over that other site. Along with the stories that many Japanese and Korean schools also had monuments there, for a price, including I think the much criticized USSD schools. I myself have doubts about the current Temple being much more than a Disneyland for martial artists. They did a Broadway show for goodness sake, and were on that "Champions of Dance" or whatever that TV show was called.

Peace everyone.
    The Soards bought the one at Songshan & at one of the Fujian restored temples. The "East Coasters" bought the one at Chen Village.

At Songshan, there are stele's from all over... I saw TKD & TSD in English, more in Chinese & Japanese that I didn't know or was able to read. If you have the money, you can have your stele at Songshan.

Posted On:
    10/14/2009 8:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Do (and others)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bashing needs defended

Quote Originally Posted by DTANK View Post

GM Sin, EM Bob Green, EML, EM Eric Smith, SM Tim Nance, and many others...I miss those guys, and it pisses me off to see them disrespected on an internet forum. So I get defensive...my bad.
    No, not bad. As you might be able tell by my profile and limited posting history, I don't spend a lot of time on the internet. I only stumbled upon another site when I was looking for a Chinese version of a kama, or "grass sickle" in preparation for learning those forms from GMS recently. I then found entire websites dedicated to bashing SD and many who you name, many with simply false stories, and much of it came not from GMS or the elder/senior masters, but because of the deeds and words of others who have gone other ways and not done so in a way to cast SD in a positive light. Much "discredit" goes to the West branch, who I can't speak to having never met any of them and only heard stories -- but I can't remember any good ones. I only felt compelled to post when necessary to set people straight, as I've done from time to time. Especially when they present unjustified attacks on people I know personally, like many of those you have named and defended as well. Others have shared with me, I share back when I can. And I have also defended many of those we both know, too, and I would again.

And I'm glad you liked the humor and took my jesting in that light, which is what I intended. Indeed we know each other, from WAY back, but if I revealed my true identity publicly all my enemies would come down on my freinds and family, like Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane.

Sorry I got the back injury wrong, I just seemed to remember an injury taking you out of training for awhile.