supporting member
     Style: BJJ!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

American Jujitsu (AJJ)

Bullshido.com's birthchild?
    What is this action?
    Does it involve Japanese girls?
    It's only fun and games until somebody loses and eye. Then it's fun and games in two dimensions!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 6:45am

supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AJJ is where Phrost, Scrapper and KickAHippie train. The system is charactarized by it's unrivalled low leg crescent kicks.

Just kidding guys.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 6:55am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the place: http://www.crawfordsmma.com

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 9:15am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Think of it as jujitsu with strikes and throws. Crawford's instructor was already teaching a combination of jujitsu, judo, and kickboxing when the BJJ craze hit, and he didn't want people to confuse what he did with the Gracies. He is also a terminally uncreative guy, and so American Jujitsu is what we got.

At least Helio didn't invent the low crescent kick! (or did he...?)
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 9:29am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You've got some scary looking guys on the "Instructor's Page".

As an aside, what do you guys think of the "Aiki-Ninjutsu" programs offered there? Ninjutsu is slammed pretty heavily on this site, and so I was wondering what the members of "Crawford's MMA" thought about these classes.

I also like how the head instructor maintains a "5th Degree BB" and hasn't done the "10th Degree Soke Shodai Head Darth Vador" approach that many American Founders seem to do (at least the ones that we talk about here).

May you achieve
    Satori

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 9:35am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bwahahahaah, they go to a Mcdojo with Ninjas...bwhaahhahaahaahaha.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 9:49am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Careful...my secret shames:

-I have studied Wing Chun
    -I can play Capoeira
    -I teach small childen at a ninjitsu school

Satori...you wouldn't be referring to ME would you? I'm not scary!

Aiki-ninjitsu is Steve Crawford's business partner's amalgamation of Kempo, judo, and Hayes' To shin do. Crawford focuses on producing fighters, and has the most successful stable in the midwest (unless you consider Miletech to be midwest). Brad Imes trained there last tuesday, and Karo Parysian is a frequent visitor. Herb Dean and Larry Landless are AJJ black belts.

But yes, without the Aiki-Ninjitsu program the school would not be profitable. People love ninjas. There are no tabi boots, shuriken, or anything like that, though. I don't like it, but if the criteria of "can they fight" is applied, the school as a whole has top nocth pedigree.

But we still have ninjas.

I hate ninjas.

Technically, the course I teach is "Fitkids Martial Arts," so I'm not TECHNICALLY a ninja. But yeas, I feel dirty sometimes...
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 9:52am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nnjitsu's nothing to be ashamed of as long as they actually learn how to make poison and smokebombs.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 9:56am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    Nnjitsu's nothing to be ashamed of as long as they actually learn how to make poison and smokebombs.

they do not :dontknow:

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 10:02am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well...I didn't see an instructor named "Scrapper", so I don't know if you're one of the scary ones. Some of those guys make my balls shrivel, though...and I'm sure you're concerned about your school affecting my testicles.

To be honest, I feel that Ninjutsu has a LOT to offer. It is truly a TRADITIONAL martial art, and many of the motion concepts are very solid. The end result is also very freeform and unrestrained, which many progressive martial arts also strive for (like it's some NEW innovation or something).

What I hate about Ninjutsu is the name.

I studied Genbukan Ninpo for about 6 months until I had to stop because of a location change. When I "checked out" several schools, I was always afraid to tell them that my last style was "Ninjutsu". I'd always bullshit something like, "Well...it's a very traditional form of Japanese martial arts that includes elements of Karate, Kobudo, Jujutsu (EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT JUJUTSU IS), and Aikido..."

And for the record...modern day Ninjutsu-ka are NOT NINJA, nor will they ever be. Ninja no longer exist! Special Forces are NOT NINJA! Terrorists are NOT NINJA! A 12 year old who plays Counter Strike a lot is NOT A NINJA!

AAAARRRRGGGGGSPITCHOKEVOMITFARTEXPLODEGGGGGRRRRAAA AA!

K, I'm done.

May you achieve
    Satori
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast