Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 10:09am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm Andy Vaillencourt, the guy in the white gi doing the Rickson pose. Click on the Fitkids link.

You are right about the ninjas, but I delight in torturing Crawford about it. I've never asked, but the word ninjitsu was probably used specifically for the marketing purposes. The actual curriculum reads like kempo with throws and joint locks, but I just have to give him **** about the name.

Cuz it's fun. Now that Tom is in town to take over the aiki-ninjitsu classes, the marketing and curriculum will probably reflect his more traditional, stand-up oriented approach. Despite the silly name, Aiki-ninjitsu is very similar to Bushidokan karate, or kajukembo in it's approach.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 10:58am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude. You should change your avatar to read :-

Style: Ninjitsu/Kempo/Capoiera

Just for shits & giggles.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 11:20am

Style: Capoeira & Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The website is down.

What does AJJ mostly focus on? Ground work, submissions, takedowns, throws...? Do you guys ever train without the striking part?

What's wrong with Capoeira if you use it to fight instead of play the game? :/

I plan on going to classes there (for either the kickboxing or AJJ) as soon as my schedule opens up, and I start making enough money. I called up once and asked if I could go fight but things came up. Give me a few more weeks to improve my cardio and I'll drop by for a visit.

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 11:31am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielH
    The website is down.

What does AJJ mostly focus on? Ground work, submissions, takedowns, throws...? Do you guys ever train without the striking part?

What's wrong with Capoeira if you use it to fight instead of play the game? :/

I plan on going to classes there (for either the kickboxing or AJJ) as soon as my schedule opens up, and I start making enough money. I called up once and asked if I could go fight but things came up. Give me a few more weeks to improve my cardio and I'll drop by for a visit.
    AJJ is basically the name of the fight team at Crawford's. It's not really a "style", just a combination of everything that works in MMA. The instructors and coaches have backgrounds in Wrestling, Sambo, Judo, Jujitsu, Muay Thai, Boxing, and a bunch of "TMA"s as well.

We pretty much clean up at local MMA events, and are trying to import people for competition's sake. Rob Kimmons from our team recently fought Joe Riggs for the WEC middleweight belt, and Curtis Stout has fought in the UFC against Trevor Prangley and went to decision against Phil Baroni.

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 11:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We'd love to have a big Throwdown up here too. We could easily do several of the matches in a cage, in front of a crowd too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 1:12pm

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow... Tom Maienza was my teacher's first Bujinkan instructor in Los Angeles. I always hear really positive things about him.

From what I hear, their first few training sessions actually caused Ethan (who was a decent fighter despite a rather bullshido MA background) to close the doors of his own school and encourage his students to study under Tom. Later, Ethan moved to Minneapolis and Tom ended up with Toshindo.
    Last edited by Spunky; 9/08/2005 1:15pm at .

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 10:14pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did not know Phrost lived in Kansas! (Hi Neighbor) I did not know Phrost trains with Ninjas! I did not know Scrapper trains Ninjas? WTF is going on…sneaky ninjas…they have infiltrated the highest levels of Bullshido!

BTW we have an Okla-Throwdown in the works if any of you Kansas boys want to come down…

Its only a 4 ½ hour drive from Kansas City to Stillwater…

Do not make me challenge any of you to Gong Sau, repeatedly, in...

...big red letters!!!
    Last edited by Olorin; 9/09/2005 12:46pm at .

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 10:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I still had the Bullshidomobile (my old Excursion), we'd definitely make the trip.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 11:32pm

Style: Capoeira & Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you guys do go... do you think I can hitch a ride? I can probably pitch in some money for gas and it'd be fun to go to a throwdown. I need a ride though

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    9/09/2005 9:29am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Batplane may be available....

4 hours by car is about 40 mnutes in the plane.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast