Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 10:41am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And if we were all 1.61624 10^−35 m tall it would matter. Seriously... you make Baby Quantum Jesus cry with this speculation. The next person who attempts to use quantum physics to justify, support, or reinforce a point had better make some fucking amazingly cogent argument or I am going to make you butt hurt.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 10:44am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You were in the East you didn't get the **** he (goldenz) got.

I know where he's coming from give him a small break. If he keeps it up then rip him a new asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 12:41pm

Style: Systema & BJJ noob,x BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locu5
    And if we were all 1.61624 10^−35 m tall it would matter.
    That's how tall ninjas are, which is why they are invisible. They only get bigger when they need to kill someone. It's all quantum.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 1:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Have you ever been in a Mcdojo or taught possible bullshido?
    Many years ago I spent a few months at a Shaolin Do school. I quit after my yellow belt test when I realized that I didn't like the process of learning/practicing forms for advancement. I can't really comment on the bullshido/mcdojoism because I don't recall seeing any, probably wouldn't have known it if I did see it, and just don't remember that well.
    Last edited by Chameleon; 6/26/2007 1:06pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 1:58pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon
    Many years ago I spent a few months at a Shaolin Do school. I quit after my yellow belt test when I realized that I didn't like the process of learning/practicing forms for advancement. I can't really comment on the bullshido/mcdojoism because I don't recall seeing any, probably wouldn't have known it if I did see it, and just don't remember that well.
    Thank you for your honesty.

So, you didn't stay in long enough or had a decent teacher. Goldenz isn't in the same boat. He has obviously been in long enough to have his views slightly skewed.

Give the guy a small break. It took me a while to reach the conclusion on these things. It is hard to just drop something you think is legit. Then suddenly you find out it may be bullshido.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 3:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Give the guy a small break.
    If he enjoys Shaolin-Do, more power to him. I don't have any problems with it.

My gripe is the psuedoscience implying Taoist internal arts are based on principles that modern quantum physics has verified.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 4:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon
    If he enjoys Shaolin-Do, more power to him. I don't have any problems with it.

My gripe is the psuedoscience implying Taoist internal arts are based on principles that modern quantum physics has verified.
    Makes sense to me, I was just specualting/philosophizing, based on a book called the "Tao of Physics". Give it a read sometime. If you like physics and Taoism it makes some good comparisons. This is not taught at Shao-lin Do. Pehaps the best way to describe chi is to call it bullshit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 6:13pm

Style: Proudly Shaolin Do.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even though I have no idea how the discussion of this forum switched from Shaolin-Do to quantum physics I would like to voice my opinion of Shaolin-Do. Myself being a student for five years and having mixed feelings about it.

Shaolin-Do is criticized by many people because it sticks to the old ways of training where you HAVE to practice in order to understand and learn, where as many other places you can slack off and be lazy and still succeed.

As for any comments on Grand Master Sin The' are best kept to yourself, no one can truly say what one well trained man can do. I myself have seen him do things that completely defy logical explanation. I also believe that opinions about people should stay off the net, so if you truly dislike his wonderful training so much I suggest you track him down and tell him so. I'm sure he'd find you whining quite amusing.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 6:57pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Tao

Shaolin-Do is criticized by many people because it sticks to the old ways of training where you HAVE to practice in order to understand and learn, where as many other places you can slack off and be lazy and still succeed.
    No that isn't true. Most people, even the haters, admit that most schools have a good cardio workout. They may laugh at the unifiroms but, you rarely see the fat jokes for SD pictures.
    As for any comments on Grand Master Sin The' are best kept to yourself, no one can truly say what one well trained man can do. I myself have seen him do things that completely defy logical explanation.
    Yes. Well, that is your opinion.

I also believe that opinions about people should stay off the net, so if you truly dislike his wonderful training so much I suggest you track him down and tell him so. I'm sure he'd find you whining quite amusing.
    People have and some questions are left unanswered.

People have been threatened by people like you.

Some questions have been answered.

The net is the net. Deal with it.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 9:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenz
    Makes sense to me, I was just specualting/philosophizing, based on a book called the "Tao of Physics". Give it a read sometime. If you like physics and Taoism it makes some good comparisons. This is not taught at Shao-lin Do. Pehaps the best way to describe chi is to call it bullshit.
    My recommendation is that you find a better book for layman's understanding of quantum phenomena.

Now, back to Shaolin-Do ...
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast