Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    9/07/2005 11:08am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His class sounds like the all the 'traditional' karate classes I've watched. Stances, doing techniques in the air etc.

However, if Scrapper says this guy is sound, then that's a good recommendation, and these quote from their website sounds hopeful :-

"Bushidokan is best suited for those interested in effective street self-defense, tournament fighting, and fairly rugged physical conditioning."

And :-

"Sparring classes range from "no contact" to "full contact." These are usually karate sparring, although some judo sparring occurs as well"

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    9/07/2005 3:20pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's always interesting to hear about various local schools.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Genius

Posted On:
    9/07/2005 10:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like a crappy class to me.

I forgot to mention that focusing on technique so much led me to realize that I can only kick at full speed.
    So?
    Last edited by Thaiboxerken; 9/07/2005 10:06pm at .
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." – Voltaire.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 11:23am

Style: Capoeira & Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Balance mostly. I need to work on that. It mostly affects my Capoeira game since that's about the only time I'd ever go slow for an extended period of time. I'm sure it can't hurt to be able to do it well both slowly and quickly though.

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 1:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am in the class currently and I can say I have learned a lot about fighting/sparring in general in the short 10 months I've been taking it. Roy CAN hit like a tank and I know that first hand. He's knocked me down pretty good but not necessarily out. I definitely saw a quick blue flash I don't know if thats considered out haha. I watched him win a tournament yesterday - although it was point sparring, he managed to knock his last competitor out with a back wheel kick to the head. It was truely inspiring to see one's sensei knock someone out.

Great teacher in general. He has a good sense of humor and knows how to explain things in a way you will understand either by demonstration or just talking. I would recommend this class to anyone because he can teach all levels. It is at a community college however so I am referring to adults exclusively. Overall it is a have fun but work hard atmosphere to learn Karate in.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12