Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2005 1:21pm

Style: MT,bJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mercenary School..

I have an uncle that is a really cool guy. He had a really rough childhood..i.e. was actually homeless for a short time while he attended High School. Long story short he got involved in some bad things to get by. I do not completly believe everything he tells me, he says that he was a mercenary at one time and has told me countless stories of encounters doing this type of thing. He tells not in a hey look at how cool I am, but as to warn me about living a certain lifestyle. After a mercenary he was a bodyguard for a short time. He says he was trained in Chicago by a Japanese man and his son. I do not remember the teacher's name. Here's what I know to be true. my uncle knows a **** load about weaponary (like how to use them) it's just gun's and knives. I've seen my uncle spar twice he won against guys who trained and he hasn't trained in years (I mean twenty to twenty five years). I've met one guy that my uncle knew who did the same thing and I was with my uncle when we got a phone call that a friend of his was killed in Puerto Rico (supposedly on a job). Here's my question does anyone know of any tpe of mercenary school that was in Chicago during the late 1970's to mid 1980's? Has anyone else met some like this?

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    9/01/2005 1:27pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup. I was there.

But my mission was probably different than your uncles. I had heard that my long lost brother (I was adopted) Sakura was training these men in the martial arts. I infiltrated thier lair and managed to finally face him. I think I remember your uncle. He was one of the guys who didn't want to recruit me. He wore a hawaiian shirt and sunglasses at night, right?

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    9/01/2005 1:31pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmph ... in all seriousness, I can remember some scandal involving "Soldier of Fortune" magazine and something like this .... hmmmm
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2005 1:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    Hmmph ... in all seriousness, I can remember some scandal involving "Soldier of Fortune" magazine and something like this .... hmmmm
    What was in Solider of Fortune?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/01/2005 1:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mercenary simply means you are paid to fight for other than your own country. Most mercenaries are just former military personnel who hire out their services to foreign or private militaries.

There was a lot of this sort of work around in the late 70s and early 80s.

While there are non government organizations where you could get the necessary training (Blackwater comes to mind), I'm not aware of any "mercenary schools".

I think your uncle is probably stretching it a bit, especially if he claims he was trained as a merceneary in Chicago by some mysterious Asian man and his son. You could not effectively conduct combat training in the middle of Chicago. He may have studied MA in that manner, but that would have had nothing to do with being a mercenary.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2005 1:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdog
    Mercenary simply means you are paid to fight for other than your own country. Most mercenaries are just former military personnel who hire out their services to foreign or private militaries.

There was a lot of this sort of work around in the late 70s and early 80s.

While there are non government organizations where you could get the necessary training (Blackwater comes to mind), I'm not aware of any "mercenary schools".

I think your uncle is probably stretching it a bit, especially if he claims he was trained as a merceneary in Chicago by some mysterious Asian man and his son. You could not effectively conduct combat training in the middle of Chicago. He may have studied MA in that manner, but that would have had nothing to do with being a mercenary.
    Like I said. Only believe about half about what he says. I'm just trying to find out the reality of the part that is true.

Professional Wrestler

Posted On:
    9/01/2005 1:51pm

Style: Aikido-Kickboxing-Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdog
    You could not effectively conduct combat training in the middle of Chicago. He may have studied MA in that manner, but that would have had nothing to do with being a mercenary.

Have you seen parts of Chicago? You could probably have the Chinese army on maneauvers in there and everyone would claim to have had the TV turned up to loud to hear anything.
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/01/2005 2:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter H.
    Have you seen parts of Chicago? You could probably have the Chinese army on maneauvers in there and everyone would claim to have had the TV turned up to loud to hear anything.
    Good point, I stand corrected. :new_Eyecr

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    9/01/2005 2:01pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We call them 'contractors' in Iraq.

Posted On:
    9/01/2005 2:07pm

Style: mixed