Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162223242526 27282930 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 12:43pm

Style: Shaolin/Judo/JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow! I had checked in and found this thread still going. Amazing.

Yes, I studied SD for several years. Was a senior instructor and Leonard's senior student. Of course, i also was involved in other arts/systems and caught grief from several other instructors for it. Sin The' never gave me a hard time and I hated it when he and Hiang parted ways.

Over the years I learned many valuable lessons in SD. Even if it was how not to run a training program. I agree some of the lineage is highly questionable, as well as some of the material that is put out. As I had Judo rank when I came in, I already had a ground game and taught it to my students. Yes, leonard has a tremendous ego and he is the epitome of hypocrite (spelling?). When I retired from the military and came back, I was unwilling to play his/their silly little games any longer and went off on my own as an independent.

Bottom line, they have some good stuff and a lot of BS. There are instructors within the group that can prepare you for the street and then there are the John Price types. Study what you enjoy and try to keep a realistic attitude if you expect to use it on the street.

Remember: The cavalry is not coming and YOU will need to take an active role in your rescue. Make sure you are prepared.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 12:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Spirit

Bottom line, they have some good stuff and a lot of BS.
    That sums up my experience. IMO the BS outweighs the "some" unless you have a really good teacher with, other art experience.

IMO those are few and far between.

Posted On:
    2/22/2009 1:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mt and sub grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    damn i read this whole thread and im proud of that. im shocked to hear that news bout david being that i was a student of his in boulder.
    i joined shoalin do when i was a pre teen and the whole atmosphere sucked me in and i fell for all thier b.s. i found out the hard way that shaolin do wasnt that effective tho because i walked around with an inflated sense of skill and this made me arrogant i ended up fighting a wrestler cuz i thought wrestling was b.s. and couldnt stand up to shaolin do long story short i was wrong. next i got in a fight with a boxer and i thought cuz it would be standing that i would win cuz i knew kicks i got koed in prolly half a minute (lucky i didnt get seriously injured from both altercations). those two experinces got me thinking seriously about joining boxing or some more competiton oriented styles.
    after a couple more scraps i noticed that these "skills" werent helping at all and i started boxing a couple weeks after my 14th birthday. /rant
    im glad i found this thread and am not surprised that it is here i also noticed a couple posters on here that i know. im glad that there are people here exposing this stuff it definetley gave me some closure on this.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/22/2009 11:20am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krsd View Post
    In recent news of the CSC faction:
    Elder Master David Soard of Boulder, CO, was tried for charges of unwanted sexual contact on Jan. 28 and Jan. 29, 2009 in Colorado Springs, CO. case # 07M10204. The original police report filed is CSPD 0733976.

This was not an isolated allegation, and though there were several testimonies on file with the prosecutor the judge did not allow additional testimony.

Unfortunately, he was found not guilty.
    Out of curiosity what rank were/are you?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 11:22am

Style: Kungfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd rather not reveal too much personal info publicly at this point. I'm guessing you can understand why given what you have revealed about your own past on these boards.

I will say though that I am not, and was not, personally involved in either that case or any others. However, I do know and trust several of the people involved.
    Last edited by krsd; 2/23/2009 11:26am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 11:30am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I noticed your location so, I was curious if I knew you or not. Trust me, (well as much as you can on the internet) I'm not doubting your story.

Let's just say one of my people laughed (not ha ha funny but wow) because, I said something about this roughly 4 years ago.

That eventually, something like this was going to go down.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 11:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I noticed your location so, I was curious if I knew you or not. Trust me, (well as much as you can on the internet) I'm not doubting your story.
    I didn't figure you were, it is after all a matter of public record and I listed off the related info for anyone who wanted to verify it. I have heard that there is more happening with this now, but I'll wait until I have more verifiable info (and the info for others to verify should they choose) before I post more on that.

Let's just say one of my people laughed (not ha ha funny but wow) because, I said something about this roughly 4 years ago.

That eventually, something like this was going to go down.
    I can completely believe that. I had thought I had caught wind of a rumor to this effect, about 3-4 yrs ago, (Which actually led me to these boards), but hadn't been able to find out anything further or more definitive.

If you were in the area at that time it is very possible that we have met, possibly/probably even sparred if you attended class in the area as well. (And thanks for the heads up, I hadn't realized that my location would be publicly viewable until you pointed it out) :)

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 11:47am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No problem that's why I didn't name the location in my post. I thought you might want to remain anonymous. Keep us updated because, I'm curious even if he was found not guilty at this time.

We very well may have sparred/met. Heck you probably heard the rumor about me (no not sexual).

I ran into it on accident and had someone tell me I was wrong. It was hilarious because, I'm the person the rumor was about. That was one of the final nails in the coffin for me and CSC/SD.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 11:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No problem that's why I didn't name the location in my post. I thought you might want to remain anonymous.
    Thanks.

Keep us updated because, I'm curious even if he was found not guilty at this time.
    Agreed, something like this definitely affects a lot of things including what sort of warnings and recommendations you might give to others. I certainly would have dealt with some things in the past differently had I known about even half of this. From what I have been hearing though it is certainly not over.

We very well may have sparred/met. Heck you probably heard the rumor about me (no not sexual).

I ran into it on accident and had someone tell me I was wrong. It was hilarious because, I'm the person the rumor was about. That was one of the final nails in the coffin for me and CSC/SD.
    Hehe. Yeah? If you don't mind telling, what was the rumor? I've heard all sorts of rumors over the years, some right, some wrong, some completely amazingly unbelievable. Hard part of course is differentiating between them when there are so many.

Out of curiosity, did you attend the same school? (Since you caught my location). Alternately if you want to take this to PM I can give you an alternate way of contacting me.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 12:02pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krsd View Post
    Thanks.

Agreed, something like this definitely affects a lot of things including what sort of warnings and recommendations you might give to others. I certainly would have dealt with some things in the past differently had I known about even half of this. From what I have been hearing though it is certainly not over.

Hehe. Yeah? If you don't mind telling, what was the rumor? I've heard all sorts of rumors over the years, some right, some wrong, some completely amazingly unbelievable. Hard part of course is differentiating between them when there are so many.

Out of curiosity, did you attend the same school? (Since you caught my location). Alternately if you want to take this to PM I can give you an alternate way of contacting me.
    PM are off for you right now, due to trolling and spammers, how about an alternate?
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162223242526 27282930 ... LastLast