Chemist

Posted On:
    9/10/2005 2:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    This only works if they REALLY suck. Most people wont just allow themselves to be rolled and can manage their weight.
    right, which will allow you to create space and shrimp into guard, this mainly works for Judo because they're trying to hold the pin and not going for the submission, which is what I think he's having trouble with

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2005 5:18pm

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, ok, I suck, he gave it to me to teach me. Thanks for destroying all my naive noobie misconceptions. I will hunt you to the end of time!!!

Seriously though, yeah, I was just excited about it, upon further thought, I was being a cocky idiot. Good call there. But it still means I'm probably improving. So hooray.

I've tried that flip over move, but again, against bigger guys it simply doesn't work, I'm not strong enough to lift them off the mat with my arms. They don't even need to move back to maintain balance, he can just hang onto me. Move won't even generate space.

Chemist

Posted On:
    9/10/2005 6:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    do 100 pushups everyday

Chemist

Posted On:
    9/11/2005 6:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds like he needs it, oh yeah, and I forgot the real advice --> Go to class and learn to be better at Brazilian Jiujitsu

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2005 5:43pm

Style: Taco Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Escapes I know from under side control:

A. Bridge up high, right after peak on the way down, hip out and turn into him, connecting your knee and elbow. You can get half guard from there. Work quickly and hip out the other way into full guard. Or if you're last name is Bravo, sweep him into a twister straight from half guard. :icon_mrgr

B. Work your inside hand under his hips. Flip to your stomach, at the same time grab both hands around his near leg. Move legs around to take the corner, and drive for a single leg takedown and your side control / knee on belly.

C. Work both hands inside. Flip to your stomach towards the outside, escaping.

D. Push up on the top of his head for space. Get enough room to bring your knee up as high as possible. Grip both arms around his torso. With your knee as a brace, turn your torso and pry with the knee, flipping him over you. You're in top side control now.

E. Work to cross face getting underhook on far side. Work your way down into low position on his body. Reach around and trap his foot. Roll him.

Are any of those 100% guaranteed will work every time when outweighed by 100lbs? Bwaaahaaahaaahaa.

No - they're all a pain in the ass and hard. As others have said, better to move quick in transition in the guard pass.

In general, fight to hip out away from him instead of being flat on your back. With a hip out you have distance and a little room to move.

Of course, on top, flatten his ass out on his back, work keylock far side, chokes if gi, near side arm bar or keylock with legs, and when he's fighting off one of those, go mount or north/south and finish from there.

Or better yet, eat those cheeseburgers, and smother his skinny-gasping-for-breath-ass with your many folds of fat. :toothy9:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234