Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 1:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by artard
    So did you read my post because that was kind of the point of it...? I'm getting this vibe that you read "shaolin-do" in the title and assumed I posted a 10 paragraph defense of the school so pulled out your generic "shaolin-do sucks and you are delusional" response without actually reading what I wrote..
    Pretty close.

It is a HUGE organization and by simple virtue of the endless numbers of schools teachers, etc. they have a wide variety of personality types and attitutdes towards the "cult of The' ". However, the entire concept is offensive right from the get go. I would care far less if they were just some random school claiming to teach "martial arts". Unfortunately, since they claim to teach many of the things I have actually studied and sort of simultaneously leaching off of their reputation and smearing it at the same time. . . I have a hard time not caring.

If they were a backyard computer software company in someone's garage selling their own little home made OS called "WindowsXP" you get bet they'd be shut down in an instant. If I was the CEO of Volkswagon and there were shitty little Chinese manufacture cars that put the Volkswagon logo on them and sold them in the US I'd be all over that like white on rice.

Now it so happens that I have actually trained a bit of real Shaolin gong fu, the southern kind and seeing that garbage passed off as Hung Gar pisses me off. I have and still do train Baguazhang for quite some time and THAT mockery of the style get's me annoyed as well.

I do appreciate that people train for all kinds of reasons and even a basic YMCA "Karate" class can be a real good idea for a lot of people. Truth in advertising. Passing it off as Shaolin, Taiji, Bagua, Hsing Yi and everything else under the sun along with this made up story about the dog faced monk in the checkered leasure suit who supposedly inhereted ALL of the shaolin system including the parts that aren't even part of Shaolin....it's a big fat made up lie and yes...I hold that against them.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 1:58am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Shaolin Do SUCKS and Sin is a completel wanker ... an ass clown ... he doesn't even rate being laughed at. "Belts" ... yeah ... right ... I've seen some of their "forms" ... total ****.

If you're in Colorado you would be far better off to go with something at least reasonably decent ... go see DeThouras ... Silat ... if you need an intro to him PM me. The BEAST
    Listen to this guy. I live in KY, which is basically the origin of the scam. Both of my roommates were/are taken in by it. Both are black belts, I believe. THE ARE TEH DEADLY. All I hear out of them is "This is a war art, you would never use this on a person unless you wanted to kill them . . . " how they know this is beyond me, as NO ONE EVER SHOWED ME ANY PROOF OF PEOPLE DYING BY GETTING OPEN-HAND SLAPPED IN THE RIBS.

At any rate, listen to JFS USA as he appears to be a really good source of knowledge about TCMA. Also, I think he is really funny in that he will argue with people until the end of time. I think he is just fucking around, but maybe I am wrong. Seriously JFS USA, I like you. Source of knowledge + funny = please stick around.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 2:55pm

Style: armchair warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What does Bagua and Hsing-i have to do with Shaolin?

Thanks for the report.

I wonder why these bipolars enjoy so much success. They don't have anyone to answer to. Since their background is of their own design, they are the pinnacle of martial arts achievement. Their phoney styles always have everything but the kitchen sink.

Leonard's bio states that he started in 1967 and The's biography says that Ming retired in 1968. Apparently Ming died in 1976 which wasn't that long ago. Do you know if any of his highest students, like the soards ever met Ming or any of Ming's contemporaries?

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 3:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kepetri
    DeThouras? Is/was he somehow associated with William Reeders?
    It's "Willem Reeders" and Liu Siong has been dead for years. I've spoken with his Widow in the past.

I have no idea if the two Men were ever "associated" ... as Dutch Indos they might have exchanged things regarding Silat ... Kuntao ... I have no idea. Call DeThouras up and ask him. The BEAST

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 3:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean
    Listen to this guy. I live in KY, which is basically the origin of the scam. Both of my roommates were/are taken in by it. Both are black belts, I believe. THE ARE TEH DEADLY. All I hear out of them is "This is a war art, you would never use this on a person unless you wanted to kill them . . . " how they know this is beyond me, as NO ONE EVER SHOWED ME ANY PROOF OF PEOPLE DYING BY GETTING OPEN-HAND SLAPPED IN THE RIBS.
    Dude, this is the perfect set up. Take these Deadly Hounds from Hell to a Frat party or bar where the football players like to hang out and get stupid. Find the first Defensive Lineman or Linebacker that's looking a little **** faced and give him a nice ... big ... fresh ... cold beer ... wish him luck with the football season.

Let him drink a bit of it and then say "Man, you are cool and no way are you Gay ... I have no idea why that guy over there (point to a deadly boy) said you're an asshole and a queer."

Then go stand in the nearest corner ...

At any rate, listen to JFS USA as he appears to be a really good source of knowledge about TCMA. Also, I think he is really funny in that he will argue with people until the end of time. I think he is just fucking around, but maybe I am wrong. Seriously JFS USA, I like you. Source of knowledge + funny = please stick around.
    Dude, do yourself a favor and don't EVER say anything good about me ... you don't want to poison yourself by association and there are some good peeps on Bullshido who have been offended by me.

I'm "Toxic By Design" ... come 9/17 after kicking Evil Asia's ass it's going to be real ... interesting ... The BEAST

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 4:56pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PassiveFist
    What does Bagua and Hsing-i have to do with Shaolin?
    Good question. I wondered this about many of the assorted styles they taught and their answer was always that shaolin was "a compilation of all forms of kung fu that have been developed over the last 1500 years" (including non tai chi internal styles). This was pretty much their excuse to teach anything and everything they could and have it all fall under the "shaolin" label. I've never seen someone outside of CSC doing Bagua or Hsing-I forms so I couldn't tell you if the ones taught at CSC are anything like them.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveFist
    Leonard's bio states that he started in 1967 and The's biography says that Ming retired in 1968. Apparently Ming died in 1976 which wasn't that long ago. Do you know if any of his highest students, like the soards ever met Ming or any of Ming's contemporaries?
    The Soards claimed that they trained with him at least a couple times when he was in the states in the mid 70s (which was right around when they first started), but I never heard any specific details about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 5:10pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, I completely forgot one of my huge beefs with the school which was their heavy ties to PETA & other psychotic "animal rights" organizations. Both of the Soards are vegans and as a result a good 50% of the 1nd blacks & higher are as well. I don't have a problem with that specifically because I have some non-psycho vegan friends outside of kung fu, but within CSC there were basically 2 groups of people at the higher levels: those who were vegans and everyone else. Several of the students who started at the same time as me became vegans the day they tested to black belt, to the mockery of me and my friends within the school because the only reason they did it was to hang out with the "cool kids" (guess how well that worked). I eat meat, I wear (and love) leather shoes and accessories, but I don't rub it in vegetarian's and vegan's faces, and I expect the same type of civil behavior from people on the other side, which I generally did not recieve.

Wearing a leather band watch would cause half the students in the school to glare at you for minutes on end and gun for you in sparring in a unhealthy way. Talking to a friend about getting a bite to eat after class at a resturaunt known to mostly serve dishes with meat in them would cause a know-it-all black belt to come up and lecture you about how cruel animal products are and how we can sustain ourselves without them and bullshit like that. The thing that bothered me most of all is this being pounded into the heads of the new students, especially by the high ranking attractive female students. It made me sick to watch half a dozen white belts circled around a 2nd black with a good presence while overhearing her lay out her entire vegan philosophy and lifestyle to them, with them nodding intently because they are unsure of the etiquitte at the school, not knowing they could just walk away if they wanted.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 5:27pm

Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I met a girl on a flight from atlanta to dulles who had some level of brown in SD. When she started describing how they were training her to fight multiple attackers I about **** myself. We didn't speak the rest of the way there:)

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 6:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xingyifa
    I met a girl on a flight from atlanta to dulles who had some level of brown in SD. When she started describing how they were training her to fight multiple attackers I about **** myself. We didn't speak the rest of the way there:)
    Dude ... you are clueless ... okay? Dulles sucks to begin with ... nightmare to get in and out of ...

Secondly, you tossed a chance for aggressive sex ... all because of a self-induced bowel problem ... The BEAST

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 6:32pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by artard
    ****, I completely forgot one of my huge beefs with the school which was their heavy ties to PETA ...
    Dude ... WTF is your problem?

P(eople) E(ating) T(asty) A(nimals) is a great organization. The BEAST
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast