Posted On:
    3/28/2003 3:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cat Self-Defence', a new technique in martial art

ALOR STAR March 12 3/12/2003

A new technique of self-defence, known as the `Cat Self-Defence', has been introduced here to enable the exponents to protect themselves from harm.

International and Kedah State Instructor and Examiner of Malaysian International Taekwon-Do Federation (MITF), Master Cheah Gaik Wooi, 49, founded and introduced the new martial art technique here four months ago.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, creator of the Kungfoolss Darwinian Awards, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Posted On:
    3/29/2003 9:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    they'll do anything for $$$.

Movie Quote: http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=603&view=1 - Full Metal Jacket
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/29/2003 10:02pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    they'll do anything for $$$.
    You know, I truly wanted to know more about this "new tkd technique" but couldn't. Guess it's too new. There was only a vague reference to it at the following site -> http://www.worldoftaekwondo.com/news.asp
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Posted On:
    3/29/2003 10:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it could be anything almost definitely ripped from something else.

Movie Quote: http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=603&view=1 - Full Metal Jacket
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2003 10:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    exactly, tkd is so easily spread.
    all they need is a wide open space like a hall and their set to teach.
    all schools have halls and most school has tkd.
    why cant we just roll on concrete?

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    4/05/2003 12:01pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Article update:

`Cat Self-Defence', a new technique in martial art

ALOR STAR March 12 -

A new technique of self-defence, known as the `Cat Self-Defence', has been introduced here to enable the exponents to protect themselves from harm. International and Kedah State Instructor and Examiner of Malaysian International Taekwon-Do Federation (MITF), Master Cheah Gaik Wooi, 49, founded and introduced the new martial art technique here four months ago.

The Cat Self-Defence combines four disciplines of martial arts namely the Tomoi, Karate, Kungfu and Taekwon-Do. The advantage of the Cat Self-Defence is the parrying technique and arm speed to block the opponent's movements which were adopted from Kungfu and Karate. The legs are used to block off strikes from the opponent and posed a direct counter-threat adopted from the techniques of Taekwon-Do and Tomoi.

The Cat Self-Defence is something that cannot be practised alone as the exponent needs a partner to practise grappling with as well as to fend off armed attackers. The name `Cat' was chosen because it was Cheah's nickname given by his parents when he was a little boy. "I want it to be different from other well-known martial arts such as Taekwon-Do, Aikido, Hapkido and Judo that ended with the sound `Do'," he told Bernama here.

Cheah, one of the six people who hold the 7th degree black belt in MITF, said there are several kinds of self-defence in Malaysia such as Karate and Silat. Unfortunately, there are few women who are keen to learn the art. The Cat Self-Defence technique teaches the exponent how to defend oneself especially for women who crave to protect themselves from untoward incidents such as rape, sexual harassment, robbery and domestic violence which are quite rampant recently. Cheah, who has been involved in this field for the past 37 years, said that women could have been deterred from learning martial arts due to the aggressive training involved especially during the sparring session.

Cheah said that besides the youths, the Cat Self-Defence can also be learnt by married women who can practise this art as one of their daily routines.

http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/content.asp?y=2003&dt=0313&pub=Utusan_Expr ess&sec=Sports&pg=sp_10.htm