I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/28/2003 2:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Suicide of black worker 'caused by bullying'

Family wins right to posthumous tribunal over son they claim was driven to hang himself

Special report: race issues in the UK

Helen Carter
    Tuesday January 9, 2001
    The Guardian

The family of a black postal worker who committed suicide because he suffered racial abuse at work has won the right to an employment tribunal hearing to take place posthumously.

Jermaine Lee, 26, was found hanged at his home in Hall Green, Birmingham, in November 1999. He had tied a martial arts belt to a roof rafter.

His family claim that Jermaine had been bullied and harassed at work over an eight month period. He had eventually been sacked from his job at the Aston sorting office in Birmingham. An internal investigation by the Royal Mail led to the suspension of six workers and the sorting office's manager was eventually dismissed.

Mr Lee left a suicide note addressed to his mother, Unnell, which said: "It's the only way out. Those guys at work hate me. Tell them it was nice playing with me and they won." An inquest held in the city in October last year found that he had committed suicide.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, creator of the Kungfoolss Darwinian Awards, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    4/09/2003 11:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Abused woman spared jail for killing husband

By Robert Verkaik Legal Affairs Correspondent

08 April 2003

A woman who strangled her husband with a martial arts belt escaped a prison sentence yesterday after the court heard she had suffered years of abuse at his hands.

Fatima Pearce, 37, who has three children, said she finally "snapped" and killed Ahmad Koulougli at the family home in Bristol last year when he had put pressure on her to perform a sexual act. Sentencing her at Bristol Crown Court, Judge Thomas Crowther QC said Pearce was a "victim" of "intolerable treatment" from her husband of six years. "You have been subjected to behaviour that has led you, at the time of the incident, to be suffering from acute depression and distress," he said.

Imposing a three-year community rehabilitation order, he said Pearce had been abused physically and emotionally for "a very long time". She had tried to deal with the violence in a "proper, responsible measured way" by going to social agencies and the courts. She had received help but in the end had been left to her "own resources", he said. Her husband had been convicted of offences against Pearce. The judge said he noted that Pearce was suffering a "severe abnormality of mind" at the time of the killing and that she continued to have psychological and physical health problems.

In addition, she was looking after her elderly mother and had three children, and prison would therefore be "wrong and counter-productive", the judge added. Pearce had pleaded guilty to manslaughter at an earlier hearing.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/story.jsp?story=395094

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, creator of the Kungfoolss Darwinian Awards, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena